What are your favorite classic video games?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
General Chaos
Streets of Rage
Double Dragon

The stuff I played on Sega I consider classic.... idk about anything beyond that.

Maybe N64.... in which case Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party.

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
Really loved Jump Man Junior on the Commodore. Missle Command, Pitfall. Pole position...Dragons Lair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AussieBear

Hmm for nes i think Hockey is better. It's chaotic and hilarious.

Then on the 16 bit Era the ever loved nhl94 and mutant league hockey dominate.

Thinks like Wayne Gretzkys hockey or NHL hits later on had the high aggression style but I think never were as great.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

yeah but blades of steel had that music and the game within the game.. half time gradius...lifeforce.. etc etc clone

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
General Chaos
Streets of Rage
Double Dragon

The stuff I played on Sega I consider classic.... idk about anything beyond that.

Maybe N64.... in which case Mario Kart, Goldeneye, Super Smash Bros, Mario Party.

LOL, I forgot about General Chaos. Mutant League Football was great too, with the great RB Bones Jackson lol.

Wintermute

Liked Posts:
Goldeneye on the Nintendo was an after-bar tradition with my buds. Nothing like Bond all lit up on a Saturday night.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goldeneye on the Nintendo was an after-bar tradition with my buds. Nothing like Bond all lit up on a Saturday night.

We used to play two against two, where the screen was divided into four sections. One team on the left and the other on the right. We'd put a large piece of cardboard, centered on the screen going straight out as a divider so no one could see where the other team was. Girlfriends just shook their heads when they saw that set up. Good times...

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
I loved Joust. It still holds up surprisingly well, especially with 2 players. Tons of fun.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These titles may not be exclusive to the system I list them with, they just happen to be the systems I played the game on.

IBM mainframe (1980) = D&D, an original version written by a programmer that worked with me.
Atari 2600 = Adventure
Intellivison = D&D, Baseball, Football
Commodore 64 = The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Zork
Apple IIC = F-15 Strike Eagle, Wizardry: Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord, Castle Wolfenstein
NES = Mario, Link, Punch-Out. Never got into Tecmo.
Super Nintendo = The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Nintendo 64 = GoldenEye 007, a tank game I can't remember the name

Then Xbox and PS, were not calling those classics yet are we?

Early PC games were, Leisure Suit Larry, Zork, Wolfenstein 3D, Civ games, my first MMO Red Baron, Perfect General.

I was about to post this a week ago, got banned, saved it to Word, forgot about it until now, and pasted.

what the shit did you get banned for?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
what the shit did you get banned for?

I made fun of TBD, it was over the top nasty and well deserved. It was only 4 days that's cool, but I'm still banned from B&I and nobody mentioned it or how long it will last. Super secret mod stuff.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
brLvXAI.jpg

All repaired/modified systems from just the last few weeks. Every single one is arguably better than new as far as functionality and reliability since I swap out for better components where possible or reinforce known weaknesses with the original parts (none of this china-clone 72-pin replacement trash with higher resistance and strain, along with death grips that chew pins off cartridges). Not only that, I don't buy "kit" hardware upgrades that skimp out on quality parts.
This is the bulk reason why I'm playing more retro games of late, to test hardware outside of testing carts and discs.

So many N64s of late to test, so I've been testing Shindo releases. For example, Mario 64(J) is revision 1 of the game, the North American release is revision 2 which added content and had small fixes. The final original engine game was a Japanese exclusive called Shindo Mario 64 which has all the new North American features and then some, plus rumble. Shindo roughly translates to Impact, which is the Rumble Pak version we didn't get in the US. Even the Virtual Console or Mario 64 DS(which is a port with different engine) do not have rumble, so if you're just the hardcore Mario 64 fan, try to nab the Shindo versions while they are still cheap. Once more retro gamers discover this, the price will shoot up considerably. You will need to modify your cart or cart tray(in the N64, requiring the security bits) to play Japanese games.
3b9c5570-5300-11e5-819c-f15706b810ce.jpg

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
All repaired/modified systems from just the last few weeks. Every single one is arguably better than new as far as functionality and reliability since I swap out for better components where possible or reinforce known weaknesses with the original parts (none of this china-clone 72-pin replacement trash with higher resistance and strain, along with death grips that chew pins off cartridges). Not only that, I don't buy "kit" hardware upgrades that skimp out on quality parts.
This is the bulk reason why I'm playing more retro games of late, to test hardware outside of testing carts and discs.

So many N64s of late to test, so I've been testing Shindo releases. For example, Mario 64(J) is revision 1 of the game, the North American release is revision 2 which added content and had small fixes. The final original engine game was a Japanese exclusive called Shindo Mario 64 which has all the new North American features and then some, plus rumble. Shindo roughly translates to Impact, which is the Rumble Pak version we didn't get in the US. Even the Virtual Console or Mario 64 DS(which is a port with different engine) do not have rumble, so if you're just the hardcore Mario 64 fan, try to nab the Shindo versions while they are still cheap. Once more retro gamers discover this, the price will shoot up considerably. You will need to modify your cart or cart tray(in the N64, requiring the security bits) to play Japanese games.

I have a similar looking box of old NES and 64 stuff (if I didn't give it to Goodwill). If you want any or all of it, I'll send it if you pay shipping. Just PM me.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I have a similar looking box of old NES and 64 stuff (if I didn't give it to Goodwill). If you want any or all of it, I'll send it if you pay shipping. Just PM me.

Wow, sweet, Thanks. Yeah, I'm always looking out for stuff. One, so I can PROPERLY repair things, and not some youtube howto special to keep them preserved with tape, boiling parts, bodge job soldering, etc. The other thing I teach an electronics class for high schoolers in the summer, and I try to stock up on projects they would actually find interest in. Things like this are always a big help somewhere in my networks.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Donkey kong country series, super Mario world, Mario 64, Goldeneye, Spider-Man , paper mario, banjo series

AussieBear

mighty decent of ya..

may god bless you..

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I was testing a Zelda 2 romhack with the FDS soundtrack on a modded system. Despite being the most hated Zelda game, it's still a great game. Decided to just beat it again just to fine tune the audio mixing on a project system I have.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Huge Zelda Fan. Not 2 tho.

As for Super Mario, my favorite is Super Mario World for the SNES.

Resident Evil 1, 2, and 4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk