Best running back class since....

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
I would lot be against us building OL, Defense, and drafting another strong back. Then next year draft our QB that can come into a Dak Prescott type setup.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears need a QB.

If the top 2 QBs go 1 and 2 you can still get a really great prospect at 3...if that is where we pick.

Round 2 the Bears can still go after Webb, Mahomes, Falk or Kayaa if they so desire or possibly Watson if he is there....although I would stay away from Kayaa.
All the Bears need to do to move up to the second pick is lose to SF. Doable

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
There are 7 backs that will become instant starters and potentially game changers. I'm not sure I can think of a year this deep. Most years all of these guys would be 1-2 round talents but several will slide in the draft.

Fournette
Cook
McCaffery
Kamara
Foreman
Freeman
Chubb

I think we have something in Howard, but there will be 1-2 backs that fall due to the depth and will provide a chance to add exceptional value.
Don't have to look far: Matt Fortes class was maybe the best class ever

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
You'll never win anything in this league without a solid run game.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Best CB class possibly ever as well. Would be cool to pick up one of those in the 2nd round.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That is not just a good class with 7 guys in 3 rounds though.

Its a legendary class.

Fournette, Chubbs, Cook have all been special. Fucking McCaffrey would be a freak 3rd down back and nice compliment to Howard, but I guy I would limit his snaps to 10-15 which could drop his value. But its an explosive 10 snaps.

Kamara I don't know, but sounds like a favorite of some, which is hard to believe for me given that list.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
There is absolutely zero chance this happens. He has been dinged up this year and is currently at 843 yrds and 8TDs vs 1953 and 22 last year. Fournette top 5 is a stretch, I think he is 50/50 to drop out of the top 10.

He's healthy now when it matters, the off season. Remember how high a non healthy Gurley went with No combine or Proday? Fornette is in the same class as far as top bluechip RBs are concerned. Better than Elliott. The jets or Jags wouldn't hesitate for a second if he fell in thier laps

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
All the Bears need to do to move up to the second pick is lose to SF. Doable

Even if we lose to SF and their strength of schedule is harder wouldn't they still pick before us?? Or am I wrong on that?? Assuming we have the same record at the end of the year.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Even if we lose to SF and their strength of schedule is harder wouldn't they still pick before us?? Or am I wrong on that?? Assuming we have the same record at the end of the year.

But they play the rams and jets still after they beat us.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Team with the lowest strength of schedule would get higher pick. Offhand I'd guess the Niners have had the more difficult schedule. That would work in the Bears favor as far as draft pick is concerned. If tied with SF and SF does end with the stronger strength of schedule, Bears would draft ahead of them.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Best CB class possibly ever as well. Would be cool to pick up one of those in the 2nd round.

You aren't kidding. There are 10 guys that most years are first round picks. If we can get one of the top 5 guys in this group with our second round pick, we have to do it. That's like having two first round picks.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I agree that this class is super talented but we have a good enough back.

Plus, running the ball doesn't win football games. How many games has Howard won us? 1 I think, if that and he's one of the best running backs in football.

i like the formula if you have the 85 Bears defense but that was a once in a lifetime defense.

It's really just an adjunct, time eater in this NFL

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fournette should be a top 5 pick...
Cook should be 10-20
McCaffery should be a late 1 but that white rb stigma may drop him to the second eh..
Chubb injuries has him falling 2-4
is curtis samuel, not on your list, a rb.. wr...

what about hood, perine, gallman, hill etc

good class on paper for sure... bears should take one at some point even with howard looking decent

Specifically one who can catch the ball in obvious passing situations!!

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Value is great
RB is a worthless position to draft high
Our talent is lacking across the board
RB is a luxury pick, don't waste one on a rb until we solidify qb, oline, te and the entire defense

Elliot says that's bullshit!!

Agree completely!!!

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Elliot says that's bullshit!!

Agree completely!!!

We basically don't have a crucial weapon in the passing game now. We need a back thst can catch the ball and make big plays. That's why I love McCaffery, he can be a slot WR on 1/2 down and an elite 3rd down back. How could you look at that pick as a waste.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Kamara will be a beast as a pro, would love to see him battle Howard. Running games are making a comeback, i could see all these guys gone by mid 3rd.

As a Tennessee fan I would love to grab Kamara and agree he will turn out to be a great pro. He would easily beat out Langford and could serve as a pass-catching option and change of pace back. The guy is quick, elusive, and has vision. If I could compare him to anyone it would be Leveon Bell.

For those saying RB isn't a need, I agree, but Kamara would offer something different and with this anemic offense we need as many weapons as possible.