Complete the Mock Draft

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
I wonder about Watson's fortitude in a Bears situation. His leadership is questionable as it is, with everything going right and every advantage at every position against opponents. On the Bears we might see more of the first 3 weeks where even the slightest obstacles seemed to put his mood in a funk.

I'd prefer a guy like Kaaya who has shown leadership in the thick and the thin, since the Bears are a thin.

How is he "lacking leadership". I'm not the biggest fan of him, but if anything the so-called "It" factor and leadership are some of the surefire things he brings to a team.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
This is Kiper's ranking of QB's. Notice the guy I chose for the Bears second round pick is second on this list and the only projected first round pick QB I really like Trubisky is ranked first.

Quarterbacks

1. *Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
2. *Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
3. *Luke Falk, Washington State
4. **DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
5. *Deshaun Watson, Clemson
6. *Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)
7. *Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
8. *Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
9. Antonio Pipkin, Tiffin
10. Davis Webb, California

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is Kiper's ranking of QB's. Notice the guy I chose for the Bears second round pick is second on this list and the only projected first round pick QB I really like Trubisky is ranked first.

Quarterbacks

1. *Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
2. *Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
3. *Luke Falk, Washington State
4. **DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
5. *Deshaun Watson, Clemson
6. *Brad Kaaya, Miami (Fla.)
7. *Baker Mayfield, Oklahoma
8. *Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
9. Antonio Pipkin, Tiffin
10. Davis Webb, California

Click bait by Kiper.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Click bait by Kiper.

This is ESPN insider stuff so it aint clickbait as no one is going out of there way to pay to see this. Perhaps just perhaps Kiper knows more than some of the guys on this board and has better NFL contacts. It should give some pause to go all in on Kizer and Watson for the Bears highest draft pick in decades especially when there should be a game changer pass rusher available to them.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is ESPN insider stuff so it aint clickbait as no one is going out of there way to pay to see this. Perhaps just perhaps Kiper knows more than some of the guys on this board and has better NFL contacts. It should give some pause to go all in on Kizer and Watson for the Bears highest draft pick in decades especially when there should be a game changer pass rusher available to them.

Kiper will change that list back to normal before we get close to the draft. In the a lull in their world so they start to change things up and mess with their rankings.

They all do it about now, and then when the Senior Bowl, combine and interviews start happening they all change again. You should read some of the stuff about Wentz from this time last year.

Or maybe Kiper is a better scout than all of the other media scouts?

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Kiper will change that list back to normal before we get close to the draft. In the a lull in their world so they start to change things up and mess with their rankings.

They all do it about now, and then when the Senior Bowl, combine and interviews start happening they all change again. You should read some of the stuff about Wentz from this time last year.

Or maybe Kiper is a better scout than all of the other media scouts?

There are more than a few media scouts not sold on Kizer and Watson as worthy of a top five pick. Todd McShay has not put either one in his top 32. Not saying any of them or these two are the best at this but this QB class in the top five picks is a crap shoot more than usual. I would love to know how Mike Mayock rates these QB's.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
If Pace truly believes in Fox, it's time he built a team in the Fox mold, running game and defense. I would not be shocked if we went this route:

FA
Kalil LT (move Leno to RT)
Tony Jefferson S
Ingram LB (cut Houston)
Dre Kirkpatrick CB

1st Fournette RB LSU
2nd King CB Iowa
3rd Watts S A&M
4th Taylor DE OK St
5th Sprinkle TE Ark

This gives us a top 3 running game (great OL and best 1-2 punch at RB in the league) and improves on our D. Run the ball 35 timrs per game and go with Hoyer to be a game manager. I obviously don't think this gets us the the Super Bowl next year, but you then add a QB and a couple offensive weapons and your are super close.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Who is Matt Kalil and why do people think he is good ? I don't like sideway jobs Leno is cheaper young just as good pick up a RT or let see if Massie puts together an amazing 5 game stretch.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Kalil was the 4th pick in 2012 draft and is a pro bowl caliber tackle. We'd get a huge upgrade with him, but I doubt Minnesota let's him go

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Kalil was the 4th pick in 2012 draft and is a pro bowl caliber tackle. We'd get a huge upgrade with him, but I doubt Minnesota let's him go

he had 1 good year.... he has been garbage ever since.

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
If Pace truly believes in Fox, it's time he built a team in the Fox mold, running game and defense. I would not be shocked if we went this route:

FA
Kalil LT (move Leno to RT)
Tony Jefferson S
Ingram LB (cut Houston)
Dre Kirkpatrick CB

1st Fournette RB LSU
2nd King CB Iowa
3rd Watts S A&M
4th Taylor DE OK St
5th Sprinkle TE Ark

This gives us a top 3 running game (great OL and best 1-2 punch at RB in the league) and improves on our D. Run the ball 35 timrs per game and go with Hoyer to be a game manager. I obviously don't think this gets us the the Super Bowl next year, but you then add a QB and a couple offensive weapons and your are super close.

Um, a RB in the first round? Yeah... we have these things called "holes" at a ton of other positions

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He is really, really bad.

r1terrell23

Liked Posts:
I think a 3rd losing season and a "future QB" that doesn't play well is going to get some people in serious trouble.

Pace's job is going to be defined by whoever he taps to be the QB of the future.

That is why I don't think he will wait till the 3rd round.

Exactly. If Pace doesn't draft a top notch qb this draft he is fired at the end of next season. If he drafts a top notch qb in round 1 or 2 he gets another 2 years of leeway at least.

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. If Pace doesn't draft a top notch qb this draft he is fired at the end of next season. If he drafts a top notch qb in round 1 or 2 he gets another 2 years of leeway at least.

What defines "top notch"? High pick, or "top notch starter" in rookie year on this marginal at best Offense??

^ ^ No. This is ignorantly short-sided impatient "fire-happy" thinking and the reason for failure on all the league's worst teams. Not saying this is you, but to the meatball mob & media, how can it not be painfully obvious this team won't be in the SB hunt next year, so what's the big rush to do X by year 3??...at the expense of starting over in year 4 if not? It's been said, but a mid-round developmental QB Pace really likes is better than a reach. There's no pleasing this mentality, unless he picks a 2nd or 3rd Rd. talent in the top 3 and also gets lucky the guy's a 1st year insta-hit? not likely to happen. What's a GM to do in response to this?? Seriously?

It took the Raiders several years and now they're tops in AFC. The damn RAIDERS!! With their old meddling owner out of the picture, they FINALLY let a GM do his job and were patient. Pace has proven to be a good scout so far, hardly an Emery or Angelo and those guys got much more rope. Chill. Besides...

There IS NO "top-notch" QB in this draft, despite the media pumping up a few favorites (like they do every year) that shit teams will always reach for every year. Yeah, let's join the Jacksonville/Browns top 5 Annual Draft party. Reaching for marginal talent is desperation & failure.

If he's got his for sure guy, grab him, but he's not one to reach beyond reason. Getting a QB he's not crazy about early "just because", robs the next few seasons of talent elsewhere including Offensive upgrades the QB will need to succeed.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I tell you what, if the Bears look elsewhere other than QB there is some nice talent on defence available.

Myles Garrett
Jonathan Allen
Marlon Humphrey - Has the skills to be the next Patrick Peterson

That being said, if the Bears don't address QB in round 1, they better in rounds 2 or 3.

Dabearswinorlose

Liked Posts:
I would probably go with Jonathan Allen. Our front 7 is already good but he's the best player on the board. I believe every game he would make 2 or 3 plays where you just go WOW that was great I'm glad he's a bear. We seen a few wow plays on Sunday from both Eddie Goldman and Akiem Hicks. Allen has potential to be better than either of them. In round 2 I would definitely take a qb. Maybe even trade back into the first for one. I vision something similar to what Oakland did a few years ago. Draft a top 5 game changer on D and a talented qb with potential in round 2.