Vic Fangio rumored to be leaving Bears after season

TishLover

Liked Posts:
????????:facepalm:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...-bears-mulligan-spt-1207-20161206-column.html

Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio is rumored to be winding down his time with the team as part of a massive overhaul anticipated at the end of the season. It sounds like a tall tale when you consider the Bears' problem has been a lack of continuity because of injury and suspension, along with a number of less-than-stellar game plans on offense.

Most observers expect changes at quarterback, and Dowell Loggains has appeared on shaky ground virtually since the day he was promoted to offensive coordinator. The idea that Fox is displeased with Fangio or the coordinator is unhappy in his job sounds absurd but has been the subject of speculation for over a month.

"It has to be some kind of philosophical thing like you saw in Minnesota,'' one league source said. "It's so out of left field, it might be absolutely correct.'

750x422

AussieBear

id be more disappointed by this, then i would be if jay was the starter in 2017.................

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
This would be absolute bat shit. What philosophical differences could there even be? Hell, they just drafted an OLB that fits his scheme perfectly.

Can Fox, keep Fangio. He is the only coach on the roster who I can definitely say is doing his job.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This would really annoy me. Gonna make believe not true for now.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Bears defensive coordinator Vic Fangio is rumored to be winding down his time with the team as part of a massive overhaul anticipated at the end of the season.

So... Unless I'm reading this wrong, we spend the last 2 years shit-canning all the talent on Offense to build a defense for him. And now the Bears want him gone?

This team is run by a football Genius.

dt-common-streams-streamserver.jpg

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
is fox going to get a $126m/7yr extension?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
If I was Fangio I would be thrilled to get away from this organization, he might miss a few players but not the fuck heads running things.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
NO fuck NO

godammit mother FUCKER I cannot deal with 2 motherfucking steps back after the bears kind of made a step forward this year. fuck fuck fuck FUCK.

George and Pace better figure out what the fuck is happening because there has been TOO FUCKING MUCH instability. godDAMMIT

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
NO fuck NO

godammit mother FUCKER I cannot deal with 2 motherfucking steps back after the bears kind of made a step forward this year. fuck fuck fuck FUCK.

George and Pace better figure out what the fuck is happening because there has been TOO FUCKING MUCH instability. godDAMMIT

I assume that Fox is looking to shit-can the guy who should be HC instead of him.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
"Fox, insiders say, will return for a third season despite the team's failures this year. He will be reworking his offensive staff and now may also be looking at changes in his defensive staff. It's unknown if respected defensive assistants like Ed Donatell, who came with Fangio from San Francisco or Clint Hurtt, a carryover from the last administration, would want to stay without Fangio."

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The only reason that I wanted the Bears to hire John Fox is that I thought he could assemble the best staff for the team. Walking in the door with Adam Gase and Vic Fangio made me feel vindicated.

If Fangio walks a year after Gase...I will feel downright hornswoggled.

(And if I were Ryan Pace...I would fire everybody)

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I assume that Fox is looking to shit-can the guy who should be HC instead of him.

I would be more inclined to think that its coming from Fangio being like fuck this guy. He goes or I go. Or some shit. I mean as long as we are speculating. Would make more sense to me that Fangio had enough of Fox rather than the other way around.