CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
At the very least, it's quite interesting. I never noticed/paid attention to that leg kick part.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also remember Dwight Howard saying that Rose always jumped off of one foot which causes him to get offbalance quicker.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I agree with this. Part of being durable is knowing how to land from a fall. Sometimes an injury is simply bad luck, but I think certain athletes know how to minimize risk. Part of it is being athletic enough to react to situations, part of it is being smart enough to avoid foreseeable situations. I played every sport I could, never suffered a major injury. Part of it was luck, but I think part of it was being involved in wrestling and gymnastics at a young age. Those sports helped me know how to fall without getting hurt.

I don't remember when I heard it, but I remember an interview with Bob McAdoo. He was either quoting from, or working with physical therapists, ots, and orthos on a study of injuries, and they found that if you focused on one main sport growing up, you were more susceptible to injuries.

For instance, in this case Rose would have only fully developed muscles for basketball. That's why I liked that the video talked about his high school days.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Serious question: would you pay $199 for a comfortable zip-up cardigan sweater, or is that price simply too high?

Depends on if there is a logo. Logos on my clothes is starting to bother me more and more.