Jimmy Garoppolo is not the answer

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Unfortunately John Fox will not be fired.

I could see Fox pushing for Jimmy, he would not have to wait as long to get the QB on the field.

you have said this multiple time, what is your reasoning behind this line of thought? I admit there is a pretty good chance he doesn't get fired, but it's not like he has done some bang up job that his job is secure. So why the confidence that Fox won't be fired?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
you have said this multiple time, what is your reasoning behind this line of thought? I admit there is a pretty good chance he doesn't get fired, but it's not like he has done some bang up job that his job is secure. So why the confidence that Fox won't be fired?

Bears lost money letting Trestman and crew go early. Likely not willing to do the same again so soon.

bearsden

Liked Posts:
It looks similar to the Cutler trade, but I think there are a couple of key differences,

-The Bears gave up so much for Cutler that they crippled the talent level on the team around him.

-They did a terrible job of developing him early in his Bears tenure, didn't protect him etc.

-Cutler was just a mediocre QB who never progressed,
a mediocre qb who never progressed? he was in the pro bowl a year ago

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JG is not the answer, Barkley is not the answer , Cutty isn't the answer, a first round rookie isn't the answer!!!.??? Who the fuck is the answer??

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How do you know that's a difference? We don't know if Jimmy will progress either. Coming from the most stable, easiest QBing situation in the NFL where every mediocre warm body has managed to win, to a much less developed and talented team doesn't sound like automatic, assumed progress to me. Especially when you consider that he's only played a game and a half there, and that his college opposition was a similar to level to some of the better TX high schools.

Cutler was considered one of the "next elite QBs" when that trade was made. He was coming off a trip to the pro bowl and was expected to be among the next generation of top tier QBs. He also had raw physical talent that dwarfed that of JG.

I agree this is different to the Cutler trade. It's a far riskier trade for a far more unproven QB.

We do not know that he will be more.

But just because Jay turned out to be mediocre does not mean Jimmy will.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Because they are not going to admit to a 3rd multi million dollar hiring blunder in 5 years.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
According to what? The top college football defenses he played against in college or the 1.5 games he started for the Pats?
. Common sense or anyone with an ability to judge QB skills.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
JG is not the answer, Barkley is not the answer , Cutty isn't the answer, a first round rookie isn't the answer!!!.??? Who the fuck is the answer??

Some random guy we pick in the 6th round, because everyone knows all franchise QB's come in the later rounds.