Maybe Norv as the new OC would be enough to get the Bears offense on track

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Loggy might improve yet himself. Really besides quitting on the run game to early I think he has done a fair job and is not afraid. I hated Gase and his 2 yard passes. Were going downfield now. I like it.

Gase was managing Cutler.

He has Tannehill going deep all the time to Kenny Stills.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Norv
Kizer
Better OTs
A Fast WR

That could be very nice.

The Bears Niners game is setting up to be the Kizer Bowl which team loses most likely gets him in the draft. If the Niners dont fire Chip Kelly I cant see the Niners passing on Kizer who fits the profile Kelly loves for his offense. If the Bears pick Kizer there is a pretty big risk but probably less risk and definitely less resources used than trading for Cutler. Jay was known to be an immature temperamental type before the trade but with great physical skills.

Then again maybe Barkley outplays Colin and then the plot really starts to thicken around the Bears off season.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
As successful as this offense has been under Hoyer and how Barkley looked last week moving the ball I don't see Loggains getting the axe. If Barkley comes out and plays well again with these receivers then there may be reason to believe that a second year of Loggains could set the tone for long term success. Crazy as that sounds..

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
As successful as this offense has been under Hoyer and how Barkley looked last week moving the ball I don't see Loggains getting the axe. If Barkley comes out and plays well again with these receivers then there may be reason to believe that a second year of Loggains could set the tone for long term success. Crazy as that sounds..

Most likely Fox in his typical wrong way Peach Fuzz style wants to keep Loggains. Pace however may very well want a more proven OC like Norv. In typical Bear owner fashion the bolder move of hiring Norv will be forsaken cause as usual their instincts stink.

Loggains is an unproven commodity who coaches like a guy who is finding his way. Norv has already paid those dues. The Bear players and fans deserve the best possible guy not the lets hold on it still might work out option.

Matt Suhey

Liked Posts:
Gase was managing Cutler.

He has Tannehill going deep all the time to Kenny Stills.

Gase had poorer quality wideouts to work with last year because of injuries than the dolphins have for him this season. Thats probably another reason GAse dialed down the amount of deep passes. Plus the oline wasnt so great either as I recall.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I agree with this. The offense was very efficient with Hoyer under Center, Hoyer got a bit gun shy in the red zone but outside of that they looked good. Barkley can save Loggains job. If Barkley plays well I bet they throw out all of Cutler's results this year when evaluating Dowell.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Loved the turner offense in Dallas and San Diego.... But fuck him.

The guy walked out on a team that lost the starting qb and one of the most dangerous backs in the league.
Instead of trying to keep things respectable, he ran off.

To do that to a team in that situation is shitty.
It is exponentially more terrible since he also left his son in the process, effectively making him a radioactive pile of trash among the coaching staff.

I have seen some douchey moves before, but turner is nearing the top of the charts.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Loved the turner offense in Dallas and San Diego.... But fuck him.

The guy walked out on a team that lost the starting qb and one of the most dangerous backs in the league.
Instead of trying to keep things respectable, he ran off.

To do that to a team in that situation is shitty.
It is exponentially more terrible since he also left his son in the process, effectively making him a radioactive pile of trash among the coaching staff.

I have seen some douchey moves before, but turner is nearing the top of the charts.

Good points airtime. It's f-cking strange why norv just booked on da Vikes. f-cking strange

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I don't think Loggains will be back even if he looks okay in the last 5 weeks. They are by a wide margin the worst offense in the league and after a 2-14 season or 3-13 season there will be blood.

It might not be fair, but my guess is Loggains and Cutler get under the bussed

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
do you do your predictions and mock drafts during class? asking out of respect for your commitment

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Good points airtime. It's f-cking strange why norv just booked on da Vikes. f-cking strange

Very odd indeed.
Having him here would always lead me to suspect that he would jump ship and retire if the season got extra difficult... like the bears this season.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Very odd indeed.
Having him here would always lead me to suspect that he would jump ship and retire if the season got extra difficult... like the bears this season.

Right. We need leadership and accountability here. And we need a OC who can put a "O" 2gether that scores points.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Gase had poorer quality wideouts to work with last year because of injuries than the dolphins have for him this season. Thats probably another reason GAse dialed down the amount of deep passes. Plus the oline wasnt so great either as I recall.

I think that Cutlers movement in and out of the pocket was the best ever for Cutler and that probably was because of Gase.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
You really think Norv's wife would let him take a job in Chicago?

"(My wife) Nancy and I say, 'Let's get to January and see where we are. That's been the case the last two to three years. But this has been a challenge for my wife. Cleveland, then Minnesota ... and we have a house five minutes from the ocean (in California) ... At 64 years old, if you continue, it would need to be a right place and with the right people." - Norv at his "I'm outta here" press conference

Not to mention that the dissolution of any semblance of deep passing game for them is at least partially predicated on the fact that their line is shit. What is it, 11 different starters this season and 3rd stringers at each tackle spot tonight? Sounds like a recipe for an epic deep passing attack, right? It's impossible to know if constantly passing short is a philosophy, or an absolute necessity, for them.

Norv is past his prime, IMO.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think Loggains will be back even if he looks okay in the last 5 weeks. They are by a wide margin the worst offense in the league and after a 2-14 season or 3-13 season there will be blood.

It might not be fair, but my guess is Loggains and Cutler get under the bussed

I'm completely with Windy on the Fox thing. It might depend on inside knowledge of the Fox hiring in the first place. Pace has drafted well, and he might need to be promised a year or two after Fox to accept Fox another year. Thats probably the way it goes, with McCaskey protecting the family interest in wasted dollars for cutting Fox, convincing Pace with his own security he can have a free year to wait and see if Fox can turn it around.