Cubs free agent signings and trades

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Also, this was true when Baez hit that home run against San Fran. The Trajectory said it should of went 375 plus and it barely landed in the basket at 360 or so.

If the basket was not in the way, and there were no bleachers, the ball would land 15 feet farther away since it did not come straight down into the basket. There are two ways of looking at the number. If Glen Allen Hills ball did not hit the rooftop seats, it would have kept going at least another 80 feet.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Not a huge fan of this signing. Was a fan of his at one point but he's given up a shit ton of HR's over the past few seasons. And I would expect that # to go up playing at Wrigley.
Keep in mind, he not going to be counted on to get a ton of outs..
Guys were gonna see a lot to get the big outs are most likely
Edwards Strop Rondon Davis

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Keep in mind, he not going to be counted on to get a ton of outs..
Guys were gonna see a lot to get the big outs are most likely
Edwards Strop Rondon Davis

Honestly I'm thinking the starters will pitch 6 innings on avg. if they fail to get though the 5th Grimm is the first man up. If it is a mop up then Duesing or Smith called on.

In the 7th depending on the situation Strop for low pressure Edwards for high leverage.

8th should be Uehara and Rondon. Think Rondon would normally start the inning and if he gets in a Jam then Uehara would be warming up.

Wade would deal with the 9th in general. If he needs a day off then you would expect a rotation between Uehara and Rondon.

Now it sounds like Rob Z will be starting in Iowa. It is almost tempting to start Edwards there also and bring up Johnson or Black. Black it looking like he is gaining ahold of his stuff and it is nasty also.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It only makes sense to keep Rob Z stretched out for spot start duty. I like that better than keeping a "long" man on the roster.

I am kind of surprised most articles I read say they lost Travis wood to free agency. He is still out there, I have heard of very little interest.

I guess I just did not expect the entire pen to be reworked by the off season. I can understand Davis, but when you have Edwards and Black showing major progress, shouldn't they get the chance to prove their value early in the season and rework the pen again like last year if needed?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs off season
ZZZZZZZZZ
Not always a bad thing though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Wrong thread
?

CSF77