Matt Barkley is a leader of Men

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Barkley actually played a lot better than I thought. Against a horrible secondary, but you have to start somewhere. Receivers were a joke. If he continues to play like this the rest of the season, bring him back for training camp.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Barkley threw 5 TD that game still would like to draft competition.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Barkley was consoling dumfuk Bellamy at the end.... I would have been telling John Fox to make sure him, Cam Meredith, and Deonte Thomspon were all cut

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
If Barkely keeps playing like that and improving maybe we dont draft QB in the first?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Obviously he needs more playing time. But he's is showing something. Lots of multiple passes to the outside of at least 15 yards. Most on the money. The most impressive thing about those passes that he looked off the safety first. He needs time. I'm not saying he's going to be great but I think with time, he can be at least a great back up. Only time will tell if more. But he did get the ball out of his hands fast. Meaning he was getting better throughout the game with his readings. He is bound to make mistakes. So I'm not bitching about his turnovers but obviously he will try to limit his mistakes. Time will tell as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
i was thinking he may just have needed his pump primed, he seemed to keep getting better and better as the game went on...but let's face it, that TD to Thompson...against a good secondary there's just no way, but he threw a lot of good passes for sure

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
It's funny, because after the 2nd interception, I was just about ready to say he didn't belong in the league, but then he came back and played a phenomenal 2nd half where he looked more than competent. I'm still leaning towards him not being any good, but I suspect we will come to find out--one way or another--with 5 games left to play.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Why can't Barkley be something?

Before today he had never started a game.

In his first start he played well and in my world is worth watching.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
It's funny, because after the 2nd interception, I was just about ready to say he didn't belong in the league, but then he came back and played a phenomenal 2nd half where he looked more than competent. I'm still leaning towards him not being any good, but I suspect we will come to find out--one way or another--with 5 games left to play.

he does seem to have a penchant for trying to squeeze some throws into way too tight coverage...but most of his throws were accurate

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He's the best QB we've ever have had, just give him a few more games, and he''ll be our Joe Montana!

sarcasm

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If Barkely keeps playing like that and improving maybe we dont draft QB in the first?

tumblr_of3gphFR3i1ukldkho1_400.gif

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Barkley has never started a game, has never prepped as a starter, has never gotten practice reps.

He has 5 games as a starter, to be assessed as a starter.

Let's let it breath and see what he does.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
More importantly, he did enough to keep Cutler on the bench. Just like the other back up did.

Soooo Cutler had a shot at getting in the game today listed as inactive?

dbldrew

Liked Posts:

whats so hard to understand abount not reaching for a QB if you dont have to? so far every QB in the draft is marginal.. so IF Barkley can improve and show something maybe we can pick a developmental QB in the 2nd or later rounds..