Matt Barkley is a leader of Men

MrOuija

Liked Posts:
Not sure about that? He may not be able to launch it 70 yards but he was on target on every throw today beyond 30 yards with the exception of one pass which was a miscommunication.

No, you're right. Guess I just have to see it for a few games in a row to believe it. At USC he was good short to intermediate, but anything deep was a crapshoot, and he never moved well in or out of the pocket. But it has been a few years..

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No, you're right. Guess I just have to see it for a few games in a row to believe it. At USC he was good short to intermediate, but anything deep was a crapshoot, and he never moved well in or out of the pocket. But it has been a few years..

I thought he was very accurate today on deep passes.

A ton were dropped, a couple drew PI calls.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You still should draft a QB high.

But if Barkley can play it is like finding money and the Bears could use some luck.

Supercalifragilizer

Liked Posts:
I was expecting plenty of things in that game. Like Thompson running the ball out from the endzone and getting as far as the 15. Or Fox showing his usual complete fuckery for clock management. But i was NOT expecting Barkley to light it up like that! Shit that 2nd half the man would not be denied.

The walking fails that are the Bears WR corps can all be shot. But Barkley? Yeah he can come back next week.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I thought Barkley was going to completely shit the bed today, so this was a surprise. Keep playing him, and if that doesn't work out, then let's see what Fales can do.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
The Bears should cut Cutler, re-sign him and then cut him a second time, cut Hoyer, keep Barkley, and draft a QB with their first round pick

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

What's encouraging is his ball placement was stellar on a wide variety of throws on either side of the field. Even the last pass which was low and in where only the receiver could make a play on the ball. I'm with you though, we need to see more. As the 3rd string QB your snap count during practice week is extremely limited.

Today we could see a noticeable difference of what a QB getting thrown into a game mid stream looks like with little preparation vs a whole week as the number 1 taking all the snaps.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Even if Barkley plays exceptional the rest of the was and that is a giant if, you still draft a QB. 1 is better than none and two is better than 1.

You're always one injury away from a shit sandwich.
Yes, if Barkley got better every game through 5... then MAYBE you don't draft 1st rd like you're desperate, but you still draft a QB.

We should be drafting a QB every year regardless.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's sit back and see what happens. Barkley just made the last 5 games really interesting.

If Barkley can play, and still a big IF, that would be huge for the Bears.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
He played really well.

Didn't get sacked, made some great throws and did a lot without many weapons.
Also have to say the OL did a fine job giving him time to throw. And he needed it.

The Titans had to blitz to get any pressure on him.

He threw some picks under pressure. But he's young. Hopefully he can develop excellent decision making under pressure.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also have to say the OL did a fine job giving him time to throw. And he needed it.

The Titans had to blitz to get any pressure on him.

He threw some picks under pressure. But he's young. Hopefully he can develop excellent decision making under pressure.

Let's see if he can continue to be accurate down field and can limit the picks.

Before this game he was an unknown, I know he was an unknown with a bad NFL resume. But no one had ever let him start a game.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Matt Barkley before today's start had thrown 64 passes all in a relief role. At worst he was a total unknown. Let's see what he is.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The interceptions were terrible but he threw a better deal ball then we have seen since sex cannon was here.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Matt Barkley before today's start had thrown 64 passes all in a relief role. At worst he was a total unknown. Let's see what he is.

Can we chalk this up to the 5th back up who has outplayed Cutler?