Matt Barkley Thread

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
Barkley is the answer.

The guy is smart with the ball and can make multiple reads. He has good touch on the football. He is far far better then Cutler. He is a leader. I took Barkley as the Bears giving up on the season. I think we found something by accident. Never thought I would be a Barkley fan but I quickly am becoming one.

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
If we are gonna give guys chances like that bum Cutler we might as well see what we have here. So far I like what I see from him.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Tap the brakes, but yes he looked good again. Let's see him play a solid D under pressure. That being said if he turns out to be the guy, this whole season is worth it.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Keep it to yourself

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
These meatball fans or coaches won't give him a long look, he doesn't even have any legit starters out there with him other than Howard.

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
While I am actually really surprised at how well he's played without some of our top weapons, I would like to see him play some better teams before I think about not drafting a QB with our first pick.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Let me just say that his accuracy is what it's impressing as well as his decision making and progression reads. I'm not saying he's Brady. But it's impressing to see because I didn't expect it. And it's been impressing since last game. This game was even more impressing in these conditions. He will fail at times. But it's limiting those errors. With that. Can't wait to see how he plays the rest of the way barring injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
At the very least he showed he can make difficult throws in inclimate weather. Not bad for a surfer.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
All Barkley has done is put an emphasis on "wtf Cutler"....

Barkley has shown he may get a shot at competing for a spot on a team without a QB....a shot only at this point....

Bears still need a QB.

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He will be given 4 more games barring injury to prove himself. He has the chance to make himself the likely starter next year if he can finish strong. All 4 remaining teams are fighting for playoff spots so he will get tested good. I will reserve judgment on Barkley until then.

billwade

Liked Posts:
Let me just say that his accuracy is what it's impressing as well as his decision making and progression reads. I'm not saying he's Brady. But it's impressing to see because I didn't expect it. And it's been impressing since last game. This game was even more impressing in these conditions. He will fail at times. But it's limiting those errors. With that. Can't wait to see how he plays the rest of the way barring injury.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're right, it's the accuracy that's making me want to watch him again next week. Many of barkley's medium-deep throws have been perfectly placed. It's hard enough to do that with no pass rush let alone in game conditions in a snowstorm.

On the other hand, maybe we're so used to jay throwing balls 10 feet over the receivers head or skipping worm burners into the dirt that any ball placed in the catch radius looks accurate to us.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
He is cool under pressure. He reads defenses. He leads WRs with his throws. He shows leadership. He makes multiple reads on pass plays. He is smart with the football. He takes sacks without fumbling. He, in his second start is out playing Cutler (the starter) by a mile. Sorry if this upsets anyone. I never ever ever expected Barkley to do anything. What I see is a young QB that I would take over any coming out in this years draft..

dbldrew

Liked Posts:
another good game from barkley. If he keeps playing like this we dont have to use our 1st on reaching for a QB, we can draft someone who kills QBs or Protects QBs and grab a developmantal QB round 2-4..

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
The truth of it is. Nobody has a fucking clue whether he's the answer or not. No QB Should be judged by the Chip Kelly circus. His sample size as a starting QB is far too small to judge. The bears will draft a QB next year regardless of how he plays the rest of the way.

That said I would not be surprised in the slightest if Barkley beats out a rookie in camp.