Do you trust R.Pace to find our next QB?

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have more faith in Ryan Pace to pick the QB.

Then I do of John Fox and Dowell Loggains developing and making him successful.

But as was said above, we have no choice in the matter, cross your fingers and pray.

Which is why we need them both replaced asap.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What kind of question is being asked, do we trust that Pace will find the next QB? Okay okay, yes Pace will find the next QB.

Now if the next question is will that QB be any good the only correct answer is WHO THE FUCK KNOWS

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually had lower expectations for CCS than I did the Bears. dabears70 is like the CCS equivalent of Gabe Carimi.

Nah, dabears70 didn't win the Outland trophy nor was he a first round pick. On top of that do you know if he's ever even been to Madison?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Calling him a Gabe Carimi implies that there are some certain expectations from him.

I think Moses Moreno is a more apt comparison.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
The 2015 draft looks worse then it did 3 months again. Nobody from that class built any success from their rookie year, mostly due to injuries.

The 2016 class looks solid but again there are holes and injuries. Can Floyd is good but can he sustain in the NFL? Bullard is below average. All the 4ths haven't shown much. Howard and Whitehair are studs.

Do I trust him to pick a "franchise" QB...not this year. He doesn't hold all the cards when your not picking #1

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He answered your question with his legitimate thoughts on this matter, and this is how you respond?

What's declined more this year; the Chicago Bears, or the ChiCitySports messageboard?

His answer was putting me to sleep now so i let that be known. Thank you for your concern though.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I do. I believe in Pace.

Most notably how he values players and makes adjustments in his draft position. He isn't scared to move down or up in the draft which shows that he evaluates a ton of players and does not panic. I said that after watching the 2016 draft, I have never seen a Bears GM so prepared for draft day.

That being said, drafting a QB is a different animal. You aren't looking for value. You can't move down and expect to find who you want. And if you want to move up, its expensive.

Good luck Ryan. We are rooting for you.

Some of us are rooting for him anyway. Rory thinks he's done a bad job and wants him gone.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Yes I do trust Pace. I was never enthusiastic about Fox. First of all everyone and I mean everyone who gets upgraded in responsibilities like going from coordinator to HC or psnl guy to GM makes mistakes early in their careers especially the first year. The key is do they learn from their mistakes. Given his two drafts as some evidence of this I believe Pace is learning from his mistakes. Also not drafting a QB IMO could easily fall to some degree on Fox. An HC from offense could very possibly have pushed harder for Pace to get at least one QB in these two drafts. That seems a very reasonable assumption to me. The other thing about Fox is we have heard that the Bear owners have given Fox more juice in their org because of long time experience as an NFL HC and Pace's inexperience as an NFL GM.

The absolute most important decision a GM makes is his choice for HC. This obviously is what got Emery bounced more than anything. We can only hope and pray the McCaskeys can see the Bears need an HC from offense to finally fix their offense. I do not believe they will fire Fox and replace him with another HC from defense but and hopefully Pace is getting into their ears about this, that the best and most likely only way to fix QB disasters that have plagued this team forever is to hire the best offensive mind they can hire to be their next HC. If Pace is as bright as I believe he is he knows this to be true and will try to sell it hard to his bosses.

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well of course we don't have a choice unless for some reason he gets fired after this season but i don't see that happening, but the question is whether or not you trust he can draft us the right guy if that guy is even in this draft because a lot of people are saying this is a weak QB class so i hope he doesn't draft one just to make the fans and his bosses happy if he doesn't believe in one or more of these kids.

He literally has to draft a QB. The current state of the QB position for the Bears is abysmal. Cutler sucks and is expensive, Hoyer is a journeyman who is okay, but lets be honest he isn't going to lead the Bears to the playoffs and then we have Barkley. I'm intrigued by Barkley, but the fact that we haven't seen him to date leads me to believe he is nothing more then a back up. The real fuck up here is that Pace hasn't made a move or drafted a QB through two drafts. That's on him.

As far as your original question - yes, I trust him about as much as a wet fart. Pace has had some solid hits and some busts. Just about like any other NFL GM. Nobody hits on every pick, which is why I'm dumbfounded that he hasn't taken a single QB in 2 drafts to hedge his bets. It seems to me that Pace puts so much pressure on the first round and is always swinging for the fences looking for that franchise player. He's going to have his shot in this draft, I just hope he doesn't get overthink it.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Yes..... He wanted Mariota and Wentz. Nuff said

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Pace has had some nice picks. Bullard, Goldman, Whitehair, Howard and Floyd all can play. White, Grasu and the collection of 4th round busts he's picked have all been terrible. His FA signings leave a lot to be desired, too. Bobby Massie is the worst player in the NFL. McPhee and Royal were damaged goods when they got here. Travathlan might be damaged goods.

I don't think Pace projects out to be a championship caliber GM but he's a heck a lot of better than Phil Emery. Speaking of Phil Emery - hows Jonathon Bostic and Brandon Hardin doing these days?

Pace will get an opportunity to draft a QB and he better not fuck it up. Or else he'll be flipping cajun fries at White Castle with Jon Shoop.[/QUOTThey don't have Cajun fries at White Castle

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Yea because he passed on them when they were both picked number 2 over all.......

He thought Cutler would get us Mariota. He made no attempt at Wentz. We drafted 7th and 9th overall those years, don't act like we had no chance to try.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It doesn't really matter of I trust them or who I trust more.

Because the next QB is going to be here next year and so will Pace and Fox and probably Loggains.

The only major change is going to be Cutler and at this point it is just a sad broken storyline.