Toews' injury

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Within the last week or two, there were two reports regarding his injury, which the Hawks only labeled "upper-body" because of course they did.

First, Trib reporter Chris Hine reported that it was NOT a concussion. Then, another Trib reporter in Chris Kuc said it was a back injury.

I'm inclined to believe both of them.

But the reason I brought this up is this: We've all seen Toews struggle for much of last season and even moreso this season. Toews has certainly taken a physical beating over the years, as I never thought of him as the type to avoid contact or a board battle. But are any of you worried about a potential back injury having some serious ramifications for Toews' career? Those things can be devastating to a hockey player.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I told you what his injury was... too many lines with Hossa before OTs..... Not a head injury, a nose injury haha.

But seriously... don't you dare invoke the Daze gods around here... I will smite you.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I told you what his injury was... too many lines with Hossa before OTs..... Not a head injury, a nose injury haha.

But seriously... don't you dare invoke the Daze gods around here... I will smite you.

I thought we appeased them by sacrificing Bolland to them

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I thought we appeased them by sacrificing Bolland to them

There is a reason folks who do sacrifices usually don't them annually... how long would you be appeased with a rat as a sacrifice?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I see Toews said if it was the playoffs he'd still be playing.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Within the last week or two, there were two reports regarding his injury, which the Hawks only labeled "upper-body" because of course they did.

First, Trib reporter Chris Hine reported that it was NOT a concussion. Then, another Trib reporter in Chris Kuc said it was a back injury.

I'm inclined to believe both of them.

But the reason I brought this up is this: We've all seen Toews struggle for much of last season and even moreso this season. Toews has certainly taken a physical bea[video]https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/status/804776679428210688[/video]ting over the years, as I never thought of him as the type to avoid contact or a board battle. But are any of you worried about a potential back injury having some serious ramifications for Toews' career? Those things can be devastating to a hockey player.

Now look what you did.
https://www.nhl.com/blackhawks/news/blackhawks-activate-van-riemsdyk-place-toews-on-injured-reserve/c-284320610

Why is it so hard to post a fucking tweet around here....

[url]https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/status/804776679428210688

[/URL]

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ohhh can we trade our 1st round pick for Vermette again den?

We can make the playoffs without Toews.... he can heal up and return for 1st round.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Ohhh can we trade our 1st round pick for Vermette again den?

We can make the playoffs without Toews.... he can heal up and return for 1st round.

YES... yes. Yes?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing to see here. Toews just cooperating during a struggle season, shutting him down for 2-4 weeks saves a shit ton of money. Which gives us more opportunity to trade for his 1LW.

Its the best thing for the team to have a fully recovered and healthy Toews NOT dealing with lingering back issues. I have thought the Hawks were just lucky in the past with the IR finances, but this is a time when I am like questioning if this would be happening without that rule. But 1,000,000 would go along way to meeting some of these teams that might shoulder some of the load to unload a player, like Saad. Fuck...for a playoff run with Saad we should have ghost injuries to Seabrook, Kane, and Hossa too.

Kieth can hold down everything with Crow on their steals.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
He's not gonna be out much longer just IR can be retroactively done and they need him there because they'd have 24 players with TVR off ir.

What to do when Toews comes off IR is the quizabuck.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's not gonna be out much longer just IR can be retroactively done and they need him there because they'd have 24 players with TVR off ir.

What to do when Toews comes off IR is the quizabuck.

I say rest him in the weight room until somebody else is ready for IR. Let this team and some fans here continue to see how hard hockey is without Tazer. We have a nice 4 game point streak, but it hasn't been easy or pretty. Its been damn ugly at times but you like to see the energy of Panik fill in the void for the absent Toews/Hossa.

The young guys I can't say enough about. Sure they are bastioned by some freaks and a great D, but them winning games at all without Captain Serious is nice.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I thought talking ish about captain donuts was a bannable offense around these parts?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought talking ish about captain donuts was a bannable offense around these parts?

Who is talking ish? He is my favorite player. He has been struggling for 15 months, playing at a 6,000,000 skilled goon level. He is still the most decorated player of this age. He still deserves everything ever said about him. Because Toews is a leader, and his 6,000,000 game doesn't include the effect he has on a lockerroom, in a game, and having a team that takes on his tenacious identity. Kane is all flash n bobbles, but Toews is the reason for me the "team" is stacking championships.

The sum is often more than the parts. Toews is a glue guy that makes that cliche ring true about this team.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I say rest him in the weight room until somebody else is ready for IR. Let this team and some fans here continue to see how hard hockey is without Tazer. We have a nice 4 game point streak, but it hasn't been easy or pretty. Its been damn ugly at times but you like to see the energy of Panik fill in the void for the absent Toews/Hossa.

The young guys I can't say enough about. Sure they are bastioned by some freaks and a great D, but them winning games at all without Captain Serious is nice.

Absent, and Hossa in the same sentence?!?!? You take that back!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Another notch on the injury list, Crawford is "sick" and missing today's game. Darling to start but the backup goalie spot is rough to fill, I don't think the Rockford guys can get in so easily.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Another notch on the injury list, Crawford is "sick" and missing today's game. Darling to start but the backup goalie spot is rough to fill, I don't think the Rockford guys can get in so easily.

What do you mean?

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Toews will be making the team flight for the upcoming road trip, which suggests he could be back on the ice real soon.