Close
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by Axl Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    fantastic Jordan-esque game from him. however it seems allot of players are having ridiculous games this year...is the talent level that bad? is it some kinda enigma? Westbrook is averaging a triple double for christ sake.
    I don't think it's a matter of lack of talent since Westbrook could get a triple double no matter who he plays against. I think it's a matter of usage. Westbrook and Harden have literally every single play run through them so they're bound to get loads of assists so long as their teammates knock down shots. They were already monster scorers before, they just increased their usage rates to nba 2k my player levels, or at least Westbrook did. I guess Harden is just passing more often.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

2. A message from our sponsors.

Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Apparently Jimmy's performance was the 8th 50pt game of the season already, tying the NBA record. Perhaps there is something weird going on this year lol
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    Well, we moved him to the 3, when we picked up Wade, but I remember saying a while back, that he had the physical and mental tools to become the most dominant 2 since Kobe. I remember getting ridicule on this board for saying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with this. I think he is a much better fit at the 2 guard spot because he is simply a mismatch for almost every single 2 guard in the NBA in terms of size, length and athleticism. With a genuine small forward next to him to account for, I think Jimmy would be more dominant offensively as he could simply shoot over and muscle way his over and through most smaller 2 guards.
    The very first Trubeliever

Hidden Content

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PolarBear For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    Apparently Jimmy's performance was the 8th 50pt game of the season already, tying the NBA record. Perhaps there is something weird going on this year lol
    It seems like every year it's easier and easier to get to the line.

Jimmys PER in the 4th quarter/OT this season is 35.8. Bulls record for that statistic is 32.9 by 96-97 MJ

Quote Originally Posted by ursamajor View Post
    Well, we moved him to the 3, when we picked up Wade, but I remember saying a while back, that he had the physical and mental tools to become the most dominant 2 since Kobe. I remember getting ridicule on this board for saying that.

He certainly is playing his best basketball ever. Its fun to watch.
    AFTER WE IMPEACH TRUMP, WE WILL THEN IMPEACH PUTIN-- Maxine Mom's Mabley WatersHidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by RoseMVP1 View Post
    Jimmys PER in the 4th quarter/OT this season is 35.8. Bulls record for that statistic is 32.9 by 96-97 MJ
    That's nuts, but given how he's taken over the 4th in the last several games, I guess it's only right.
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

That's nuts, but given how he's taken over the 4th in the last several games, I guess it's only right.
    Jimmy Buckets is better than MJ
    Hidden Content

"Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

The plan!

Hidden Content

Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

More lists please.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Rush
    Anyway, I normally wouldn't allow a straight up thread just calling somebody a bitch, if it happens organically in a thread in a argument, we won't intervene. However, if it got Ole69 to post here.....I fully encourage this back & forth. Ole69 FTW.

Yes

LeBron
    Curry
    Durant
    Westbrook
    Harden
    Davis
    Cousins
    Leonard
    Butler
    Gasol

At least this year. George, Thompson, Derozan, Paul, Griffin, Irving are the only guy's in that area code and this year I'd argue Butler over them.

Who are the brain police? Enasic's Avatar

He's definitely better than PG. I know PER isn't the be all end all stat, but George doesn't even have a PER of 20 this season. In fact, 20 is his career high in PER. Jimmy scores more points and is more efficient. He averages about 1 more assist per game and has slightly better rebounding numbers. Their defense is essentially a wash. George is the "smoother" player but that's about it. Jimmy's WS/48 .247 compared to PG's .121. That's a HUUUUGE difference. PG's one of the more overrated players in the league, tbh.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Enasic For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Enasic View Post
    He's definitely better than PG. I know PER isn't the be all end all stat, but George doesn't even have a PER of 20 this season. In fact, 20 is his career high in PER. Jimmy scores more points and is more efficient. He averages about 1 more assist per game and has slightly better rebounding numbers. Their defense is essentially a wash. George is the "smoother" player but that's about it. Jimmy's WS/48 .247 compared to PG's .121. That's a HUUUUGE difference. PG's one of the more overrated players in the league, tbh.
    Not gonna say all that about him being overrated, but he takes too many bad shots. Jimmy scores a lot easier and without looking up the stats I'd imagine there's a good sized difference in free throw attempts and usage %(Jimmy's being lower).

More lists please.
    Anyway, I normally wouldn't allow a straight up thread just calling somebody a bitch, if it happens organically in a thread in a argument, we won't intervene. However, if it got Ole69 to post here.....I fully encourage this back & forth. Ole69 FTW.

Quote Originally Posted by Burrberry View Post
    Not gonna say all that about him being overrated, but he takes too many bad shots. Jimmy scores a lot easier and without looking up the stats I'd imagine there's a good sized difference in free throw attempts and usage %(Jimmy's being lower).
    PG's one hell of a talent...but basketball is a lot more than just talent. It's how you use it....how you play and approach the game..your IQ, shot selection, intangibles, impact, etc....and that translates to production on the court. PG may very well be more talented than Jimmy (even that's extremely debatable) but it's pretty clear that Jimmy is the better basketball player.

PG's one hell of a talent...but basketball is a lot more than just talent. It's how you use it....how you play and approach the game..your IQ, shot selection, intangibles, impact, etc....and that translates to production on the court. PG may very well be more talented than Jimmy (even that's extremely debatable) but it's pretty clear that Jimmy is the better basketball player.
    LOL. Yea, Jimmy Butler is clearly the better player.

http://www.landofbasketball.com/play...aul_george.htm

I wonder who Lebron would like guarding him the playoffs. Paul George or Jimmy Butler.
    Hidden Content

"Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

The plan!

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post

I wonder who Lebron would like guarding him the playoffs. Paul George or Jimmy Butler.
    Given his record, I think Lebron doesn't care which one guards him
    Bulls season be like
    Hidden Content

20. The Following User Says Thank You to clonetrooper264 For This Useful Post:

Given his record, I think Lebron doesn't care which one guards him
    Its good to be the King.
    Hidden Content

The plan!

Hidden Content

When you consider that Paul George has a higher ft%, 2pt%, and 3pt% than Jimmy Butler, it speaks volumes about who is the better natural scorer. What helps Jimmy's scoring efficiency is the fact that he gets to the line about twice as often, which does indeed speak to knowing his strengths as a player. You're right. I'd say Jimmy is a better facilitator as well. However, in my opinion, I prefer George as a defender. Sorry but Butler just is not a top 10 player. James, Durant, Leonard, Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Harden, Wall, and Davis are inarguaby much better while others like Cousins, Griffin, Aldridge, and Irving seem to all be somewhat better than Butler as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RamiTheBullsFan View Post
    When you consider that Paul George has a higher ft%, 2pt%, and 3pt% than Jimmy Butler, it speaks volumes about who is the better natural scorer. What helps Jimmy's scoring efficiency is the fact that he gets to the line about twice as often, which does indeed speak to knowing his strengths as a player. You're right. I'd say Jimmy is a better facilitator as well. However, in my opinion, I prefer George as a defender. Sorry but Butler just is not a top 10 player. James, Durant, Leonard, Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Harden, Wall, and Davis are inarguaby much better while others like Cousins, Griffin, Aldridge, and Irving seem to all be somewhat better than Butler as well.
    More lists please.

Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post

Why would you compare their career stats when I'm talking about this year? Jimmy was a role player who barely played his first couple of seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by RamiTheBullsFan View Post
    If Jimmy isn't a top 10 player, that's fine. I'd still take him over PG though. Without much hesitation.

Why would you compare their career stats when I'm talking about this year? Jimmy was a role player who barely played his first couple of seasons.
    I know. Comparing through 38 games and Paul George lost his basketball iq and intangibles was the better bench mark

Hidden Content

The plan!

Hidden Content

27. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.

Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast