Palmer

Crouch

Weinke

9 of the past 16 winners were Caucasian

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We can't pick for need completely if the value isn't in the players at tackle. With good depth at CB we should have plenty of options.

My point is and remains, there is going to be "value" picks at QB, CB, OL, DL, TE and S at every pick. I get the BPA and I'm fine with that to a degree but my point was that RB is likely the only position where there is any depth. WR could be considered that if Jeffrey stays in Chicago and off the PEDs. And if White can stay healthy and is 3/4 of what they thought he was. And if M. Wilson stays healthy. And if Meredith continues to improve. And if Royal, well, never mind....But that is a whole bunch of "ifs" at WR.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
He is a weapon for sure but this is a loaded RB class and we have so many needs that I don't think you can justify taking a RB in the second round.

With how high well be picking in the 2nd round there is going to be some very good players there. Look at every draft and a lot of 1st round talent goes at the top of the 2nd.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember the last time the Bears spent a 1st round pick on a white RB from Stanford...

503002167029d.image.jpg

he is 17th on the all time Bears rushing list.......

draft a fullback in the first round......different times.....

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Unless they're throwing, kicking, or blocking, I'll pass on the white kids.

Liked Posts:
I'm curious what everyone else thinks about McCaffery. He could start at four positions and be dynamic at all. He is our KR, PR, Slot reciever, and 3rd down back and combined with Howard would give us Forte level production (I'm saying both guys combined give us Forte level numbers) at RB. That's a great value from one player. I'd strongly consider using our second on him and if for some reason he slides to 3rd (not likely but with this RB class it's possible) it's the steal it the draft. He could easily win ROY with his production at those four positions.

Don't be bozo.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My point is and remains, there is going to be "value" picks at QB, CB, OL, DL, TE and S at every pick. I get the BPA and I'm fine with that to a degree but my point was that RB is likely the only position where there is any depth. WR could be considered that if Jeffrey stays in Chicago and off the PEDs. And if White can stay healthy and is 3/4 of what they thought he was. And if M. Wilson stays healthy. And if Meredith continues to improve. And if Royal, well, never mind....But that is a whole bunch of "ifs" at WR.

Yeah...but running back depth goes thin on you really quickly too. MLB depth is nice. Langford is a #2 or 3 and Carey is a #3 at best. WR depth is ok if we sign Jeffery long term. I agree with your point, but caution against passing on Fournette, Cook, Chubbs. Some of the backs in this draft might be special players that can carry your team and make everybody better and all the depth remain on the bench. Protect the D, protect the O-line, QB and limit snaps on everyone by running the ball with a two headed monster.

We found Howard at value, and if McCaffery is there in the third he would be the good compliment back to Howard. Whoever we add should be able to catch the ball. I think Cook has been pretty good at screens and some catching from what I recall. Chubbs just won't go down and Fournette is a bull.

I guess its Cook or McCaffery or the guys I haven't seen yet for me, somebody who improves the versatility of RB and upgrades the depth.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I highly doubt he falls very far at all. Kid is a weapon. The RB I see falling is Chubb who has not been impressive this year aside from a few games.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
He can't catch a cold so no he's not doing the same in the passing game.

lol, do you even watch the games? He may not catch every ball his way, but he can catch, and run after the catch. And as far as a "RUNNING" back...he's light years ahead of the runner that Forte was/is!

Jordan Howard is an absolute stud at running back!

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If he is there in the second, take him. You can never have too many special talents. This guy could give the Bears a Dave Megget, Darren Sproles type weapon.

I love the guy's talent but I am a build the line guy and they should take care of that this year. The guy would be fun to watch, though.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
I love the guy's talent but I am a build the line guy and they should take care of that this year. The guy would be fun to watch, though.

If you tell me there is a guy on either line that is as special a talent as CM, I go line all day, but I doubt that happens as there isn't nearly as much depth as there is at RB. That being said a dominant lineman is always more valuable IMO.

sphinxnole

Liked Posts:
I'm biased but I vote for Cook.. ��������

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm biased but I vote for Cook.. ��������

yeah, McCaphery has the speed you see go in first round. Cook or Chubbs more likely to slip with less tangibles and injury histories.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
It will be interesting to see how far Fournette falls due to the injury concerns. He's the best college RB I've seen since Peterson. If he can stay healthy, he's the best RB in the league from day 1.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It will be interesting to see how far Fournette falls due to the injury concerns. He's the best college RB I've seen since Peterson. If he can stay healthy, he's the best RB in the league from day 1.

He won't fall far at all. He's healthy, Top 10 all day.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Would you take Leonard Fournette, people saying he's a once in a life time back!?