Do you trust R.Pace to find our next QB?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Not if it's a fa. His fa record as of now looks like shit

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He thought Cutler would get us Mariota. He made no attempt at Wentz. We drafted 7th and 9th overall those years, don't act like we had no chance to try.

So him thinking Cutler would get us Mariota is him passing on him? Thats some sound logic. Do you know for a fact he made no play to trade up to the number 2 spot to get Wentz? Maybe he did and the Eagles were just willing to give up more. I have no desire to give up the farm for a QB, we see how well thats worked out for Cutler at this point.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
So him thinking Cutler would get us Mariota is him passing on him? Thats some sound logic. Do you know for a fact he made no play to trade up to the number 2 spot to get Wentz? Maybe he did and the Eagles were just willing to give up more. I have no desire to give up the farm for a QB, we see how well thats worked out for Cutler at this point.

He either didn't try or he's unfit to be a GM if he thought they would bite on a Cutler trade. In this day and age social media tells all, he did not make a play to trade up for Wentz. And you're right, every QB that a franchise has ever traded up for has turned into Cutler, good call.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Based on his track record thus far???? I'd say the odds are not good in the Bear's favor with Pace making a QB decision if you think that it really was he and not Fox who had the lion's share of the decision on the draft. Lets just say that the Bears could have drafted qbs who had a chance at being successful and whiffed on them in the last two years of this regime.

The truth is that I would want Pace to replace Fox with someone who does know quarterbacking and how to develop talent. So let him hire a head coach and have him assess the options and help on the draft.

doctorbear

Liked Posts:

It's pretty common knowledge the Bears were offering the same trade, but because it was to be made before the draft, the Bears refused as they did not know if Wentz would be there. Bears lose again, what a surprise. Fox would've made him a bust anyway

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I trust Pace. He has not been in position to land a top signal caller, which appears to be his goal, but this year he has no excuses as the Bears are so bad a top 5 pick is inevitable. The talk of a weak QB class is the same we hear every single season. Land Watson or Kizer and job well done. Pass on either and faith is lost. He MUST take a chance this season. There is no more selling Cutler to the fan base (sorry desbro) and who knows when the Bears will be quite this bad again.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
Its not Pace's decision on the rookie QB and if that rookie will perform.
It will be entirely up to the OC on how the rookie performs in the NFL.
Belechik finds and grooms QBs to his style of play.
The GM can scout the players, but he can only do so much in terms of on the field performance and success.
Most QBs thrive or fail depending on the system (unless they have diabetes).

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
Here's some food for thought - Dowell Loggains pushed the Browns to draft Johnny Manziel
after JFF sent him a text during the first round draft.

Great OC or greatest OC ever???

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Your use of the word "Special person" as an insult in the thread that was eventually locked speaks volumes about your character. Your lack of empathy and intelligence surprises no one.

Hawk gonna HAwk

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
All we know of his ability to evaluate qbs is the FA backups he has signed. Now that he has no choice but to draft one I hope he doesn't get too cute by going for an "impact" player and hoping his guy is still there later.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
He was a 3rd rounder that has done ok....he hasn't really sucked which is a departure from Angelo and Emery.

I don't recall him making a play the entire season.

The front 7, outside of Freeman, has sucked all season. Goldman did make the big 3rd down stop on Sunday late in the 4th, but other than that, the entire front has been underwhelming and that was supposed to be a 'strength'.

I give him an incomplete for now. I've seen nothing to suggest he'll be a good player. He looks to be yet another in a long line of the Bear's 'Just A Guy' roster strategy.

Hopefully that changes.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
I don't know, I thought the 2015 draft has been bad the whole time. Goldman is a nice 'point of attack' 3-4 DE, but thats all you got from a draft class where you were picking in the top 10. Kind of an abysmal start to a 'total rebuild'. Langford, Amos, Grasu & White have all been terribly unproductive.

When you put in black and white like that, you realize it really was a shitty draft.

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
Back to the original question - no I don't trust him.

Why? He's never been a GM before. Even in the player personnel role in NO, he never had to worry about that position. Just like Jerry Jones, Ted Thompson and Belicheck. Having a HOF QB gives you the luxury of not having to worry about that position and allowing you to focus on other roster spots. Can anyone name exciting NO draft picks over the last few years?

This team had the often hurts and entirely inconsistent Jay Cutler on the roster. A guy who was expensive, coming up on the end of his deal and again. Any person with a brain could see the team would need to start working on moving on past Jay Cutler.

As such, this team should have drafted a QB in EVERY one of the last 4-5 drafts. Pace himself said you take a QB every year. I won't begrudge him not taking Dak. Every draft is filled with guys that excelled that 31 other GMS passed up on. The fact that he has had two drafts and has NOT taken a single QB to develop with any of those spots, is unforgivable.

For that reason, no, I don't trust him to do it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Not if it's a fa. His fa record as of now looks like shit

A.Hicks
D.Trevathon
J.Freeman
P.McPhee--when he's on the field he's a beast but he has hurt us with the knee issues.
E.Royal--same as McPhee
J.Sitton
B.Hoyer

So the bad is just B.Massie who we all knew and talked about on here was a better run blocker than pass blocker which is what he has been. I'm obviously missing more player he signed that were bad but just can't think of them right now cause if you're saying his fa record is shit then there's no way that i named them all cause this isn't a shit fa record.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

No he does not know for a fact it's just more assumptions which happen a lot on here.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He either didn't try or he's unfit to be a GM if he thought they would bite on a Cutler trade. In this day and age social media tells all, he did not make a play to trade up for Wentz. And you're right, every QB that a franchise has ever traded up for has turned into Cutler, good call.

Social media does tell a lot these days but no way in hell do they tell anything that goes on in these war rooms during draft time cause GM's keep that shit locked up.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Your use of the word "Special person" as an insult in the thread that was eventually locked speaks volumes about your character. Your lack of empathy and intelligence surprises no one.

I absolutely hate that word. I have a friend who adopted a little boy with down syndrome so that word really bothers me and shouldn't be thrown around that way it gets thrown around on here....IMO

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't know, I thought the 2015 draft has been bad the whole time. Goldman is a nice 'point of attack' 3-4 DE, but thats all you got from a draft class where you were picking in the top 10. Kind of an abysmal start to a 'total rebuild'. Langford, Amos, Grasu & White have all been terribly unproductive.

Yeah i think most players are unproductive when they're hurt and not even playing and Langford and Amos were 4th and 5th round picks which you hardly ever get much production from and if you really wanna look at it what we've got from A.Amos in the 5th round is pretty damn good when 90% of 5th round picks don't even stay in the league for more than 2/3 years. But that's just me....lol

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I don't recall him making a play the entire season.

The front 7, outside of Freeman, has sucked all season. Goldman did make the big 3rd down stop on Sunday late in the 4th, but other than that, the entire front has been underwhelming and that was supposed to be a 'strength'.

I give him an incomplete for now. I've seen nothing to suggest he'll be a good player. He looks to be yet another in a long line of the Bear's 'Just A Guy' roster strategy.

Hopefully that changes.

Hahahahaha this is one of the reason why most of what you say on here is really just laughable.