Chris Sale Traded to Red Sox

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Glad this happened, and the haul was good, possibly great.

Would like to see them hang onto Quintana, Eaton, and Abreu (obviously Anderson too) but everybody has a positive cost-benefit at the right price. Get what you can for anyone else. Frazier, Robertson, Melky should have a little value.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You have been a White Sox fan for 65 years and you are done because they are trying to better their team? Let me put this in perspective. Sale is not a fan of management. He was not the best pitcher in the league. He only pitches every 5 days. To hold onto him, while your team needs so many needs is a terrible opinion. The Cubs just won the world series because the front office saw the future and not the present. This is a great step towards the White Sox future. IF you are a "fan", turning your back now is the ultimate pussy shit. It may not work out, but they are striving for the future and now the same status quo. Be happy for the Sox because they got a top 5 prospect that is a 5 tool monster. Yes, they do not all work out but Sale being good has won the Sox shit. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results. I am not a Sox fan, but I did watch them alot growing up. Im the last of the generation that only watched TBS and WGN. Frank Thomas is probably my favortie player of all time with Mark Grace. I even loved Harold Baines and Tim Raines.(should go into the hall) This is a step in a right direction and for you to turn your back is dumb. Support your team because they are trying to build something which should have happened a while ago.

I don't agree and disagree with their "plan". Instead of building a contending team, they got rid of arguably the best pitcher in the AL. A five time all-star who is still young and very affordable. I think that this comes down to Reinny and his hatred for spending money. What they needed to contend was very achievable. Instead they have chosen to take everything down and hope that the prospects they get are miracle workers. They have no future just like the BEars do not because they have shitty ownership. I have just had enough listening to stupid management and their dumb decisions.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have to admit once they didn't trade Sale last July, I dreaded every start. His mechanics are frightening.

That is just wrong. They are just different from what is classically taught is all. He throws every pitch from the same slot which is fine. The guy is a stud who averages a strike out per inning. Too bad he'll be pitching in Boston instead of Chicago. Wonder how many fans are going to trot out to the Cell and watch some 2A pitcher with a 6.0 era throw BP shit up there to major league hitters? People came to the ball park to watch Sale. Not anymore. Reinny is a dufus buffoon.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
LOL. You're so terrible Hawk. Can't make out the forest for the trees.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
That is just wrong. They are just different from what is classically taught is all. He throws every pitch from the same slot which is fine. The guy is a stud who averages a strike out per inning. Too bad he'll be pitching in Boston instead of Chicago. Wonder how many fans are going to trot out to the Cell and watch some 2A pitcher with a 6.0 era throw BP shit up there to major league hitters? People came to the ball park to watch Sale. Not anymore. Reinny is a dufus buffoon.
You're back...that wasn't long.

Anyway, what do you mean less fans? There are flies there now.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
reinsdorf spends money he just doesnt spend it wisely .....well the people he puts in charge dont. We arent close its time to dump, reload, retool then when its time he will spend again on a few missing pieces. Sound familiar? And it works.

hawk what you are suggesting they do is the same shit they keep doing which has given us shit results.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Historically, the Sox have been really good at drafting pitchers. They seem to suck at everyday players. Having Sale and Q is great, they are great pitchers (metric wise Q is stellar, I think by now we all know W/L is a terrible way to measure a pitcher). but it's the everyday players that are going to get you to the playoffs.

If I were Rick, I'd be talking to Theo about sending Q 7 miles north for Schwarber.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Historically, the Sox have been really good at drafting pitchers. They seem to suck at everyday players. Having Sale and Q is great, they are great pitchers (metric wise Q is stellar, I think by now we all know W/L is a terrible way to measure a pitcher). but it's the everyday players that are going to get you to the playoffs.

If I were Rick, I'd be talking to Theo about sending Q 7 miles north for Schwarber.

And Theo hangs up the phone at "Schw---".

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

I think that's why I'm very high on Moncada right now. He's certainly not a finished product, but he's right on the cusp of breaking into the big leagues. Think it's easier to get to the show from there than it is for a talented prospect down in single A.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You're back...that wasn't long.

Anyway, what do you mean less fans? There are flies there now.

People came out when Sale pitched. They came out when they got off to a good start last year. They will NOT come out for a bunch of 2A players. Period. Reinsdorf is an idiot because of his failure to put teams out there that will actually put people in the seats. This is an old jag-off who thinks that fans owe him their loyalty. He had a chance right after 2005 to keep the team competitive for decades and fucked it up by thinking small.

It is now a perfect storm of buffoonery on the White Sox part because the Cubs won and they somehow think that they should follow this "model" as being the correct one. It is in no way good thinking. The buffoons that are Cub fans blindly went to the ball park win or lose for whatever product they trotted out there. This will not work for Reinny because he doesn't have robots for fans and they will only support a team that deserves their support.

As for your remark about my "being back" and not being long.......... shake yourself. This board has had crickets on it this entire season. You want me gone? Okay, I'm gone. Enjoy being the only one here and talk to yourself:(

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
People came out when Sale pitched. They came out when they got off to a good start last year.

If you look at it, neither is true in 2016.

As for your remark about my "being back" and not being long.......... shake yourself. This board has had crickets on it this entire season. You want me gone? Okay, I'm gone. Enjoy being the only one here and talk to yourself:(

bye again

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
For The Hawks and the Rasks:

Do yourself a favor and look at the mlb rankings of the Sox farm system from last Friday. Then look at the top ten prospects for the Red Sox and Nationals. After that, look for any kind of rankings, from any source, of how the Sox farm system currently looks.

Then kill yourselves.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Do yourself a favor and look at the mlb rankings of the Sox farm system from last Friday. Then look at the top ten prospects for the Red Sox and Nationals. After that, look for any kind of rankings, from any source, of how the Sox farm system currently looks.

Then kill yourselves.

Someone's in the holiday spirit!

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

Then kill yourselves.

Good point but they still have to develop that talent as well

So far we traded two players who were malcontents to management several times last year for a nice prize. Is there anything out there that says we are going further with this and looking for deals for other players or was this just getting rid of two guys who publicly challenged management?

I'm on the side of trade away and do it right through development

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Good point but they still have to develop that talent as well

So far we traded two players who were malcontents to management several times last year for a nice prize. Is there anything out there that says we are going further with this and looking for deals for other players or was this just getting rid of two guys who publicly challenged management?

I'm on the side of trade away and do it right through development
The new slogan should be: Develop Everyday Players.

I'm not overly concerned about the pitching, because I'm of the opinion that the Sox do well drafting and developing that position. Can't think of the guys name off-hand, but they now have a new guy in charge of drafting. I'd like to see what they can do to improve the development part. But, they're doing the right things: getting the prospects, getting them in the system, now it's the development part.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The new slogan should be: Develop Everyday Players.

I'm not overly concerned about the pitching, because I'm of the opinion that the Sox do well drafting and developing that position. Can't think of the guys name off-hand, but they now have a new guy in charge of drafting. I'd like to see what they can do to improve the development part. But, they're doing the right things: getting the prospects, getting them in the system, now it's the development part.

I agree, but that development part needs to happen before the 2017 season starts. Jerry, all that money you saved needs to go here....NOW!