Chris Sale Traded to Red Sox

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Rumors are that a deal is close to the Nationals for Lucas Giolito and Victor Robles as the two main pieces. If this is the trade they make, it will be a whiff of major proportions. Sale can get traded but you absolutely do not trade him for the only thing this organization can do very, very well and that is produce pitching. Thsi would be a historically bad deal. I'm hoping folks are just selling ad space.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
could be leaked info to start a bidding war but most likely if kenny williams is involved we getting the shaft

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Here come the Red Sox....

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
They're, not surprisingly, doing this backwards. You trade Quintana FIRST, to set the market. THEN you trade Sale, the much better pitcher, who brings you more in return.

Mitchapalooza

Ken RosenthalVerified account
‏@Ken_Rosenthal
BREAKING: Sale to #RedSox. Moncada, Kopech and two other prospects to #WhiteSox.

Ron Burgundy

BREAKING: White Sox trade Chris Sale to Boston Red Sox

sw16_cwx_0715_74047068.jpg

It has finally happened. The Chicago White Sox have traded ace Chris Sale to the Boston Red Sox in a package for prospects*Yoan Moncada, Michael Kopech, and two others. The deal was first reported by Ken Rosenthal at the MLB Winter Meetings: Sale has been a hot topic at the Winter Meetings with reports of the Washington Nationals pursuing him heavily on Monday. Then the Boston Red Sox swooped in and offered the White Sox the best package to land the ace. The 27-year-old Sale went 17-10 in 2016, posting a 3.34 ERA, 1.03 WHIP in 226.2 innings pitched. In return, the White Sox are getting the top hitting prospect in infielder*Yoan Moncada as well as a 20-year-old *pitching prospect in*Michael Kopech. The right hander hit 105 MPH on the radar gun earlier this summer. Check back for the other prospects the White Sox will receive.

Last edited by a moderator:

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
12:32pm: USA Today’s Bob Nightengale reports that minor league outfielder Luis Alexander Basabe and minor league right-hander Victor Diaz are going to the White Sox as well (on Twitter).

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
happy now?

now we suck total donkey balls. Yep, these idiots will finally bottom us out but there will be no ascension after. I'm done with this owner. Will be watching good baseball up north for a decade and pretend they aren't really this stupid by pretending they don't exist.

I'm a bad White Sox fan?

Who or what is a white sock again?

Ron Burgundy

Source: White Sox get Moncada, more for Sale

The White Sox rebuild began in a major way Tuesday afternoon when the team agreed to acquire infielder Yoan Moncada and right-handed pitcher Michael Kopech from Boston in a five-player trade sending Chris Sale to the Red Sox, sources told MLB.com's Jon Paul Morosi.

Read the full article at the White Sox official site...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I like that deal. Can't remember the last time the White Sox had an MLB prospect, as a position player, that could be argued as the No. 1 prospect in all of baseball.

Svic

Liked Posts:
Reported that Boston is paying the remaining 31M on moncada cobtract. I hope that this 31M didn't mean that we could get someone better than Kochech. I don't know much about moncada. I know he struggled in the big leagues at the end with strike outs but had just few at bats. Anybody else feels like sale was worth more? Considering age, money.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I am sad.

Past that, I wish we could have gotten a catcher in on the deal (Blake Swihart). That said, I do like this deal much more than the rumored Washington deal.

Yoan can play a number of positions on the infield. Kopech can be made into a nice #3. I like Diaz to get a chance to be molded into a setup guy perhaps as early as this year. Basabe could be a third OF. Perhaps Chris attitude hurt him on this club because honestly they get this haul at the deadline in 2017 or the offseason next year. At least I don't have to wonder about winning it all this year.

I hope they get serious about moving Q to a team like Houston for Bergman.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am sad.

Passed that, I wish we could have gotten a catcher in on the deal (Blake Swihart). That said, I do like this deal much more than the rumored Washington deal.

Yoan can play a number of positions on the infield. Kopech can be made into a nice #3. I like Diaz to get a chance to be molded into a setup guy perhaps as early as this year. Basabe could be a third OF. Perhaps Chris attitude hurt him on this club because honestly they get this haul at the deadline in 2017 or the offseason next year. At least I don't have to wonder about winning it all this year.

I hope they get serious about moving Q to a team like Houston for Bergman.

If I were a Sox fan, I would have insisted that Devers be included.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just am disappointed that the White Sox are dismantling the team which I do not support in the least. Here they had a real chance to build a contending team next year with a potentially dominant starting pitching staff. They gave up the arguably the best pitcher in the AL. The only thing that I can say is I guess Reinny got embarrassed by Sales couple of "incidents" last year and we all know how fragile is the ego of Reinny. If I were Hahn, I'd get the first stage out of Dodge and find a real organization to work for. Fuck Reinny!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like that deal. Can't remember the last time the White Sox had an MLB prospect, as a position player, that could be argued as the No. 1 prospect in all of baseball.

See how you feel when you see the team with Abreu, Quintana and Sale gone.

Prospects? Superstars. We are completely fucktarded.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hans the only one giddy because he bought himself three years by going the long term rebuild plan.

This will be a bottom dweller for 5-7 years.

The psychic is out. Take that for what you will. I gotta go breathe deep for about a decade and swallow this puke fest of a franchise. waiting...hoping the franchise survives the bottom without moving, to Nebraska or something or Vegas.

Call them the Black Sox and go mafia again. Mother fucker. I'm so pissed at this. They just needed to spend around this core of pitchers, and fill in some blanks.

Abreu is too good to let go. We had the contract envy of the league, it doesn't get better than that. We could have done this in 3 years and still got good prospect value. This is giving up with a promising young core.

I'm speechless. Mother FUCK!!!