FirstTimers Big Board of QB's

AussieBear

Thank you.

If I do not love the QBs I would entertain trading the 3rd pick for Jimmy G something like.

3rd pick

For

Jimmy G
30th pick
4th round pick

what kind of fuckery is this??????????????????????????????????????????????????...

is windy aka hometown jimmy

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am done over thinking Deshaun Watson.

The guy is a play maker, doesn't matter if he is getting hit, his defense doesn't show up, he just keeps coming back and making plays and making throws.

The #2 team in the country lives and dies on their QB, that tells me a lot about him.

Yeah...he has gotten back to his old self and is throwing a TD a quarter down the stretch. Looks good, gets the ball out very quick with zip to the edge. He puts pressure on the D, and has enough agility to buy some time. Can throw 70 yards from his knees type of arm.

I agree he is probably a talent we shouldn't pass on if we get the chance. Same with Kizer.

First round 1. Watson 2. Kizer

Second round 1. Kaaya

Third round 1. Webb

Is my list. There is something I don't like about Trubisky. I don't know what it is. Bulky stiffness? Not really fast. Not really agile. He gets alot of open guys in that offense and I don't like that the offense has regressed under his leadership after the previous QB went undrafted and bounced around to 3 teams. That doesn't sit real well with me.

Thats my list. If Webb goes up draft boards he goes up mine too but I don't want to overpay, I just want him even if we are drafting 2 like Griffin/Cousins style.

If Kizer and Kaaya go back to school, and the Browns take Trubisky because Watson is too much like Griffin for them to re-experience, and Garrett goes 2 and we get Watson in first and Webb in 3rd I would be more than ok with that package despite the holes.

We have to realize developing a rookie QB takes 2-3 years before we will be like the Raiders with Derek Carr so we have time to fill the gaps. Which is why its insane Pace waited. We should have somebody ripe as Cutler is exiting already. Oh well....guess we are hitting bottom finally.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yeah...he has gotten back to his old self and is throwing a TD a quarter down the stretch. Looks good, gets the ball out very quick with zip to the edge. He puts pressure on the D, and has enough agility to buy some time. Can throw 70 yards from his knees type of arm.

I agree he is probably a talent we shouldn't pass on if we get the chance. Same with Kizer.

First round 1. Watson 2. Kizer

Second round 1. Kaaya

Third round 1. Webb

Is my list. There is something I don't like about Trubisky. I don't know what it is. Bulky stiffness? Not really fast. Not really agile. He gets alot of open guys in that offense and I don't like that the offense has regressed under his leadership after the previous QB went undrafted and bounced around to 3 teams. That doesn't sit real well with me.

Thats my list. If Webb goes up draft boards he goes up mine too but I don't want to overpay, I just want him even if we are drafting 2 like Griffin/Cousins style.

If Kizer and Kaaya go back to school, and the Browns take Trubisky because Watson is too much like Griffin for them to re-experience, and Garrett goes 2 and we get Watson in first and Webb in 3rd I would be more than ok with that package despite the holes.

We have to realize developing a rookie QB takes 2-3 years before we will be like the Raiders with Derek Carr so we have time to fill the gaps. Which is why its insane Pace waited. We should have somebody ripe as Cutler is exiting already. Oh well....guess we are hitting bottom finally.

We have to realize developing a rookie QB takes 2-3 years

Great.....cuz we've been trying to "develop" one for 8 yrs.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Once again, you completely miss the point of his post.

no...YOU don't get the sarcasm. He's talking about having a Qb ready to take over 4 jay's exit and how long it takes. All I'm saying is ( what ever the strategy moving forward) just roll the dice since IMO, jay has been playing like a "developmental project"

AussieBear

no...YOU don't get the sarcasm. He's talking about having a Qb ready to take over 4 jay's exit and how long it takes. All I'm saying is just roll the dice since IMO, jay has been playing like a "developmental project"

but jays the best bears qb of all time...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I am done over thinking Deshaun Watson.

The guy is a play maker, doesn't matter if he is getting hit, his defense doesn't show up, he just keeps coming back and making plays and making throws.

The #2 team in the country lives and dies on their QB, that tells me a lot about him.

No offense because I like Watson and more as I see more but you could have said the same thing about Tebow. Watson is hot and cold (mostly hot) with his throws and that's the only thing that has me thinking Trubisky above him. But if a team thinks their coaches can work him more consistent, he'd be the guy.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sold on Watson, not yet. Admittedly I tuned into the game late, score was already 21-7, and for a stretch Watson just looked, well, meh. Then they started running him to bring the secondary up, and only then did he look good to me (again I missed the 1st quarter). He's a great college QB to watch, still not sure how well his game translates to the NFL. Guess I am still more a traditionalist, and like a pure pocket passer.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No offense because I like Watson and more as I see more but you could have said the same thing about Tebow. Watson is hot and cold (mostly hot) with his throws and that's the only thing that has me thinking Trubisky above him. But if a team thinks their coaches can work him more consistent, he'd be the guy.

How could you possibly compare Tim Tebow's ability to throw to Watson?

Just because a guy wins, and seems to make big plays in big moments does not make him Tim Tebow. It makes him a good QB.

When has he been inconsistent? Everyone always says he is inconsistent. Outside of the PITT game where he threw too many picks he has consistently kicked good teams asses.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not sold on Watson, not yet. Admittedly I tuned into the game late, score was already 21-7, and for a stretch Watson just looked, well, meh. Then they started running him to bring the secondary up, and only then did he look good to me (again I missed the 1st quarter). He's a great college QB to watch, still not sure how well his game translates to the NFL. Guess I am still more a traditionalist, and like a pure pocket passer.

He started the game going 10 for 10 from the pocket and the 11th pass was dropped.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
no...YOU don't get the sarcasm. He's talking about having a Qb ready to take over 4 jay's exit and how long it takes. All I'm saying is ( what ever the strategy moving forward) just roll the dice since IMO, jay has been playing like a "developmental project"

And like I said, you completely missed the point. Per usual.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

I can provide u a list of successful Qb's "whose game wasn't suppose to translate to NFL". IMO the complete Qb can make plays in or outta' the pocket.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can provide u a list of successful Qb's "whose game wasn't suppose to translate to NFL". IMO the complete Qb can make plays in or outta' the pocket.

Ok, show me the list. I can just as easily show you a list of those who's skill set did not translate well.

As for your opinion, that in itself is enough to give anyone pause.

But, as my post alluded to, I am not against Watson, just not ready to buy yet.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
From PFF

1. Trade for Patriots QB Jimmy Garoppolo.
Jimmy Garoppolo will likely be the most-pursued QB in the offseason by teams looking to build around a young quarterback. Although we have fairly small sample size to draw from, Garoppolo has shown all the traits necessary to have sustainable success. In his regular-season game action this year (two-plus games), he played extremely well in most areas, but most notably under pressure, where he was first among QBs in passer rating, at 106.0, and third in adjusted completion, at 73.3 percent, through the first three weeks. His ability to play within the structure of the offense—as well as create—make the former Eastern Illinois product Chicago’s best option.

Garoppolo is under contract with New England through the 2017 season, so this would obviously have to happen via trade. The Patriots will have a decision to make for the future, and it might not be all that easy. Tom Brady is showing no signs of slowing down—his arm and movement skills at 39 years old are perhaps better than ever. It’s also tough to let a guy like Garoppolo go; although he will likely never be Tom Brady, he appears to be everything you would hope to have in a QB when Brady finally does retire. The 14-year age gap is substantial, but it’s still hard to see Brady going anywhere soon.

The Bears could get in a bidding war for Garoppolo with a team like the Browns, who have plenty of ammo with draft picks heading into the offseason. The price could be steep—likely a first rounder and another early-round pick—but worth it for a Chicago team searching for a long-term answer. Pursuing Jimmy Garoppolo makes the most sense, not to mention a perfect fit for what Dowell Loggains has shown he likes to do in his first year as offensive coordinator.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Ok, show me the list. I can just as easily show you a list of those who's skill set did not translate well.

But, as my post alluded to, I am not against Watson, just not ready to buy yet.

The "experts" said these guys skills didn't "translate"
Fran Tarkenton ( this guy held many of the passing records until Marino, Farve and Manning came along) Warren Moon ( HOF QB), Randell Cunningham, McNabb, Cam Newton ( they said he shouda' been a TE), R. Wilson, just to name a few.

Why? If a Qb has the mobility to keep a play alive while his wr's get open....why would that skill give u cause for pause? With the garbage Wilson had at wr, they don't win w/o his play-making skill set

If a Qb can do this vs. just sitting in pocket....ru gonna say this is a bad thing

[video=youtube_share;I-QMM2VMePM]https://youtu.be/I-QMM2VMePM[/video]

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:

Perhaps Jimmy G is the best solution first Polian now PFF weigh in that it is. It makes sense as long as you are not the one that has to ante up the ransom to get him. The billion dollar question is will our Bears have the stomach to win a bidding war for Jimmy after winning one for Jay that had little pay off. Then we have the Matt Barkley December tour trying to prove to the world he will be a good NFL starter.

Something to consider if Josh McDaniels were to become the bears new HC it would enhance the justification to pay the ransom for Jimmy as he would not have to learn a new system or get acquainted with a new HC.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Perhaps Jimmy G is the best solution first Polian now PFF weigh in that it is. It makes sense as long as you are not the one that has to ante up the ransom to get him. The billion dollar question is will our Bears have the stomach to win a bidding war for Jimmy after winning one for Jay that had little pay off. Then we have the Matt Barkley December tour trying to prove to the world he will be a good NFL starter.

Something to consider if Josh McDaniels were to become the bears new HC it would enhance the justification to pay the ransom for Jimmy as he would not have to learn a new system or get acquainted with a new HC.

If for some reason Kap leaves the 9'ers ( I've heard rumblings).....he'd be a much better choice than jg. jg just doesn't have the resume and he's been injured

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
How could you possibly compare Tim Tebow's ability to throw to Watson?

Just because a guy wins, and seems to make big plays in big moments does not make him Tim Tebow. It makes him a good QB.

When has he been inconsistent? Everyone always says he is inconsistent. Outside of the PITT game where he threw too many picks he has consistently kicked good teams asses.

I don't know what everyone says. I know what I see. Remember I also believe he should be a high pick and like him. I'm just not as smitten as you are. This 2nd part is just silly to misrepresent like you did.

I never compared their ability but Tebow's team fared as well as Tebow fared also. Do I need to list his awards to prove his influence? That statement doesn't make me want a college QB more. The point is that we know they don't compare as pro prospects and that your statement holds true for both so should not be a qualifier for a high pick. Now don't misrepresent that statement as you did the last one. I feel Watson should be a high pick but not because of that.

You used to be so rational. I think this badness is really getting to you.