Chris Sale Traded to Red Sox

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This team was going no where drain the swamp!!

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I just am disappointed that the White Sox are dismantling the team which I do not support in the least. Here they had a real chance to build a contending team next year with a potentially dominant starting pitching staff. They gave up the arguably the best pitcher in the AL. The only thing that I can say is I guess Reinny got embarrassed by Sales couple of "incidents" last year and we all know how fragile is the ego of Reinny. If I were Hahn, I'd get the first stage out of Dodge and find a real organization to work for. Fuck Reinny!

What makes you think we could've built a contending team next year? We've been trying to buy a contending team instead of building one for years now. Hasn't come close to working.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Hans the only one giddy because he bought himself three years by going the long term rebuild plan.

This will be a bottom dweller for 5-7 years.

The psychic is out. Take that for what you will. I gotta go breathe deep for about a decade and swallow this puke fest of a franchise. waiting...hoping the franchise survives the bottom without moving, to Nebraska or something or Vegas.

Call them the Black Sox and go mafia again. Mother fucker. I'm so pissed at this. They just needed to spend around this core of pitchers, and fill in some blanks.

Abreu is too good to let go. We had the contract envy of the league, it doesn't get better than that. We could have done this in 3 years and still got good prospect value. This is giving up with a promising young core.

I'm speechless. Mother FUCK!!!

Yeah, we could've done this deal in three years and would've gotten nowhere near the value we got now. The reason we got as much as we did was because he'd be under team control for three years.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What makes you think we could've built a contending team next year? We've been trying to buy a contending team instead of building one for years now. Hasn't come close to working.

Yeah but they haven't because of Reinny. Forget Williams. Forget Hahn. It is Reinny and his abject failure to spend the necessary money to win a championship. I think Hahn has done fine as a GM given his skin-flint boss.

Reinny is the same piece of shit kind of owner that the McCaskeys are. Fuck him. He is once again kicking the rock down the road. It won't work. They had a real chance to finish the best starting pitching staff in all of baseball and they pissed it away. Who does he think is going to come out to the ball-park of his? Now there are rumors that Abreau is going to be gone. ANother guy with a team friendly contract and POOF trade him for some 2A "prospect" that has "promise".

YEah, the stadium is going to be packed with idiots not caring where they finish for the privilege of drinking over-priced beer and shitty food watching a 2A team get mauled by real major league teams.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, we could've done this deal in three years and would've gotten nowhere near the value we got now. The reason we got as much as we did was because he'd be under team control for three years.

"Value" is in the eyes of the beholder. But by all means keep your chin up and support Reinny and his "team". I've had enough. I am officially not a White Sox fan anymore. I will only go to minor league or high school games. It is a sad day for me because I have been a White Sox fan for about 65 years. But it is OVER. Good luck:(

Bears27

Liked Posts:
Love this deal, even though it's tough to lose a player like Sale. The smart decision is to rebuild and what better way start that rebuild than acquiring one of the top prospects in baseball. Anderson/Moncada make up a promising middle infield and potential 1-2 hitters in the lineup, down the road. Kopech is a hard thrower with a nasty slider and a pretty decent changeup – he could end up in the back of the rotation or the top of the bullpen. I also like the lower-A prospects Basabe & Diaz. Good return for 3 years of Sale.

This also has to be evaluated with the next few trades the Sox make. Major fail if they think this should be a solitary move. Luckily I think Hahn has the balls to do this right.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Value" is in the eyes of the beholder. But by all means keep your chin up and support Reinny and his "team". I've had enough. I am officially not a White Sox fan anymore. I will only go to minor league or high school games. It is a sad day for me because I have been a White Sox fan for about 65 years. But it is OVER. Good luck:(

You have been a White Sox fan for 65 years and you are done because they are trying to better their team? Let me put this in perspective. Sale is not a fan of management. He was not the best pitcher in the league. He only pitches every 5 days. To hold onto him, while your team needs so many needs is a terrible opinion. The Cubs just won the world series because the front office saw the future and not the present. This is a great step towards the White Sox future. IF you are a "fan", turning your back now is the ultimate pussy shit. It may not work out, but they are striving for the future and now the same status quo. Be happy for the Sox because they got a top 5 prospect that is a 5 tool monster. Yes, they do not all work out but Sale being good has won the Sox shit. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results. I am not a Sox fan, but I did watch them alot growing up. Im the last of the generation that only watched TBS and WGN. Frank Thomas is probably my favortie player of all time with Mark Grace. I even loved Harold Baines and Tim Raines.(should go into the hall) This is a step in a right direction and for you to turn your back is dumb. Support your team because they are trying to build something which should have happened a while ago.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
They're, not surprisingly, doing this backwards. You trade Quintana FIRST, to set the market. THEN you trade Sale, the much better pitcher, who brings you more in return.

I disagree.. Quintana is the ultimate consistency that nhasnt caused problem in the clubhouse. Guy is a ball player.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hans the only one giddy because he bought himself three years by going the long term rebuild plan.

This will be a bottom dweller for 5-7 years.

The psychic is out. Take that for what you will. I gotta go breathe deep for about a decade and swallow this puke fest of a franchise. waiting...hoping the franchise survives the bottom without moving, to Nebraska or something or Vegas.

Call them the Black Sox and go mafia again. Mother fucker. I'm so pissed at this. They just needed to spend around this core of pitchers, and fill in some blanks.

Abreu is too good to let go. We had the contract envy of the league, it doesn't get better than that. We could have done this in 3 years and still got good prospect value. This is giving up with a promising young core.

I'm speechless. Mother FUCK!!!

Do you know the CBA? Do you know what is about to go down? The Sox made the correct move. For the first time in years, they are trying to build their team. They fought fot Moncada. Boston told them no and they hounded for him. Even if he doesnt work out, the Sox fought for what they wanted.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Good (hopefully great) move and Hahn needed to make it. Now we have to depend on White Sox minor and major league coaches to develop the position player talent acquired in this trade, especially Moncada.

Also, like David Chappelle said in Half Baked Rask you done smoked yourself Special person.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Good Bye The Hawk.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Sale's antics last season were nauseating. I like the deal. You never know how it will turn out but they received one of the best prospects in baseball and a pitcher that they feel has a front of the rotation projection. Hahn said they felt he was the best minor league pitching prospect last year. The other two guys are real prospects and not just throw ins. Keep it going...

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Love this deal, even though it's tough to lose a player like Sale. The smart decision is to rebuild and what better way start that rebuild than acquiring one of the top prospects in baseball. Anderson/Moncada make up a promising middle infield and potential 1-2 hitters in the lineup, down the road. Kopech is a hard thrower with a nasty slider and a pretty decent changeup – he could end up in the back of the rotation or the top of the bullpen. I also like the lower-A prospects Basabe & Diaz. Good return for 3 years of Sale.

This also has to be evaluated with the next few trades the Sox make. Major fail if they think this should be a solitary move. Luckily I think Hahn has the balls to do this right.
I don't know if you follow Joe Sheehan, but I heard him on the radio yesterday praising this trade. He kept talking about his favorite piece of the deal being Basabe.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I have to admit once they didn't trade Sale last July, I dreaded every start. His mechanics are frightening.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I just am disappointed that the White Sox are dismantling the team which I do not support in the least. Here they had a real chance to build a contending team next year with a potentially dominant starting pitching staff. They gave up the arguably the best pitcher in the AL. The only thing that I can say is I guess Reinny got embarrassed by Sales couple of "incidents" last year and we all know how fragile is the ego of Reinny. If I were Hahn, I'd get the first stage out of Dodge and find a real organization to work for. Fuck Reinny!

See how you feel when you see the team with Abreu, Quintana and Sale gone.

Prospects? Superstars. We are completely fucktarded.

Who were the Sox going to stock this team with? There weren't enough FAs available to make that team into a contender and they didn't have the prospects to track down any via trade.

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You have been a White Sox fan for 65 years and you are done because they are trying to better their team? Let me put this in perspective. Sale is not a fan of management. He was not the best pitcher in the league. He only pitches every 5 days. To hold onto him, while your team needs so many needs is a terrible opinion. The Cubs just won the world series because the front office saw the future and not the present. This is a great step towards the White Sox future. IF you are a "fan", turning your back now is the ultimate pussy shit. It may not work out, but they are striving for the future and now the same status quo. Be happy for the Sox because they got a top 5 prospect that is a 5 tool monster. Yes, they do not all work out but Sale being good has won the Sox shit. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results. I am not a Sox fan, but I did watch them alot growing up. Im the last of the generation that only watched TBS and WGN. Frank Thomas is probably my favortie player of all time with Mark Grace. I even loved Harold Baines and Tim Raines.(should go into the hall) This is a step in a right direction and for you to turn your back is dumb. Support your team because they are trying to build something which should have happened a while ago.

I wish I could thank your post twice. Well said.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Any news on what's next? If you trade sale I'm pretty sure we will try to move many more players