Is Jimmy Butler a top-10 player?

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
PG's one hell of a talent...but basketball is a lot more than just talent. It's how you use it....how you play and approach the game..your IQ, shot selection, intangibles, impact, etc....and that translates to production on the court. PG may very well be more talented than Jimmy (even that's extremely debatable) but it's pretty clear that Jimmy is the better basketball player.

When you consider that Paul George has a higher ft%, 2pt%, and 3pt% than Jimmy Butler, it speaks volumes about who is the better natural scorer. What helps Jimmy's scoring efficiency is the fact that he gets to the line about twice as often, which does indeed speak to knowing his strengths as a player. You're right. I'd say Jimmy is a better facilitator as well. However, in my opinion, I prefer George as a defender. Sorry but Butler just is not a top 10 player. James, Durant, Leonard, Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Harden, Wall, and Davis are inarguaby much better while others like Cousins, Griffin, Aldridge, and Irving seem to all be somewhat better than Butler as well.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
When you consider that Paul George has a higher ft%, 2pt%, and 3pt% than Jimmy Butler, it speaks volumes about who is the better natural scorer. What helps Jimmy's scoring efficiency is the fact that he gets to the line about twice as often, which does indeed speak to knowing his strengths as a player. You're right. I'd say Jimmy is a better facilitator as well. However, in my opinion, I prefer George as a defender. Sorry but Butler just is not a top 10 player. James, Durant, Leonard, Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Harden, Wall, and Davis are inarguaby much better while others like Cousins, Griffin, Aldridge, and Irving seem to all be somewhat better than Butler as well.

More lists please.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Enasic

Liked Posts:

If Jimmy isn't a top 10 player, that's fine. I'd still take him over PG though. Without much hesitation.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would you compare their career stats when I'm talking about this year? Jimmy was a role player who barely played his first couple of seasons.

I know. Comparing through 38 games and Paul George lost his basketball iq and intangibles was the better bench mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enasic

Liked Posts:
I know. Comparing through 38 games and Paul George lost his basketball iq and intangibles was the better bench mark

Nice try but you presented really zero arguments about who the better player is currently.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nice try but you presented really zero arguments about who the better player is currently.

Give me a week. If George has a better five games, my argument will be stacked

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why is no one talking about the Greek freak. Guy is the Bucks and they are actually a playoff team right now

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Greek freak deserves a ton more recognition. Very true.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Give me a week. If George has a better five games, my argument will be stacked

Yeah...no. This is straw man at best. Also, Jimmy had a great year last year as well. This isn't some aberration. It wouldn't surprise me if he was even better next year either.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...no. This is straw man at best. Also, Jimmy had a great year last year as well. This isn't some aberration. It wouldn't surprise me if he was even better next year either.

Paul George didnt have a great year coming off a nasty injury? There is no strawman. You are taking a 40 game sample. I dont even think one is really better than the other. But, your rhetoric on basketball IQ and intangibles is laughable. PG was a 1st team all defense and still is a lock down defender. You dont get that by just not having intangibles. You are trying to make this argument that butler is clearly the better player and its simply not true.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Paul George didnt have a great year coming off a nasty injury? There is no strawman. You are taking a 40 game sample. I dont even think one is really better than the other. But, your rhetoric on basketball IQ and intangibles is laughable. PG was a 1st team all defense and still is a lock down defender. You dont get that by just not having intangibles. You are trying to make this argument that butler is clearly the better player and its simply not true.

I never said PG's basketball IQ or intangibles are bad....but Jimmy is just more efficient, takes better shots, is a better facilitator. I just said there's a lot more that goes into it than talent. Which is true. I honestly can't think of one great, top 10ish player whose career high in PER is 20. And I would have picked Butler over PG last season...so no, I'm not basing this off a 40 game sample.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still have that wet dream of Jimmy at SG & Paul George at SF in the Bulls lineup.

At least I can see this in 2k....

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Blake Griffin is the most overrated player in basketball.

In no way should he in the conversation with Jimmy.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why is no one talking about the Greek freak. Guy is the Bucks and they are actually a playoff team right now

It's just a 40 game sample :troll: