Christian McCaffrey

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
I'm curious what everyone else thinks about McCaffery. He could start at four positions and be dynamic at all. He is our KR, PR, Slot reciever, and 3rd down back and combined with Howard would give us Forte level production (I'm saying both guys combined give us Forte level numbers) at RB. That's a great value from one player. I'd strongly consider using our second on him and if for some reason he slides to 3rd (not likely but with this RB class it's possible) it's the steal it the draft. He could easily win ROY with his production at those four positions.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm curious what everyone else thinks about McCaffery. He could start at four positions and be dynamic at all. He is our KR, PR, Slot reciever, and 3rd down back and combined with Howard would give us Forte level production (I'm saying both guys combined give us Forte level numbers) at RB. That's a great value from one player. I'd strongly consider using our second on him and if for some reason he slides to 3rd (not likely but with this RB class it's possible) it's the steal it the draft. He could easily win ROY with his production at those four positions.

Special teams player at best!! He could excel as a returner!!. But a 2nd round pick?? :facepalm:

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Special teams player at best!! He could excel as a returner!!. But a 2nd round pick?? :facepalm:

Don't kid yourself, just because he's white, which has everyone doubting his athletic ability, he can't excel at slot or 3rd down back. Just wait until the combine, he will test out of the park with quickness and explosive athleticism and has already shown he can produce against elite commotion.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't kid yourself, just because he's white, which has everyone doubting his athletic ability, he can't excel at slot or 3rd down back. Just wait until the combine, he will test out of the park with quickness and explosive athleticism and has already shown he can produce against elite commotion.

I love Beasley, and he's white!!

Been fucking Cutler up for 10 years now!!

Da Coach

Liked Posts:
Next Devin Hester only a better receiver. Early second is a perfect slot

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
He is a white guy so he is not allowed to win the Heissman triphy

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he is there in the second, take him. You can never have too many special talents. This guy could give the Bears a Dave Megget, Darren Sproles type weapon.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If he is there in the second, take him. You can never have too many special talents. This guy could give the Bears a Dave Megget, Darren Sproles type weapon.

The problem becomes do you take him over Chubbs or Cook and pass on other special running backs who excel at running back.

There will probably be a run on RB's in the second, I am content to grab one of the 7 that falls to third since we have Howard and other needs.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see how taking a rb in the first 4 rounds makes any sense at all. The RB position is fine. It isn't a glaring issues. It isn't like QB, CB, OL, S...... The Bears need depth and they have that at RB. You may not be in love with Langford & Carey but they perfectly acceptable back ups and Howard appears to be a bell cow RB. No, he isn't AP or Gurley but a team doesn't need to have that type of rb to be successful-see NE.

AussieBear

I don't see how taking a rb in the first 4 rounds makes any sense at all. The RB position is fine. It isn't a glaring issues. It isn't like QB, CB, OL, S...... The Bears need depth and they have that at RB. You may not be in love with Langford & Carey but they perfectly acceptable back ups and Howard appears to be a bell cow RB. No, he isn't AP or Gurley but a team doesn't need to have that type of rb to be successful-see NE.

its all about value...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Don't want to wear out Howard during the rebuild either.

The issue is that there are 7 can't miss running backs. If there were just 2, they would go in the first or second and discussion would be over, we have other needs.

The issue is can we afford to pass on a high potential RB with a first round grade in round 2 or 3? Or Fournette at pick 4.

We can't pick for need completely if the value isn't in the players at tackle. With good depth at CB we should have plenty of options.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

lmmfao, Howard is already doing that by himself, and wasn't the starter from day one!

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't even consider a RB until the 3rd round, and then would only consider one that should've absolutely been taken in the 1st and has slipped due to the amount of talent.

We have Howard and Langford and they are getting the job done. There is zero reason for us to be having this conversation about our 1st and 2nd round picks. I would pass on Fournett at 4, actually what I would try to do is slide down a slot or two and pick up an extra early second rounder (Or extra 1st next year) from someone that needs a RB desperately. (I wouldn't be willing to slide any further than the number of absolute blue chip players available. Knowing how Pace has done with his second round choices I would love for him to have two high second round picks)

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Our 2nd is too early for him. He's a (maybe) 6' tall, under 200lb, high 4.45-4.5 guy. Kids got chops but he's not blocking NFL linemen as a 3rd down back. He could turn into a vg slot receiver/returner in the NFL and do some backfield stuff but not a consistent 3rd down back if he's picking up blitzes. Maybe in college but this is different. I'm thinking 3rd round as earliest. I like him but not with the 35th pick. If it's about value, I got some swamp land in FL....

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Howard gives you Howard level production.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
call me racist, but I won't draft a white RB early.....