FirstTimers Big Board of QB's

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I like the rankings. Agree that it is Watson and Kizer then everyone else. Trubisky to me is above the rest of that tier you have him with but with such a small sample size I could see why you have him there.

Dude I usually agree with you but I don't get what you love about Watson at all. He doesn't have NFL accuracy throwing downfield or outside the hash marks. I would take Trubisky, Kizer, Webb, Kaaya all over him (probably Falk too but I don't think he's coming out). I really think the guy is going to be absolutely nothing in the NFL.

Last edited:

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If they don't take Trubisky or Kizer with the first pick, Webb is the guy I want. I also think Kaaya could be Matt Ryan, but I love Webb's throwing outside the pocket enough to edge him ahead of Kaaya.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Curious where would you have Garoppolo ranked in this draft class? And would you be willing to give up the picks it would take to trade for him if you were the Bears.
I would have him 6th. After Falk and before Watson.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a huge fan of Kizer. I would be very happy he was the pick in the first round.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Dude I'm usually in agreement with but I don't get what you love about Watson at all. He doesn't have NFL accuracy throwing downfield or outside the hash marks. I would take Trubisky, Kizer, Webb, Kaaya and maybe even a couple of others over him. I really think the guy is going to be absolutely nothing in the NFL.

He has shown plenty of downfield accuracy. Of course he has had some mis-throws but, to me, those are related to mechanics and can be fixed with effort and I believe he is the type to put forth the effort needed to succeed at the next level. I love how no moment is too big for him, how he has the arm to make every throw in the book, the mobility to extend plays and allow WRs to get open. I love how clutch he is and when the Tigers need a score to win the game I have no doubt in my mind Watson will march down the field and get the W for his team.

Overall I think he has that "it" factor that words can't describe and stats don't show. He is cool and calm under pressure and I value that. I think he is going to have a great pro career and elevate the team he is on the way he did with the Tigers.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He has shown plenty of downfield accuracy. Of course he has had some mis-throws but, to me, those are related to mechanics and can be fixed with effort and I believe he is the type to put forth the effort needed to succeed at the next level. I love how no moment is too big for him, how he has the arm to make every throw in the book, the mobility to extend plays and allow WRs to get open. I love how clutch he is and when the Tigers need a score to win the game I have no doubt in my mind Watson will march down the field and get the W for his team.

Overall I think he has that "it" factor that words can't describe and stats don't show. He is cool and calm under pressure and I value that. I think he is going to have a great pro career and elevate the team he is on the way he did with the Tigers.
Maybe. If you're right that would be great, I just don't trust his accuracy.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
Maybe. If you're right that would be great, I just don't trust his accuracy.

It's so hard to project how these kids will be as pro's. So much that we don't have access to. Like every other prospect he could bust but I think he's going to be a beast. I am hoping to go and see him play live this year and get an up-close look at him.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Dude I usually agree with you but I don't get what you love about Watson at all. He doesn't have NFL accuracy throwing downfield or outside the hash marks. I would take Trubisky, Kizer, Webb, Kaaya all over him (probably Falk too but I don't think he's coming out). I really think the guy is going to be absolutely nothing in the NFL.

If you took his down field accuracy, and compared it to any 3-5 QB combination you want from this draft, you'd be embarrassed by the above statement. From a statistical stand point that is.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
'Tis the season. The CFB Season is effectively done and the Bears are dead in the water. I spent a lot of time researching these players and watching as many throws on them as I possibly could. This is how I value the players. This is in no way a prediction of where I think they will be drafted or if they will be available with the picks.

Please keep in mind I view these boards as more "team centric", yes there is can be overlap where I would draft them if I was making a general NFL board but I really view these through the optics of I'm evaluating these QB's for specific teams. In this case it's (obviously) the Bears.

I also view these guys through draft slots and rounds. So I will post guys I think would be worthy of the Bears #3 pick, their #35 pick, etc. After you get past the #3 pick keep in mind as well guys at the other picks I would be fine with the Bears making a move up in that round for or late into the round before it to nab the player. For example: The guys I have listed at #35 I'd generally be fine with the Bears trading back into the late 1st round to pick up and so on and so forth.

One last thing to note: There are obviously a lot of QB's missing from this. These are the guys that I consider "draftable" in context as I referenced above of being NFL starting QB's for the Bears. If your guy isn't on here it doesn't necessarily mean I hate him, it's just that I don't view him as a possible or probable NFL starting QB.

There could be some movement on these guys as we go towards the draft because of unforeseen circumstances or information that comes out as the process moves on and I will update the board when and if I feel it's needed but this time of year is a good jumping off point.

Without further adieu:

#3 Pick
DeShaun Watson
DeShone Kizer

#35 pick
Luke Falk/Mitch Trubisky/Davis Webb

Brad Kaaya/Seth Russell*

*A note on Russell, this will depend heavily on his medicals coming back "clean" off the ankle injury If he comes out of the combine with some nagging or major concerns I would slide him to the #67 pick slot. Perhaps lower. As of today I'm assuming a clean recovery but this is a guy who could slide back

#67 pick
Chad Kelly
Mason Rudolph

4th Round
Baker Mayfield

5th Round
Pat Mahomes
JT Barrett

6th Round

7th Round

UDFA:
Gunner Kiel

How would you feel about the Bears taking 2 or 3 of these guys, if done in the appropriate round?

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree...I think the offense is gimmicky.

But he is accurate and has decent arm strength. If the Bears ignore the QB position in the first they should take him in the second.

Yes if they go defense rnd 1. Then he would be a great rnd 2 pick. If you watch him play against LSU last year in the bowl game. You can see how well he did against a good SEC defense. He carried TT on his back for 3.5 qtrs. Texas Tech defense was swiss cheese so ultimately LSU pulled away about mid 4th qtr.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Sporting News recent mock draft had the Bears taking Pat Mahomes.

At #4 overall.
I actually like what I have seen from him, and if the coaches do to then taking him at three is something they should instead of getting cute and letting the QB they want get away.

A few will say that is way too high to take him, but QB is too hard to fix to wait.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One thing that gets overlooked on Watson when comparing him with the rest of these guys is the level of competition he faces on a week to week basis. Nobody else on that board has played half the amount of tough defenses he has.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i havent been following college ball at all, so who are the prospects that actually run a pro style O or at the very least are occasionally asked to read Ds, change plays, and go through progressions? because im simply not interested in pure college passers and the hope that they can develop into a pro style QB.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
My favorite stories, shows, and long form articles in May are generally about peaks behind the curtains in War Rooms. I've spent a lot of time talking to scouts who have been involved and it's really fascinating.
I think a reality show like hard knocks, but following the draft process is something I would watch.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
If they don't take Trubisky or Kizer with the first pick, Webb is the guy I want. I also think Kaaya could be Matt Ryan, but I love Webb's throwing outside the pocket enough to edge him ahead of Kaaya.
Have you checked out mahomes ?

AussieBear

'Tis the season. The CFB Season is effectively done and the Bears are dead in the water. I spent a lot of time researching these players and watching as many throws on them as I possibly could. This is how I value the players. This is in no way a prediction of where I think they will be drafted or if they will be available with the picks.

Please keep in mind I view these boards as more "team centric", yes there is can be overlap where I would draft them if I was making a general NFL board but I really view these through the optics of I'm evaluating these QB's for specific teams. In this case it's (obviously) the Bears.

I also view these guys through draft slots and rounds. So I will post guys I think would be worthy of the Bears #3 pick, their #35 pick, etc. After you get past the #3 pick keep in mind as well guys at the other picks I would be fine with the Bears making a move up in that round for or late into the round before it to nab the player. For example: The guys I have listed at #35 I'd generally be fine with the Bears trading back into the late 1st round to pick up and so on and so forth.

One last thing to note: There are obviously a lot of QB's missing from this. These are the guys that I consider "draftable" in context as I referenced above of being NFL starting QB's for the Bears. If your guy isn't on here it doesn't necessarily mean I hate him, it's just that I don't view him as a possible or probable NFL starting QB.

There could be some movement on these guys as we go towards the draft because of unforeseen circumstances or information that comes out as the process moves on and I will update the board when and if I feel it's needed but this time of year is a good jumping off point.

Without further adieu:

#3 Pick
DeShaun Watson
DeShone Kizer

#35 pick
Luke Falk/Mitch Trubisky/Davis Webb

Brad Kaaya/Seth Russell*

*A note on Russell, this will depend heavily on his medicals coming back "clean" off the ankle injury If he comes out of the combine with some nagging or major concerns I would slide him to the #67 pick slot. Perhaps lower. As of today I'm assuming a clean recovery but this is a guy who could slide back

#67 pick
Chad Kelly
Mason Rudolph

4th Round
Baker Mayfield

5th Round
Pat Mahomes
JT Barrett

6th Round

7th Round

UDFA:
Gunner Kiel

How dare you disrespect the seconding coming of good rex.... Dont let Baker Mayfields 6'0-6'1 in heels and 195-205 lb when wet and carrying sum gold fool you.. he comes via brees country... a white russell wilson, but baker is still a lil more black #wrongskin... throws off them toes for added height just like wilsun.... gotz some mobility likes him too.... however, his rexy mojo is stronger... he gots the "it" all day

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
i havent been following college ball at all, so who are the prospects that actually run a pro style O or at the very least are occasionally asked to read Ds, change plays, and go through progressions? because im simply not interested in pure college passers and the hope that they can develop into a pro style QB.

Kaaya pro style mahomes spread but he does everything you said except read defenses(when comparing to pro style reads) but mahomes would flourish in Seattle's offense imo.

TexasBearfan

Liked Posts:
I don't see the Bears trading back with the number three pick. I think there will be a guy they want at that position. Unless they get a QB they want in FA I don't see them passing up on Kizer if he is available.

i was at Kizers last game at ND and he made some passes in the wind that were flat out amazing....he missed seeing a couple guys who were wide open but hopefully as he matures....

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Brad Kaaya and that is all.