Is Jimmy Butler a top-10 player?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
fantastic Jordan-esque game from him. however it seems allot of players are having ridiculous games this year...is the talent level that bad? is it some kinda enigma? Westbrook is averaging a triple double for christ sake.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
fantastic Jordan-esque game from him. however it seems allot of players are having ridiculous games this year...is the talent level that bad? is it some kinda enigma? Westbrook is averaging a triple double for christ sake.

NBA doesnt play defense until the playoffs

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, we moved him to the 3, when we picked up Wade, but I remember saying a while back, that he had the physical and mental tools to become the most dominant 2 since Kobe. I remember getting ridicule on this board for saying that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:

Really weird year, guys are putting up crazy numbers. I mean Harden had something like 53-17-16 the other night, wtf is going on. If Anthony Davis had a 50-30 game I don't think anyone would be surprised. Westbrook is averaging a triple double, WTF?! Something weird going on haha.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think it's a matter of lack of talent since Westbrook could get a triple double no matter who he plays against. I think it's a matter of usage. Westbrook and Harden have literally every single play run through them so they're bound to get loads of assists so long as their teammates knock down shots. They were already monster scorers before, they just increased their usage rates to nba 2k my player levels, or at least Westbrook did. I guess Harden is just passing more often.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently Jimmy's performance was the 8th 50pt game of the season already, tying the NBA record. Perhaps there is something weird going on this year lol

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Well, we moved him to the 3, when we picked up Wade, but I remember saying a while back, that he had the physical and mental tools to become the most dominant 2 since Kobe. I remember getting ridicule on this board for saying that.

I agree with this. I think he is a much better fit at the 2 guard spot because he is simply a mismatch for almost every single 2 guard in the NBA in terms of size, length and athleticism. With a genuine small forward next to him to account for, I think Jimmy would be more dominant offensively as he could simply shoot over and muscle way his over and through most smaller 2 guards.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Apparently Jimmy's performance was the 8th 50pt game of the season already, tying the NBA record. Perhaps there is something weird going on this year lol

It seems like every year it's easier and easier to get to the line.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Jimmys PER in the 4th quarter/OT this season is 35.8. Bulls record for that statistic is 32.9 by 96-97 MJ

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

He certainly is playing his best basketball ever. Its fun to watch.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jimmys PER in the 4th quarter/OT this season is 35.8. Bulls record for that statistic is 32.9 by 96-97 MJ
That's nuts, but given how he's taken over the 4th in the last several games, I guess it's only right.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Yes

LeBron
Curry
Durant
Westbrook
Harden
Davis
Cousins
Leonard
Butler
Gasol

At least this year. George, Thompson, Derozan, Paul, Griffin, Irving are the only guy's in that area code and this year I'd argue Butler over them.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
He's definitely better than PG. I know PER isn't the be all end all stat, but George doesn't even have a PER of 20 this season. In fact, 20 is his career high in PER. Jimmy scores more points and is more efficient. He averages about 1 more assist per game and has slightly better rebounding numbers. Their defense is essentially a wash. George is the "smoother" player but that's about it. Jimmy's WS/48 .247 compared to PG's .121. That's a HUUUUGE difference. PG's one of the more overrated players in the league, tbh.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
He's definitely better than PG. I know PER isn't the be all end all stat, but George doesn't even have a PER of 20 this season. In fact, 20 is his career high in PER. Jimmy scores more points and is more efficient. He averages about 1 more assist per game and has slightly better rebounding numbers. Their defense is essentially a wash. George is the "smoother" player but that's about it. Jimmy's WS/48 .247 compared to PG's .121. That's a HUUUUGE difference. PG's one of the more overrated players in the league, tbh.

Not gonna say all that about him being overrated, but he takes too many bad shots. Jimmy scores a lot easier and without looking up the stats I'd imagine there's a good sized difference in free throw attempts and usage %(Jimmy's being lower).

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Not gonna say all that about him being overrated, but he takes too many bad shots. Jimmy scores a lot easier and without looking up the stats I'd imagine there's a good sized difference in free throw attempts and usage %(Jimmy's being lower).

PG's one hell of a talent...but basketball is a lot more than just talent. It's how you use it....how you play and approach the game..your IQ, shot selection, intangibles, impact, etc....and that translates to production on the court. PG may very well be more talented than Jimmy (even that's extremely debatable) but it's pretty clear that Jimmy is the better basketball player.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
PG's one hell of a talent...but basketball is a lot more than just talent. It's how you use it....how you play and approach the game..your IQ, shot selection, intangibles, impact, etc....and that translates to production on the court. PG may very well be more talented than Jimmy (even that's extremely debatable) but it's pretty clear that Jimmy is the better basketball player.

LOL. Yea, Jimmy Butler is clearly the better player.

http://www.landofbasketball.com/player_comparison/jimmy_butler_vs_paul_george.htm

I wonder who Lebron would like guarding him the playoffs. Paul George or Jimmy Butler.