Best running back class since....

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
There are 7 backs that will become instant starters and potentially game changers. I'm not sure I can think of a year this deep. Most years all of these guys would be 1-2 round talents but several will slide in the draft.

Fournette
Cook
McCaffery
Kamara
Foreman
Freeman
Chubb

I think we have something in Howard, but there will be 1-2 backs that fall due to the depth and will provide a chance to add exceptional value.

AussieBear

There are 7 backs that will become instant starters and potentially game changers. I'm not sure I can think of a year this deep. Most years all of these guys would be 1-2 round talents but several will slide in the draft.

Fournette
Cook
McCaffery
Kamara
Foreman
Freeman
Chubb

I think we have something in Howard, but there will be 1-2 backs that fall due to the depth and will provide a chance to add exceptional value.

Fournette should be a top 5 pick...
Cook should be 10-20
McCaffery should be a late 1 but that white rb stigma may drop him to the second eh..
Chubb injuries has him falling 2-4
is curtis samuel, not on your list, a rb.. wr...

what about hood, perine, gallman, hill etc

good class on paper for sure... bears should take one at some point even with howard looking decent

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Fournette should be a top 5 pick...
Cook should be 10-20
McCaffery should be a late 1 but that white rb stigma may drop him to the second eh..
Chubb injuries has him falling 2-4
is curtis samuel, not on your list a rb.. wr...

what about hood, perine, gallman, hill etc

good class on paper for sure... bears should take one at some point even with howard looking decent

You make my point even stronger, I tried to not list too many but that's a legit 10-11 backs that in most years are picked in top three rounds. There will be am even better value this year than Howard. If we can land a complimentary back, great reciever or speed back in the 5th, we go RB again. I loved the Langford pick, but the value in this year's draft will be top good to pass up.

AussieBear

You make my point even stronger, I tried to not list too many but that's a legit 10-11 backs that in most years are picked in top three rounds. There will be am even better value this year than Howard. If we can land a complimentary back, great reciever or speed back in the 5th, we go RB again. I loved the Langford pick, but the value in this year's draft will be top good to pass up.

langford can comptete for the third spot...

howard/rookie/langford... or hell.. langford can take a hike for all i care...

AussieBear

About the only thing the Bears don't need now is a RB soooooooo WTF?

quality depth while the getting is good... or a possible hof at the top of the list...

Foxs panthers took Johnathan Stewart in the 1st...this was two years after taking DeAngelo Williams in the first... personally, i dont rule it out of the equation with fox around...

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers

Fournette
Cook
McCaffery
Kamara
Foreman
Freeman
Chubb

Kamara will be a beast as a pro, would love to see him battle Howard. Running games are making a comeback, i could see all these guys gone by mid 3rd.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pace is all about BPA so if we're picking from the 4 spot, I could really see Fournette. Would be really stupid, but I could see it.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pace is all about BPA so if we're picking from the 4 spot, I could really see Fournette. Would be really stupid, but I could see it.
There is absolutely zero chance this happens. He has been dinged up this year and is currently at 843 yrds and 8TDs vs 1953 and 22 last year. Fournette top 5 is a stretch, I think he is 50/50 to drop out of the top 10.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
RB would be a wasted pick just about anywhere. This team is rock bottom on talent in way too many places to even think about running backs.

QB
OT (possibly 2)
TE
Pass rusher
CB
S (probably 2)

There's 8 players far more needed than RB.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
RB would be a wasted pick just about anywhere. This team is rock bottom on talent in way too many places to even think about running backs.

QB
OT (possibly 2)
TE
Pass rusher
CB
S (probably 2)

There's 8 players far more needed than RB.

This...throw in the fact that if Pace gets a solid QB, upgrades the RT and/or LT, has a healthy Long and Sitton...Howard could be a star in this offense

AussieBear

There is absolutely zero chance this happens. He has been dinged up this year and is currently at 843 yrds and 8TDs vs 1953 and 22 last year. Fournette top 5 is a stretch, I think he is 50/50 to drop out of the top 10.

he did that in 7 games this year.. still averaged 6.5 ypc same as last year..

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I would agree, but for the sake of discussion, who do you think is the best RB in this draft? I'd say it has to be between Cook and Fournette.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
quality depth while the getting is good... or a possible hof at the top of the list...

Foxs panthers took Johnathan Stewart in the 1st...this was two years after taking DeAngelo Williams in the first... personally, i dont rule it out of the equation with fox around...
I don't see them getting rid of Langford who is under contract through the next 2 years on the cheap. I think they think of him as quality even though some of us, myself included, do not. I'd rather see them fix the QB position. Not just find their next starter but get a quality backup there. Then you need real help all throughout the secondary. An OT or 2 wouldn't hurt either. Should probably get a TE too and may have to look at wr even if they let Alshon go the way of FA.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Howard is injury prone and we are crazy to not carry another back that can full in for his production. I wouldn't use a pick in rounds 1-3 on a RB, but if there is great value after that, I'm all in.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Best running back class since
Not to bring back bad memories, but 2005? I know the top of the draft was considered very weak, and there were rumors the bears wanted out but couldn't find takers, but rb still went 2,4,5. Either way, quality depth in the draft could provide a valuable player for the bears. They seem to be on the 1 rb per year wagon.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Howard is fine as in Thomas Jones fine. Good enough. More than acceptable. Far from a problem position. Remember taking C. Benson when they had T. Jones? Want to make yourself feel sick? Go back and see who the Bears could have drafted instead of CedBen.

They can go QB, OL, DL, or CB early. If you want to take another RB in the 4-6, o.k., but I don't see a problem riding with the three they have now.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bears need a QB.

If the top 2 QBs go 1 and 2 you can still get a really great prospect at 3...if that is where we pick.

Round 2 the Bears can still go after Webb, Mahomes, Falk or Kayaa if they so desire or possibly Watson if he is there....although I would stay away from Kayaa.