Vic Fangio rumored to be leaving Bears after season

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
oh just shove it up your ass. you are in no way the voice of reason on ccs.

If you are looking for a voice of reason CCS shouldn't be where you seek out knowledge.

As far as the target of your anger I agree with him wholeheartedly. It's hilarious how many of you were losing your shit over a bogus report.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you look past the time Cutler played I would actually say Loggain's offense has done pretty good with what they have had to work with.

Better, but hardly inspiring.

Hardly inspiring enough to want me to work with the next QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Brad Biggs

When it comes to staff moves, the truth comes out when the calendar turns to January. Sources remained resolute saying there's smoke inside Halas Hall when it comes to friction between Fox and Fangio and it's a matter of whether or not the fire can be extinguished. If Fangio departs, secondary coach Ed Donatell is considered a potential replacement. He served as coordinator of the Packers and Falcons for a total of seven seasons.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
So fox gets hired and brings in fangio and gase...and our coordinators next season could end up being donatell and loggains? Fail.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
bottom line...don't believe anything until it happens....

this speculation shit is stupid......I have worked at jobs were stupid rumors fly around and it makes for a shitty work environment....the NFL is no different.

You would think professionals would have their shit together on this....

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The worst thing Fox said is everyone is back.

Loggains can take a long walk in my world.

Why do people get surprised by a coach not throwing his assistants under the bus during the season?

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
Yeah, seems to me like Fox wants to dump Fangio to save his own skin.
If Fangio has a guaranteed contract, he could just take the year off (3 year deal) or go to Miami with Gase
or to another new team hiring a new head coach/staff.

If Virginia fires Fox, then she can save money by making Fangio the interim head coach for 1 year (maybe give him some extra dough).
But it would obviously save the team money by having Fangio on a cheap salary already!!!
No Need to hire a new head coach.
Of course, this was how Mike Tice got the Vikings head coach job - he was the cheapest person available.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really don't know how I would feel if Fangio were canned. I like the idea of Fangio, but this defense has struggled. They should have been much improved at the beginning of the year but they weren't. They look full of potential now but they are playing crap teams. I just don't know if I should be pissed or happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It could very well be the Fox and Fangio get into it at times with Fox wanting to bring more heat but that doesn't mean it's going to be a break up. Just because Fox may want him to be more aggressive doesn't necessarily mean he'd prefer someone else or doesn't appreciate what he's got.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel was on the Score and he said he spoke to someone close to Fangio and apparently Fangio really wants to be a HC.

But he doesn't think what is going on in Chicago is helping him get that shot.

Add that to what appears to be some friction between he and Fox and you have an interesting situation.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I really don't know how I would feel if Fangio were canned. I like the idea of Fangio, but this defense has struggled. They should have been much improved at the beginning of the year but they weren't. They look full of potential now but they are playing crap teams. I just don't know if I should be pissed or happy.

There's no crying in football.

Bears defense is ranked 7th, other teams play crap teams too.

D rankings

Kazu2324

Liked Posts:
I know that Fox said everyone's safe and we're all thinking about what's gonna happen with Fangio and Dowell but if they don't fire the ST coach, I'm going to be pissed. The last few years since Toub left has been just dreadful and we need a better ST coach.

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel was on the Score and he said he spoke to someone close to Fangio and apparently Fangio really wants to be a HC.

But he doesn't think what is going on in Chicago is helping him get that shot.

Add that to what appears to be some friction between he and Fox and you have an interesting situation.

I am for firing Fox and giving Fangio a shot at Bears HC.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's no crying in football.

Bears defense is ranked 7th, other teams play crap teams too.

D rankings

The first few games the defense was bad and seemed unprepared. I said they look full of potential now, but that wasn't always the case this year. And we have one of the weakest schedules in football.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am for firing Fox and giving Fangio a shot at Bears HC.

Some people are great coordinators but have no business being HC's. Fangio has been coaching forever and he has never been considered for a HC spot there might be a good reason. San Fran passed him over for Jim freaking Tomsula after all.