FirstTimers Big Board of QB's

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Vs. Power 5 conf. teams Deshaun Watson has completed 69.4 % for 318 yards/g and 28 TDS. Only FBS QB to reach all 3 of those levels.

Deshaun Watson completed 114 of 151 passes for 1298 yards and 12 TDs in Nov. His .755 comp % was best in nation for month, min 100 att.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good list, I also share your sentiment on Trubisky.

My boy Falk had a tough game against the Huskies last week but I'm still high on him. I think he has the potential to be the next Drew Brees.

I'm putting all my faith into Pace with this QB class. This draft will define Pace's legacy. I'm really interested to see how he ranks this class and watch how this class fares in the years to come.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vs. Power 5 conf. teams Deshaun Watson has completed 69.4 % for 318 yards/g and 28 TDS. Only FBS QB to reach all 3 of those levels.

Deshaun Watson completed 114 of 151 passes for 1298 yards and 12 TDs in Nov. His .755 comp % was best in nation for month, min 100 att.

another guy who I don't think makes it out of the first round....

Again he plays in a spread offense and it inflates his numbers a bit. But he seems to have decent accuracy on balls that need touch pass accuracy, not just wide open guys....

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has Browns or 49ers written all over him. Give me the winner Watson. He will bring excitement back to the Bears. I don't know if he has what it takes to last 10+ years but I think he has the personality to do whatever he can to be successful.

EXACTLY!!!! If Watson is available, and the Bears pass on him, they will be regretting that decision for the next 10 years.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
what are some quick hit pro's and con's for Kizer and Watson? Why would Pace choose one over the other or what reason would he have on passing on both of them?

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
what are some quick hit pro's and con's for Kizer and Watson? Why would Pace choose one over the other or what reason would he have on passing on both of them?

Watson:

Pros: Winner, leader, never rattled. + arm, good enough accuracy. Athletic, can create. He's not Cam Newton or Mike Vick but more of a present day Kap with his running ability. Tough. Understands complexity of the spread. Not a simple snap throw guy like some. Was given a lot of leeway at the line. No character issues. I'll be interested to see how he measures at the combine but his seems to have good enough size. Big game player that showed up and dominated on the biggest stages. Arguably the best player on the field in games vs Bama, Louis, FSU etc

Cons: Injuries(Knee), funky arm slot, can get sloppy with his mechanics, Will sometimes trust his ability a little too much and force some things.

Kizer:
Pros: Leader. High character. Great makeup/moxy. Doesn't get rattled easily. Great size (6'4 240-250). Good athlete for that size. (Think Carson Wentz running style) Big arm. Has ability to be incredibly accurate and has shown it. Can make the "bucket throw". QB'd a complex offense under high pressure for two years. Was entrusted with a lot at the line. His Jr. year he lost a lot of talent around him and was still as productive, team just wasn't as good. Committed to football. Went from 3rd string in Spring 2015 to Starter out of nowhere and really improved.

Cons: Mechanics. Has some bad habits with over striding in his footwork. It regressed as the year went on and the team kind of asked him to do too much. Could stand to tighten up his throwing motion. Concentration lapses with the mechanics side of things.

That's the quick and dirty on both.

Why Pace would choose one over the other? Watson has the big game flash, more athletic. Given how much he loved Mariota it stands to reason he'd like Watson over Kizer because Kizer to me more resembles Winston QB wise and Watson is more Mariota-ish

Why he'd take Kizer over Watson? Big game player as well, better size, bigger arm, the way Kizer handled adversity this year, IMO when Kizer is "right" he's more accurate. Kizer IMO was also trusted with more at the LOS than Watson was and had more of a hand in the play calling.

Why he'd pass on both/either?....No idea...He'd have to REALLY like someone else down the board and/or Myles Garrett would have to be there at #3 and he knows he'd get another QB he REALLY likes in Round 2/3(Think Oakland with Mack/Carr).

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Good list, I also share your sentiment on Trubisky.

My boy Falk had a tough game against the Huskies last week but I'm still high on him. I think he has the potential to be the next Drew Brees.

I'm putting all my faith into Pace with this QB class. This draft will define Pace's legacy. I'm really interested to see how he ranks this class and watch how this class fares in the years to come.

What would you give to be a part of the Bears war room for the entire draft?? Would be one of the best experiences i could ever think of being a part of in the sports world.

Schmidtaki

Just your everyday fail.
Donator
Liked Posts:
One last thing to note: There are obviously a lot of QB's missing from this. These are the guys that I consider "draftable" in context as I referenced above of being NFL starting QB's for the Bears. If your guy isn't on here it doesn't necessarily mean I hate him, it's just that I don't view him as a possible or probable NFL starting QB.

My QB isn't in this list. I feel discriminated against and will now need a safe space setup for me to deal with this life altering disappointment that you have brought upon me.

I didn't really have a QB in mind. :pace:

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
What would you give to be a part of the Bears war room for the entire draft?? Would be one of the best experiences i could ever think of being a part of in the sports world.

My favorite stories, shows, and long form articles in May are generally about peaks behind the curtains in War Rooms. I've spent a lot of time talking to scouts who have been involved and it's really fascinating.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I haven't been able to watch much college football this year. I like what I've seen from Watson. Every time I see Kizer, I come away unimpressed. I only saw Trubisky doing squat against NC State, but I didn't watch the whole thing.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Good thread... Thanks for posting it. I think Kizer, Watson and Trubisky all go 1st round and most likely top ten. I prefer Watson out of that group but I'll be fine with any of them. I think Pat Mahomes goes no later than round 2. He might end up as the best of the bunch. If the Bears pick a stud like Garrett, Allen or Peppers and end up with Mahomes too that would be a fantastic scenario.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm starting to like the idea of drafting a QB in the second round and using the first-round pick to draft an absolute fucking monster for the defense, so it's good to see that there could be some QBs available then as well.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Trubisky has Browns or 49ers written all over him. Give me the winner Watson. He will bring excitement back to the Bears. I don't know if he has what it takes to last 10+ years but I think he has the personality to do whatever he can to be successful.

There is nothing exciting about Watson's play.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I haven't been able to watch much college football this year. I like what I've seen from Watson. Every time I see Kizer, I come away unimpressed. I only saw Trubisky doing squat against NC State, but I didn't watch the whole thing.

I have a question for you do you watch the throw or the catch. I'm assuming the catch.

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
I'm starting to like the idea of drafting a QB in the second round and using the first-round pick to draft an absolute fucking monster for the defense, so it's good to see that there could be some QBs available then as well.

absolutely, take garrett or allen, both look like future all pro's...as long as the 2nd rd qb is not a fucking idiot who throws games, thats a major improvement over what chicago has had at qb for a long time coming.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I have a question for you do you watch the throw or the catch. I'm assuming the catch.
Um, both. It's not that hard.

Sent from my bathroom using toilet talk

Reactions: WCL

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
As an ND fan I really want to believe Kizer can be a successful NFL QB, but I've got some major questions about him that leave me doubting.

I think he is prone to some poor decisions with the ball when under pressure. I realize that afflicts a lot of QBs, but I felt his errors were particularly egregious. Also seems prone to inaccuracy at times, which I think goes back to part of what FT said about his mechanics.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
'Tis the season. The CFB Season is effectively done and the Bears are dead in the water. I spent a lot of time researching these players and watching as many throws on them as I possibly could. This is how I value the players. This is in no way a prediction of where I think they will be drafted or if they will be available with the picks.

Please keep in mind I view these boards as more "team centric", yes there is can be overlap where I would draft them if I was making a general NFL board but I really view these through the optics of I'm evaluating these QB's for specific teams. In this case it's (obviously) the Bears.

I also view these guys through draft slots and rounds. So I will post guys I think would be worthy of the Bears #3 pick, their #35 pick, etc. After you get past the #3 pick keep in mind as well guys at the other picks I would be fine with the Bears making a move up in that round for or late into the round before it to nab the player. For example: The guys I have listed at #35 I'd generally be fine with the Bears trading back into the late 1st round to pick up and so on and so forth.

One last thing to note: There are obviously a lot of QB's missing from this. These are the guys that I consider "draftable" in context as I referenced above of being NFL starting QB's for the Bears. If your guy isn't on here it doesn't necessarily mean I hate him, it's just that I don't view him as a possible or probable NFL starting QB.

There could be some movement on these guys as we go towards the draft because of unforeseen circumstances or information that comes out as the process moves on and I will update the board when and if I feel it's needed but this time of year is a good jumping off point.

Without further adieu:

#3 Pick
DeShaun Watson
DeShone Kizer

#35 pick
Luke Falk/Mitch Trubisky/Davis Webb

Brad Kaaya/Seth Russell*

*A note on Russell, this will depend heavily on his medicals coming back "clean" off the ankle injury If he comes out of the combine with some nagging or major concerns I would slide him to the #67 pick slot. Perhaps lower. As of today I'm assuming a clean recovery but this is a guy who could slide back

#67 pick
Chad Kelly
Mason Rudolph

4th Round
Baker Mayfield

5th Round
Pat Mahomes
JT Barrett

6th Round

7th Round

UDFA:
Gunner Kiel

Curious where would you have Garoppolo ranked in this draft class? And would you be willing to give up the picks it would take to trade for him if you were the Bears.