Nationals Acquire Adam Eaton

SweetHomeChicago

I have a Senior Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/chicago-white-sox

The White Sox have announced that they’ve traded outfielder Adam Eaton to the Nationals in a deal centered on right-hander Lucas Giolito, as FanRag’s Jon Heyman previously reported. Dan Hayes of CSN Chicago reported that right-handers Reynaldo Lopez and Dane Dunning are also in the deal.

Trade looks pretty amazing for the Sox.

Tampabear

Liked Posts:
I really like Adam Eaton....but damn. Great haul. Sox could have a monster rotation in a couple years.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
With the money chapman and janson reportedly will be getting wonder if we can sell Robinson for anything worthwhile

Liked Posts:
It's too bad we couldn't have added Q and gotten Trea Turner or Robles in the deal. We got a pretty good return for Mr. Eaton though.

Q + Abreu to to the Rangers for Gallo or Odor

Infield of Gallo - Anderson - Lawrie - Moncada

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Q + Abreu to to the Rangers for Gallo or Odor

Infield of Gallo - Anderson - Lawrie - Moncada

What? I wouldn't trade either of those two for either Gallo or Odor. That's not anywhere near a balanced trade coming back. Heck I wouldn't do Either for both of them. Nor will Hahn.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
nats now sniffing at robinson

idk what the have left to trade

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't want to be an ass on Gioloto. The guy is 6'6", 256 lb hard thrower with alot of AAA to back-up being the top pitching prospect in baseball.

I AM a little concerned though about his MLB debut. I mean the 6.75 ERA, the more walks than strikeouts, the 7 home runs in 4 starts. Give me that. A little concern.

I looked up the teams he faced in a small sample size and it won't make you happy either. San Diego, Atlanta, Colorado (not at elevation, at home), Arizona are the teams that roughed him up. Not kidding...lol. I mean...he shut the Mets down for 4 innings. But basically has not faced a death lineup of any kind and looks like he got killed out there.
YOu couldn't select a more patty cake group of teams to parade him against and I wonder if it was intentional for some nafarius reason to trade him?

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
This rebuild is cute, but it probably wont work out.

It is better than what they've been doing for the past 10 years, but I have zero faith in this franchise.

But I will enjoy the temporary hope and promise of a future that will never come.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This rebuild is cute, but it probably wont work out.

It is better than what they've been doing for the past 10 years, but I have zero faith in this franchise.

But I will enjoy the temporary hope and promise of a future that will never come.

"This rebuild is cute" got a good laugh. I feel the same. These fucking clowns don't have a clue what they are doing. Crede being healthy enough to be clutch, a generational talent like Konerko, an Uribe that just swings a big bat hard (Sherman, Bonds school with less bat speed),

then Williams lucks into the improbable timing of young Garland(the only time he did anything), rejuvinated Contreras(possibly 48 years old if you believe the forged birth certificate stories), good Buerle (of the 4, the most probable to shut down opponents over the course of the entire palyoffs in a given year), and good Freddy Garcia (this is a rarity by this stage of his career) all clicking into unhittable mode at the same time. Only Buerle would ever have success again much longer. I'm supposed to respect Williams for this? He made so many mistakes and had so much go right for him the White Sox should have competed for a decade straight on his watch after getting a rejuvinated Thome, but no. He got about 4 competitive years and a bunch of missed chances by not paying for free agent pitchers when he had a chance and a limited window.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The White Sox are Bulls level mess if the and only if the Bulls were to let GarPax trade Jimmy Butler. But then again...its Reinsdorf..so that is the only reason I am afraid that organization might be as stupid as this one was.

I would take the Eaton trade. We got the player I would want for Sale. ?? So its like mind calming a bit. But at the same time, I disagree with the philosophy of ever trading a Sale. I believe you go all in and pay any cost to build around those type of players that can carry you to the promise land if you surround them. They make it worth surrounding!! Spending!! They are what you draft for, what you do your endless search for. What your job is.

Trading them is completely backwards and working against the entire point of the entire sport, your entire career, your entire purpose.

So yeah...I think its really fucking stupid, and trading Jimmy Buckets would be the same.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
White Sox aren't as dysfunctional as the Bulls. While the rebuild probably won't pan out because reasons at least they're going in the right direction. Yeah, you'd rather keep Sale but they weren't winning anytime soon and no way he stuck around after his deal was over.

What they've been doing the past 10 years simply isn't working. I'm fine with the rebuild.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
White Sox aren't as dysfunctional as the Bulls. While the rebuild probably won't pan out because reasons at least they're going in the right direction. Yeah, you'd rather keep Sale but they weren't winning anytime soon and no way he stuck around after his deal was over.

What they've been doing the past 10 years simply isn't working. I'm fine with the rebuild.

Should have finished the build they were in with both Sale/Quintana. They were right to take what they got for Eaton. Rebuild...not rebuild. If you are offered that you take that. I think it was more about messaging Harper than the value they got. They were thinking about Harper and all other value considerations look small when you do that.