Close
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93
  1. #61
    Senior Member SilenceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Given his record, I think Lebron doesn't care which one guards him
    Its good to be the King.
    Hidden Content

    "Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

    The plan!

    Hidden Content

  2. A message from our sponsors.


    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.


  3. #62
    CCS Donator RamiTheBullsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,342
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enasic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PG's one hell of a talent...but basketball is a lot more than just talent. It's how you use it....how you play and approach the game..your IQ, shot selection, intangibles, impact, etc....and that translates to production on the court. PG may very well be more talented than Jimmy (even that's extremely debatable) but it's pretty clear that Jimmy is the better basketball player.
    When you consider that Paul George has a higher ft%, 2pt%, and 3pt% than Jimmy Butler, it speaks volumes about who is the better natural scorer. What helps Jimmy's scoring efficiency is the fact that he gets to the line about twice as often, which does indeed speak to knowing his strengths as a player. You're right. I'd say Jimmy is a better facilitator as well. However, in my opinion, I prefer George as a defender. Sorry but Butler just is not a top 10 player. James, Durant, Leonard, Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Harden, Wall, and Davis are inarguaby much better while others like Cousins, Griffin, Aldridge, and Irving seem to all be somewhat better than Butler as well.

  4. #63
    Desperado34 = pussy Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    16,535
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamiTheBullsFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you consider that Paul George has a higher ft%, 2pt%, and 3pt% than Jimmy Butler, it speaks volumes about who is the better natural scorer. What helps Jimmy's scoring efficiency is the fact that he gets to the line about twice as often, which does indeed speak to knowing his strengths as a player. You're right. I'd say Jimmy is a better facilitator as well. However, in my opinion, I prefer George as a defender. Sorry but Butler just is not a top 10 player. James, Durant, Leonard, Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Harden, Wall, and Davis are inarguaby much better while others like Cousins, Griffin, Aldridge, and Irving seem to all be somewhat better than Butler as well.
    More lists please.
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content
    Make the Bears Offense Great Again.

  5. #64
    Who are the brain police? Enasic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    LOL. Yea, Jimmy Butler is clearly the better player.

    http://www.landofbasketball.com/play...aul_george.htm

    I wonder who Lebron would like guarding him the playoffs. Paul George or Jimmy Butler.
    Why would you compare their career stats when I'm talking about this year? Jimmy was a role player who barely played his first couple of seasons.

  6. #65
    Who are the brain police? Enasic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamiTheBullsFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    When you consider that Paul George has a higher ft%, 2pt%, and 3pt% than Jimmy Butler, it speaks volumes about who is the better natural scorer. What helps Jimmy's scoring efficiency is the fact that he gets to the line about twice as often, which does indeed speak to knowing his strengths as a player. You're right. I'd say Jimmy is a better facilitator as well. However, in my opinion, I prefer George as a defender. Sorry but Butler just is not a top 10 player. James, Durant, Leonard, Curry, Westbrook, Paul, Harden, Wall, and Davis are inarguaby much better while others like Cousins, Griffin, Aldridge, and Irving seem to all be somewhat better than Butler as well.
    If Jimmy isn't a top 10 player, that's fine. I'd still take him over PG though. Without much hesitation.

  7. #66
    Senior Member SilenceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enasic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why would you compare their career stats when I'm talking about this year? Jimmy was a role player who barely played his first couple of seasons.
    I know. Comparing through 38 games and Paul George lost his basketball iq and intangibles was the better bench mark


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

    The plan!

    Hidden Content

  8. #67
    Who are the brain police? Enasic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I know. Comparing through 38 games and Paul George lost his basketball iq and intangibles was the better bench mark


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice try but you presented really zero arguments about who the better player is currently.

  9. #68
    Senior Member SilenceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,539

    Default Is Jimmy Butler a top-10 player?

    Quote Originally Posted by Enasic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Nice try but you presented really zero arguments about who the better player is currently.
    Give me a week. If George has a better five games, my argument will be stacked


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

    The plan!

    Hidden Content

  10. #69
    Senior Member SilenceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,539

    Default

    Why is no one talking about the Greek freak. Guy is the Bucks and they are actually a playoff team right now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content

    "Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

    The plan!

    Hidden Content

  11. #70
    Who are the brain police? Enasic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,158

    Default

    Greek freak deserves a ton more recognition. Very true.

  12. #71
    Who are the brain police? Enasic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Give me a week. If George has a better five games, my argument will be stacked


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah...no. This is straw man at best. Also, Jimmy had a great year last year as well. This isn't some aberration. It wouldn't surprise me if he was even better next year either.

  13. #72
    Senior Member SilenceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Enasic View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yeah...no. This is straw man at best. Also, Jimmy had a great year last year as well. This isn't some aberration. It wouldn't surprise me if he was even better next year either.
    Paul George didnt have a great year coming off a nasty injury? There is no strawman. You are taking a 40 game sample. I dont even think one is really better than the other. But, your rhetoric on basketball IQ and intangibles is laughable. PG was a 1st team all defense and still is a lock down defender. You dont get that by just not having intangibles. You are trying to make this argument that butler is clearly the better player and its simply not true.
    Hidden Content

    "Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

    The plan!

    Hidden Content

  14. #73
    Who are the brain police? Enasic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    3,158

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Paul George didnt have a great year coming off a nasty injury? There is no strawman. You are taking a 40 game sample. I dont even think one is really better than the other. But, your rhetoric on basketball IQ and intangibles is laughable. PG was a 1st team all defense and still is a lock down defender. You dont get that by just not having intangibles. You are trying to make this argument that butler is clearly the better player and its simply not true.
    I never said PG's basketball IQ or intangibles are bad....but Jimmy is just more efficient, takes better shots, is a better facilitator. I just said there's a lot more that goes into it than talent. Which is true. I honestly can't think of one great, top 10ish player whose career high in PER is 20. And I would have picked Butler over PG last season...so no, I'm not basing this off a 40 game sample.

  15. #74
    CCS Donator RamiTheBullsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,342
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gustavus Adolphus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    More lists please.
    Biggest a-holes on CCS:
    1. Gustavus
    2-10,000. Everybody else

  16. #75
    aka Bullseye RC_Skinny22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    3,256
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    I still have that wet dream of Jimmy at SG & Paul George at SF in the Bulls lineup.

    At least I can see this in 2k....

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RC_Skinny22 For This Useful Post:


  18. #76
    Senior Member PolarBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,145
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Blake Griffin is the most overrated player in basketball.

    In no way should he in the conversation with Jimmy.

  19. #77
    CCS Donator RamiTheBullsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    9,342
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PolarBear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Blake Griffin is the most overrated player in basketball.

    In no way should he in the conversation with Jimmy.
    So being overrated in itself automatically makes him lesser than Butler

  20. #78
    Retired Bandwagon Mod clonetrooper264's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    21,384
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why is no one talking about the Greek freak. Guy is the Bucks and they are actually a playoff team right now


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's just a 40 game sample

  21. #79
    Senior Member SilenceS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    15,539

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clonetrooper264 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's just a 40 game sample
    Give me a week and I really have an argument.
    Hidden Content

    "Cubs have morphed into one of the worst teams in baseball. Not a chance in hell they would win a single playoff game. Forum members and ESPN reporters claiming this is one of the best teams in history are fucking morons." Egg Scrambles prediction

    The plan!

    Hidden Content

  22. #80
    Desperado34 = pussy Gustavus Adolphus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    16,535
    Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo Sports Logo

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RamiTheBullsFan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Biggest a-holes on CCS:
    1. Gustavus
    2-10,000. Everybody else
    Poor attempt at humor.

    Most lists please.
    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content
    Make the Bears Offense Great Again.

  23. A message from our sponsors.
    Please Register(it's free!) and Login to get rid of this advertisement.



    Do you want to advertise with ChiCitySports?
    Ranked #1 Chicagoland sports news and message board online.
    A great opportunity for advertising and exposure, with an active base of fresh consumers always looking for sports-related items and miscellaneous "guy stuff".
    Please go here if you are interested in a multitude of placements on this site.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •