Chris Sale Traded to Red Sox

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is zero chance any of the pitchers we got are better than Sale. There is zero chance if one of them actually made that a conversation that we could find ourselves in a cost controlled 4 year contract window that we had with a superstar. The bargain bin will never get deeper than we had it. We would be lucky if any of them, even one, ever retain Quintana status.

I am convinced if this team won't spend what was required to build around Sale/Quintana/Abreu/Eaton/Anderson

then 2005 was a fluke of flukes and we are completley screwed until Hahn/Williams/Reinny are all gone. I'll always love the Sox, I just can't watch until that triage is gone, its not worth my frustation. I have no hope to lend.

Get something for Robertson? Yeah...I can't believe teams aren't smashing down our door for his 10 BS and 4.5 era either. Baffling.

Prospects? All-stars for PROSPECTS. 3 years with a staff ace for PROSPECTS.

These guys think they are smart and can do some magical "rebuild" is the problem. They are fucking clueless.

That core would be the envy of half the league. Its not like we are blowing up some aging core of 30 something veterans. We just blew up the core that everyone else is trying and hoping and praying lady luck bestows upon them they could build.

Laughing stock. Just give it a year or two and the voices laughing around the league at us will come out. Teams will talk about us chasing some "rebuild" dream.

It isn't about rebuilding, its about acquiring elite WAR players and filling in a team of clutch competitors around them.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I agree, but that development part needs to happen before the 2017 season starts. Jerry, all that money you saved needs to go here....NOW!

I don't disagree.

I remember an interview I heard with Theo, that when he got hired they met with EVERYONE in the organization. Whether it was someone as high as Jed Hoyer, to the lowest of lowest scouts, they met and went over what it would mean to play Chicago Cubs baseball. Apparently they went over everything - you name it, they talked about it. I bring up Theo, because he seems like a pretty good guy to emulate.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
There is zero chance any of the pitchers we got are better than Sale. There is zero chance if one of them actually made that a conversation that we could find ourselves in a cost controlled 4 year contract window that we had with a superstar. The bargain bin will never get deeper than we had it. We would be lucky if any of them, even one, ever retain Quintana status.

I am convinced if this team won't spend what was required to build around Sale/Quintana/Abreu/Eaton/Anderson

then 2005 was a fluke of flukes and we are completley screwed until Hahn/Williams/Reinny are all gone. I'll always love the Sox, I just can't watch until that triage is gone, its not worth my frustation. I have no hope to lend.

Get something for Robertson? Yeah...I can't believe teams aren't smashing down our door for his 10 BS and 4.5 era either. Baffling.

Prospects? All-stars for PROSPECTS. 3 years with a staff ace for PROSPECTS.

These guys think they are smart and can do some magical "rebuild" is the problem. They are fucking clueless.

That core would be the envy of half the league. Its not like we are blowing up some aging core of 30 something veterans. We just blew up the core that everyone else is trying and hoping and praying lady luck bestows upon them they could build.

Laughing stock. Just give it a year or two and the voices laughing around the league at us will come out. Teams will talk about us chasing some "rebuild" dream.

It isn't about rebuilding, its about acquiring elite WAR players and filling in a team of clutch competitors around them.
Unbelievable.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The new slogan should be: Develop Everyday Players.

I'm not overly concerned about the pitching, because I'm of the opinion that the Sox do well drafting and developing that position. Can't think of the guys name off-hand, but they now have a new guy in charge of drafting. I'd like to see what they can do to improve the development part. But, they're doing the right things: getting the prospects, getting them in the system, now it's the development part.

You mean Chris Getz?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just wait until Moncada is batting .236 with 10-20 homeruns, one of those pitchers gets tommy john, and the other one gives up 10 home runs in the first 2 months of a season because we have to play them before they are ready. Another you will never see,

The Sox had the best pitcher in baseball but now they are selling you "hope", and you are eating it.

Hahn is going to be heeing and hawing for 3-4 years while he rebuilds an epic failure of nothing. Welcome to 5th place 5 years running. Jokes, and I'm serious we will be lucky to even stay in Chicago when this is all said and done.

You might be patting on the back right now, I am seriously hoping I am not witnessing the complete disintegration and death nail of a franchise. I'm supposed to clap for Hahn?

Fucking hell. puke shit fuck suck ass.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
When you have a potential MVP hitter in Abreu, and a potential Cy Young in Chris Sale, you gotta go bullish. Thats when you buy!! not sel!!! Make a spalsh, get Mike Trout!! thats how you get the whole baseball world to pay attention to you and you fill the stands as well as any other club.

Mitchapalooza

I'm pumped for us to have Sale. Hope he does well in the postseason.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
You mean Chris Getz?

Getz is on the developmental side. That's why I have my fingers crossed when it comes to position player prospects received or drafted, even Moncada.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
When you have a potential MVP hitter in Abreu, and a potential Cy Young in Chris Sale, you gotta go bullish. Thats when you buy!! not sel!!! Make a spalsh, get Mike Trout!! thats how you get the whole baseball world to pay attention to you and you fill the stands as well as any other club.

Sounds like you have the problem of overrating everyone on our team, kind of like when you talked up Paul Gasoft and Mirotic on the Bulls forum when they were busy giving up points left and right and shooting shitty jumpers. 2014 Abreu is a potential MVP. Jose since then?

:nelson:

Good hitter, but not even close to great.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I am just hear to laugh at the White Sox fans who didn't learn from the Cub fans who bashed Theo and Ricketts, and are now bashing Hahn for fleecing two teams to start a rebuild and finally choose a path, and build towards a winning franchise.

Yes there is no guarantee of success, but we had 10 years of horrible baseball that showed not picking a path was downright stupid and horrible baseball as a result.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1. Fowler CF
2. Eaton RF
3. Braun LF
4. Abreu 1B
5. Frazier 3B
6. McGahee C
7. Desmond 2B
8. Anderson SS

I'd like to see something like this have been attempted. You got all these cost controlled players, where are the guys we paid fairly? Ok...guess we are small market and can't compete in MLB the way the rules are contstructed. Except we aren't small market, we are small marketing. Failure of ownership, plenty of human beings around if you gave them reason to come.

The Manocada and Gigilo pieces look nice for Eaton/Sale. Its sweet to get ready now top prospects, all the rest of the guys are extra darts just in case those two don't live up to the trades.

But its going to be a long season. With probability of it being 10.

But lets Manocada and Gigilo work out. You got an ace and a premium infielder at 2B or 3B. Adn you retain Quintana and Abreu and Anderson.

Well...my issue at this point is ok..you sorta retooled, but now what? Because now the management won't spend the extra 50,000,000 necessary to compete for a championship to build around those guys.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
You're sounding like Cub fans circa 2009-2011. If only we fill these holes we are so close to being a playoff team! It just doesn't work that way. Consistent winners build farm systems first and then they plug in.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Hahn: "We'd like to discuss Trout for our entire Minor League system as a starting point."

*crickets*

It probably would have included Sale and Eaton first, then we'd be back to square one again and finishing in last like the Angels. lol...