Mack or Miller

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
If you believe Garrett will be that level of player, which he projects to be, how on earth is he not the number one pick. There may be a solid QB but there are no future MVP candidates. Those two will both finish top 10 in MVP and are arguably top 10 players in the league. Let's hope Cleveland, Jac, and SF lose their minds and he falls to us.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you believe Garrett will be that level of player, which he projects to be, how on earth is he not the number one pick. There may be a solid QB but there are no future MVP candidates. Those two will both finish top 10 in MVP and are arguably top 10 players in the league. Let's hope Cleveland, Jac, and SF lose their minds and he falls to us.

He probably will be.

The Browns will have the 8 picks and a ton of other picks. They could literally trade to 3 and pick their QB.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
He probably will be.

The Browns will have the 8 picks and a ton of other picks. They could literally trade to 3 and pick their QB.

So the Browns trade back to three and either Jax or SF trade up to #1 and pass on Garrett? The OP is right, there will have to be massive amounts of stupid in front of the Bears for Garrett to fall to 4.

Or are you predicting the Bears will wind up at 3 and trade up to 1 for Garrett?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
So the Browns trade back to three and either Jax or SF trade up to #1 and pass on Garrett? The OP is right, there will have to be massive amounts of stupid in front of the Bears for Garrett to fall to 4.

Or are you predicting the Bears will wind up at 3 and trade up to 1 for Garrett?

The Browns could take Garrett at #1 and then use the #10 pick they have to trade up to #3 and get a QB too.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
The Browns could take Garrett at #1 and then use the #10 pick they have to trade up to #3 and get a QB too.

Going from 10 to 3 would cost any awful lot. Those top 5 picks are extremely pricey if draft value.

AussieBear

my only problem with taking an olb high.. is... whos sitting then? floyd or mcphee (saying they are healthy)

give me allen if youre taking d early..

unless you agree with letting mcphee get as fat as he wants and moving to de... then im okay with olb

im mean its like why draft fournette when you got howard right

who wants a projected mack, miller, bo jackson.. when you can have josh freeman... cause its a "NEED"

Culpfiction

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why not both???

120811-shows-106-and-park-mac-miller.png

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
my only problem with taking an olb high.. is... whos sitting then? floyd or mcphee (saying they are healthy)

unless you agree with letting mcphee get as fat as he wants and moving to de... then im okay with olb

who wants a projected mack, miller, bo jackson.. when you can have josh freeman... cause its a "NEED"

Good teams have mutliple pass rushers to keep them fresh. Floyd/Houston/Young/McPhee have all been out of games this year.

AussieBear

Good teams have mutliple pass rushers to keep them fresh. Floyd/Houston/Young/McPhee have all been out of games this year.

so.. howard has been hurt too.. might as well draft fournette.. plus, youll keep howard fresh..

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Agreed, but crazier shit has happened. Bosa fell to 3 last year when people thought he was the consensus #1 pick. Just depends how teams value the QBs at the top of the draft. The only way I see us getting Garrett is if we end up at the 3 spot and two QBs go 1 and 2 though.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

McPhee is a part timer. A team can never have too many pass rushers. If we get to the point where a fan even wonders if there are too many that is a serious rich people problem.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Going from 10 to 3 would cost any awful lot. Those top 5 picks are extremely pricey if draft value.

No doubt, but they've got a lot from picks trades last year. I think they have an additional second rounder this year, from Teneessee, plus their own second which will be number 33. They also have Philly's second rounder in 2018.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Having 3 rotational OLBs is a great thing to have we're pretty good at DE besides depth bullard cornwash are okay depth unrein is pretty crap maybe you pick up a guy like Lawrence Guy from Baltimore and get rid of unrein(Lawrence guy is a above average run stuffer). Keep Sutton at NT Mcphee is still a option at DE so you have a lot of moving parts for depth.

Tbh I don't understand why the jets best pass rushers come from the 3 inside positions they have crappy OLBs which is probably why they have a low Sack count this year(plus Darrelle revis's decline) I think you pass on allen I don't see a huge need I'd rather draft a OLB. Let's see how Fuller does but if he solidifies one CB position we're looking at needing only 1 cb, maybe a FS ball hawk for our secondary to be great.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Ps Hall looked very promising either at outside CB or at a Safety position perhaps ?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:

There is massive amounts of stupid in every draft. This is why guys like Leonard Williams and Aaron Donald fall as far as they do.