FirstTimers Big Board of QB's

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
'Tis the season. The CFB Season is effectively done and the Bears are dead in the water. I spent a lot of time researching these players and watching as many throws on them as I possibly could. This is how I value the players. This is in no way a prediction of where I think they will be drafted or if they will be available with the picks.

Please keep in mind I view these boards as more "team centric", yes there is can be overlap where I would draft them if I was making a general NFL board but I really view these through the optics of I'm evaluating these QB's for specific teams. In this case it's (obviously) the Bears.

I also view these guys through draft slots and rounds. So I will post guys I think would be worthy of the Bears #3 pick, their #35 pick, etc. After you get past the #3 pick keep in mind as well guys at the other picks I would be fine with the Bears making a move up in that round for or late into the round before it to nab the player. For example: The guys I have listed at #35 I'd generally be fine with the Bears trading back into the late 1st round to pick up and so on and so forth.

One last thing to note: There are obviously a lot of QB's missing from this. These are the guys that I consider "draftable" in context as I referenced above of being NFL starting QB's for the Bears. If your guy isn't on here it doesn't necessarily mean I hate him, it's just that I don't view him as a possible or probable NFL starting QB.

There could be some movement on these guys as we go towards the draft because of unforeseen circumstances or information that comes out as the process moves on and I will update the board when and if I feel it's needed but this time of year is a good jumping off point.

Without further adieu:

#3 Pick
DeShaun Watson
DeShone Kizer

#35 pick
Mitch Trubisky/Davis Webb

Brad Kaaya/Seth Russell*

*A note on Russell, this will depend heavily on his medicals coming back "clean" off the ankle injury If he comes out of the combine with some nagging or major concerns I would slide him to the #67 pick slot. Perhaps lower. As of today I'm assuming a clean recovery but this is a guy who could slide back

#67 pick
Nate Peterman
Chad Kelly

Pat Mahomes

4th Round
Jerod Evans

5th Round

6th Round

7th Round

UDFA:
Gunner Kiel

UPDATE: 12/5: Removed Baker Mayfield as he said he is coming back to school.
Updated 12/27: Removed Luke Falk as he is coming back to school
Updated 12/28: Removed Mason Rudolph as he is coming back to school
Updated 1/4: Removed JT Barrett as he is coming back to school. Moved Mahomes from 5th round to 3rd/4th round area based on attrition of the class.
Updated 1/11: Added Jerod Evans. Moved Mahomes from 5th round to 3rd/4th round area based on attrition of the class.
Updated 1/30: Added Nate Peterman

Last edited:

dennehy

Liked Posts:
I haven't spent as much as you probably have watching QBs, but in general I agree with this assessment. Falk is very intriguing to me, but almost certainly not available when the Bears choose unless they trade down from 3 or up from 35.

I wish this was a stronger QB draft. I'm a big fan of Josh Rosen physical and mental ability, but he also seems like he might not have the will to be a great QB. I still think he's the best prospect in CFB right now.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't follow College football. I just don't have the time on Saturdays to invest. I see highlights and what not and hear things but there's certainly doesn't seem to be a front runner right now although Trubisky seems to be the one on the move upwards.

Wentz made the move up late this past draft and has looked good for the most part. Gotta believe he'll just get better if they ever get him a decent weapon or 2.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't follow College football. I just don't have the time on Saturdays to invest. I see highlights and what not and hear things but there's certainly doesn't seem to be a front runner right now although Trubisky seems to be the one on the move upwards.

Wentz made the move up late this past draft and has looked good for the most part. Gotta believe he'll just get better if they ever get him a decent weapon or 2.

I'm always wary of guys of one year of film and/or significant playing time. Typically the NFL has been too unless they have some freakish athletic qualities. If the Bears took Trubisky I'd be fine with it and support it. I just can't put him as a top 5 pick in my mind. Impressive kid and season, I'm just not "there" yet on him.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I like the rankings. Agree that it is Watson and Kizer then everyone else. Trubisky to me is above the rest of that tier you have him with but with such a small sample size I could see why you have him there.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Reports are saying Kaaya is going back for his senior year which i think is a fantastic choice as a Canes fan. List is pretty solid, although i think the NC kid Trubisky will be the 1st qb taking if he declares which i think he will believe he is graduating this December.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Trubisky has Browns or 49ers written all over him. Give me the winner Watson. He will bring excitement back to the Bears. I don't know if he has what it takes to last 10+ years but I think he has the personality to do whatever he can to be successful.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
For what it is worth.... Capt. Obvious here, but I don't see Pace reaching for a QB just because he needs one, as weird as that sounds.

Edit: Would love to see how he grades them right before the draft, even though I know that will never happen (anyone outside of the organization seeing their draft grades).

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Trubisky has Browns or 49ers written all over him. Give me the winner Watson. He will bring excitement back to the Bears. I don't know if he has what it takes to last 10+ years but I think he has the personality to do whatever he can to be successful.

This is something I have been weighing as well.

Watson to me has the mental make up to be successful and at a minimum realize his potential and lead a rebuilding team.

I am crossing my fingers that he comes to the combine at a legit 6'2" and 215-220lbs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Sporting News recent mock draft had the Bears taking Pat Mahomes.

At #4 overall.

Wow, that's high as hell for him but i do think he's one of the guys that could really surprise in the NFL and wouldn't mind the Bears drafting him but i was hoping in the 3rd round.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
This is something I have been weighing as well.

Watson to me has the mental make up to be successful and at a minimum realize his potential and lead a rebuilding team.

I am crossing my fingers that he comes to the combine at a legit 6'2" and 215-220lbs.

If he's really 6'2 he's playing at like 190-200 pounds. No way he weighs 220 in his pictures.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see the Bears trading back with the number three pick. I think there will be a guy they want at that position. Unless they get a QB they want in FA I don't see them passing up on Kizer if he is available.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
For what it is worth.... Capt. Obvious here, but I don't see Pace reaching for a QB just because he needs one, as weird as that sounds.

Edit: Would love to see how he grades them right before the draft, even though I know that will never happen (anyone outside of the organization seeing their draft grades).

I don't think that sounds weird at all. Pace isn't gonna waste a high pick on anyone if he doesn't believe in him no matter the position and that's how it should be. NOBODY can fully predict what a college player will be in the NFL especially a QB so if he doesn't like what's there for him at each pick QB wise then he shouldn't take one just to please the fan base especially with so many other needs on this team. I do think that if he doesn't take one of these top kids with either of his first two picks then i really hope he finds one and maybe even two QB's to take in the middle to later part of the draft. He needs to come out of this draft with at least one QB no matter where he drafts him at.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
'Tis the season. The CFB Season is effectively done and the Bears are dead in the water. I spent a lot of time researching these players and watching as many throws on them as I possibly could. This is how I value the players. This is in no way a prediction of where I think they will be drafted or if they will be available with the picks.

Please keep in mind I view these boards as more "team centric", yes there is can be overlap where I would draft them if I was making a general NFL board but I really view these through the optics of I'm evaluating these QB's for specific teams. In this case it's (obviously) the Bears.

I also view these guys through draft slots and rounds. So I will post guys I think would be worthy of the Bears #3 pick, their #35 pick, etc. After you get past the #3 pick keep in mind as well guys at the other picks I would be fine with the Bears making a move up in that round for or late into the round before it to nab the player. For example: The guys I have listed at #35 I'd generally be fine with the Bears trading back into the late 1st round to pick up and so on and so forth.

One last thing to note: There are obviously a lot of QB's missing from this. These are the guys that I consider "draftable" in context as I referenced above of being NFL starting QB's for the Bears. If your guy isn't on here it doesn't necessarily mean I hate him, it's just that I don't view him as a possible or probable NFL starting QB.

There could be some movement on these guys as we go towards the draft because of unforeseen circumstances or information that comes out as the process moves on and I will update the board when and if I feel it's needed but this time of year is a good jumping off point.

Without further adieu:

#3 Pick
DeShaun Watson
DeShone Kizer

#35 pick
Luke Falk/Mitch Trubisky/Davis Webb

Brad Kaaya/Seth Russell*

*A note on Russell, this will depend heavily on his medicals coming back "clean" off the ankle injury If he comes out of the combine with some nagging or major concerns I would slide him to the #67 pick slot. Perhaps lower. As of today I'm assuming a clean recovery but this is a guy who could slide back

#67 pick
Chad Kelly
Mason Rudolph

4th Round
Baker Mayfield

5th Round
Pat Mahomes
JT Barrett

6th Round

7th Round

UDFA:
Gunner Kiel

Pat Mahomes is better then.

Luke Falk
Davis Webb
Chad Kelly
Mason Rudolph
Brad Kaaya/
Seth Russell

Go watch the videos on him he is very very under rated.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pat Mahomes is better then.

Luke Falk
Davis Webb
Chad Kelly
Mason Rudolph
Brad Kaaya/
Seth Russell

Go watch the videos on him he is very very under rated.

I agree...I think the offense is gimmicky.

But he is accurate and has decent arm strength. If the Bears ignore the QB position in the first they should take him in the second.