ESPN Forte Article

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard has more yards even with 53 fewer carries. Matt is what he's always been, a reliable workhorse who isn't really going to wow you with many of his carries. Funny they compare his season this year with the Jets to his rookie year cause his average per carry is almost exactly same and very low. Good on him for taking care of himself and having a long career but I prefer the Jordan Howard type rb much more.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
Jordan Howard has more yards even with 53 fewer carries. Matt is what he's always been, a reliable workhorse who isn't really going to wow you with many of his carries. Funny they compare his season this year with the Jets to his rookie year cause his average per carry is almost exactly same and very low. Good on him for taking care of himself and having a long career but I prefer the Jordan Howard type rb much more.

Jordan Howard is the GOAT.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
giphy.gif

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rushing | Receiving | Touches
............G Att Yds TD Y/A Lng |Rec Yds TD Y/R Lng |Att Yds Y/A
Forte - 131 2237 9361 52 4.2 68 |513 4318 20 8.4 89 |2750 13679 4.97
Peterson - 122 2412 11725 97 4.9 82 |240 1944 5 8.1 63 |2652 13669 5.15

Was bored so I went to compare Forte's numbers to Peterson's numbers. Forte is the top and Peterson is the bottom. Overall if you add in the receiving, Peterson only averaged about .18 yards more than Forte per touch. I'd take that type of production for another 10 years. Hopefully Howard can provide us the same type of output.

So looking ahead, are both Peterson and Forte HOF worthy, only Peterson?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Should have let Forte retire a Bear. He was cheaper to sign than we all thought and it would have been great to retain some leadership through these troubling times. Much happier with Howard's potential ceiling though don't get me wrong.

mcmahon85

Liked Posts:
Howard is a good back but he is slow. He has no speed.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

If Jordan Howard has more offensive yards than anyone else in the NFL over the next 8 years, I will be happy indeed.

I love Howard too but Forte was a great Bear. Not a solid or good Bear, a great Bear.

cbo0485

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Forte wasn't a Bear you wouldn't even be asking this question.
You're right and if I wasn't a bears fan i wouldn't be here. Point?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Forte is a top 5 Bears RB all time. Great player, better person

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If Jordan Howard has more offensive yards than anyone else in the NFL over the next 8 years, I will be happy indeed.

I love Howard too but Forte was a great Bear. Not a solid or good Bear, a great Bear.

And I don't see Howard getting there because he's so far behind Forte in terms of pass-catching ability. Forte came into the league with ability to be a dual-threat guy. Howard is not. He could develop, sure, but he's nowhere near Forte yet.

Still incredibly excited to see where Howard's career takes him.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Forte is a top 5 Bears RB all time. Great player, better person

1. Payton
2. Sayers
3. Forte
4. Anderson
5. Thomas Jones?

I think Forte ends up over Anderson because of career longevity. Also I couldn't think of anyone else for No. 5 so that's why I went with TJ. I'm not too familiar with the careers of guys like Nagurski, Gallimore, Casares, Feathers, etc. so I wouldn't know how they compare and at the moment I'm too busy to look into it.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

OK, but I will take Forte over Carey as the 3rd down back and reliever any day of the week.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're right and if I wasn't a bears fan i wouldn't be here. Point?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Believe his point is quite simply you won't see Forte as a future hall of famer if you remove the homer glasses.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Jordan reached a max speed of 20.76 MPH in the game vs the Vikings. It was the 2nd highest speed recorded for any player that week. I'm not trying to show you to be an idiot. The facts do seem to point to that though.

The article i read had him as the 2nd fastest RB of the season, not just that week