Do you trust R.Pace to find our next QB?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I've made a few posts about him having a good eye for the QB position because of his interest in M.Mariota and C.Wentz but of course most of us know that the draft is always a gamble no matter how many so called draft experts, GM's, coaches and scouts like a guy because you just can't predict what any of these kids will be at the next level, especially at QB by what we see from them in college games or the scouting combine.

I've made it pretty well known on here how much i think R.Pace has done a good job so far with his drafts and free agencies although many disagree with me on that and don't trust him or think he's done all that good of a job so far.

How much trust do you have that R.Pace can and will find us our franchise QB in this draft or free agency? If he even does draft a QB in this draft that is.

https://t.co/kR6SsPj1pj

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has picked out some guys that have played well and their stock is rising. He also picked out guys that haven't done much.......so I guess he could get the job done. I think he has a better shot of getting a guy than Emery or Angelo; so I guess there is that.

The top 3 rounds for Pace have been White, Goldman, Grasu and Floyd, Whitehair, Bullard.

Year two was better than year one, although White has had some flashes when healthy. Year one can't stay healthy. Floyd, Whitehair and Bullard was a very solid draft so far.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
So far he has done a better job at picking draft picks than the last few Bears GM's. No one hits 100% on picks, no one. I would give him a crack at finding a replacement for Jay Cutler through the draft.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He has picked out some guys that have played well and their stock is rising. He also picked out guys that haven't done much.......so I guess he could get the job done. I think he has a better shot of getting a guy than Emery or Angelo; so I guess there is that.

The top 3 rounds for Pace have been White, Goldman, Grasu and Floyd, Whitehair, Bullard.

Year two was better than year one, although White has had some flashes when healthy. Year one can't stay healthy. Floyd, Whitehair and Bullard was a very solid draft so far.

Don't forget J.Howard and N.Kwitkowski and D.Hall could still end up being good players.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So far he has done a better job at picking draft picks than the last few Bears GM's. No one hits 100% on picks, no one. I would give him a crack at finding a replacement for Jay Cutler through the draft.

If he can have a draft as good as last years and hit on at least half of his picks with one being the QB and make some good free agency moves it will be huge for this rebuild. The front seven is close to a finished product but i'd love to get another OLB to add to McPhee, Floyd and Young but that secondary needs some work with at the very least needing a starting safety and CB and if he can get that secondary worked out we could be a beast of a defense next year.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Do we really have a choice? Let him roll the dice on a pick and if it doesn't work out we will be in the same situation heading into the 2018 draft.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Pace has had some nice picks. Bullard, Goldman, Whitehair, Howard and Floyd all can play. White, Grasu and the collection of 4th round busts he's picked have all been terrible. His FA signings leave a lot to be desired, too. Bobby Massie is the worst player in the NFL. McPhee and Royal were damaged goods when they got here. Travathlan might be damaged goods.

I don't think Pace projects out to be a championship caliber GM but he's a heck a lot of better than Phil Emery. Speaking of Phil Emery - hows Jonathon Bostic and Brandon Hardin doing these days?

Pace will get an opportunity to draft a QB and he better not fuck it up. Or else he'll be flipping cajun fries at White Castle with Jon Shoop.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Do we really have a choice? Let him roll the dice on a pick and if it doesn't work out we will be in the same situation heading into the 2018 draft.

Well of course we don't have a choice unless for some reason he gets fired after this season but i don't see that happening, but the question is whether or not you trust he can draft us the right guy if that guy is even in this draft because a lot of people are saying this is a weak QB class so i hope he doesn't draft one just to make the fans and his bosses happy if he doesn't believe in one or more of these kids.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace has had some nice picks. Bullard, Goldman, Whitehair, Howard and Floyd all can play. White, Grasu and the collection of 4th round busts he's picked have all been terrible. His FA signings leave a lot to be desired, too. Bobby Massie is the worst player in the NFL. McPhee and Royal were damaged goods when they got here. Travathlan might be damaged goods.

I don't think Pace projects out to be a championship caliber GM but he's a heck a lot of better than Phil Emery. Speaking of Phil Emery - hows Jonathon Bostic and Brandon Hardin doing these days?

Pace will get an opportunity to draft a QB and he better not fuck it up. Or else he'll be flipping cajun fries at White Castle with Jon Shoop.

Yawn yawn zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't forget J.Howard and N.Kwitkowski and D.Hall could still end up being good players.

I am talking about the first 3 rounds where a future QB is most likely to be taken.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Pace put this team in position to draft very early thus improving his chance at drafting a good QB.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He answered your question with his legitimate thoughts on this matter, and this is how you respond?

What's declined more this year; the Chicago Bears, or the ChiCitySports messageboard
?

Excellent question. :thinking:

And to answer OP's question... no I do not have faith in Pace picking our next QB.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I do. I believe in Pace.

Most notably how he values players and makes adjustments in his draft position. He isn't scared to move down or up in the draft which shows that he evaluates a ton of players and does not panic. I said that after watching the 2016 draft, I have never seen a Bears GM so prepared for draft day.

That being said, drafting a QB is a different animal. You aren't looking for value. You can't move down and expect to find who you want. And if you want to move up, its expensive.

Good luck Ryan. We are rooting for you.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I have more faith in Ryan Pace to pick the QB.

Then I do of John Fox and Dowell Loggains developing and making him successful.

But as was said above, we have no choice in the matter, cross your fingers and pray.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
By himself? Absolutely not. One would think the coaches would have a lot of input on the matter.