Smaltz-Kero-Rasmussen

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Panarin-Smaltz-Kane
Hayden-Toews-Panik
Debricat-AA-Hossa
Hartman-Kero/Ras/Hino/Bondra/Motte/Baun/Forslin/FlyingHogsChance....

Hammer-Forsling
Keith-Rutta
Kempny-Rozy's defiled corpse/Pokka

I believe with Kruger and Seabrook both off the books they could pursue a center. Debricat and Hino have to be in the lineup. Points. Speed. Hayden/Bondra and Motte could add some pedigree. Thats 5 premiere prospects we haven't tried in the playoffs yet.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hmmmmmm....Oesterle is quite the offensive defenseman.

To start the season I would foresee something like this. Its not a bad team at all. Lots of questions on defense, but we have Crawford and can still put points up on 4 lines, imo. In hindsight with time to process the season, you know guys we just had two very very disappointing post-seasons in a row, and its a feeling most teams must live with annually. The Blues series was a great series, and we got edged out. But I think it hit us hard because we had Ladd and Fleshman and Weisz and should have been insurmountable and really went all in to mortgage future for that back-to-back defense. It was a crushing blow to lose to rivals. Then this year...not so much the way the team was playing that beat us is hard to swallow, as they were clicking on all cylinders, but nary a whimper from our vaunted club...but we were too young and too thin and in some places too old. It happened. The end has been shown to us, but I think players will respond and push back against father time, we have a fair chance to make a run in next 3 seasons. The dynasty is over but we have some special players and it would be great to steal just one more cup in the twilight here. Crow is good enough to do it. We can't ever be cocky again but we can compete and be there and get a lucky bounce or two. Just one more is the goal!! Its not impossible!!

Hyphens indicate position battles

Saad/Schmaltz-Toews-Panik new chemistry we saw vs old chemistry. Panik may not be perfectly safe here, but I think he has earned it and he showed up in playoffs.

Saad/Schmaltz/Hayden-AA- Saad with Kane will certainly be a temptation at some point. Smaltz or Sharp could be in play at times, and Hayden as power forward with ......................................................hands and net front and hitting may be dark horse to balance second line.

Hartman- Kero/Smaltz/Hino- Sharp

Hayden/Smaltz-Wingels/Kero/Hino-Jurco/Bouma/Hino

Good competitive camp. Hino and Jurco are going to be long shots for opportunity. Debricat and Forslin will have to blow the doors off to crack it as they are probably top 9 slots with nowhere to be, and Smatlz/Hartman in the way. If Hayden is as good as I think he is, then 3C, 4C, and 4RW become the only truly contested slots. We look like we will have a competent player there. I can see why Ras is gone, but not sure those guys bring what he does defenseivly.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hmmmmmm....Oesterle is quite the offensive defenseman.

To start the season I would foresee something like this. Its not a bad team at all. Lots of questions on defense, but we have Crawford and can still put points up on 4 lines, imo. In hindsight with time to process the season, you know guys we just had two very very disappointing post-seasons in a row, and its a feeling most teams must live with annually. The Blues series was a great series, and we got edged out. But I think it hit us hard because we had Ladd and Fleshman and Weisz and should have been insurmountable and really went all in to mortgage future for that back-to-back defense. It was a crushing blow to lose to rivals. Then this year...not so much the way the team was playing that beat us is hard to swallow, as they were clicking on all cylinders, but nary a whimper from our vaunted club...but we were too young and too thin and in some places too old. It happened. The end has been shown to us, but I think players will respond and push back against father time, we have a fair chance to make a run in next 3 seasons. The dynasty is over but we have some special players and it would be great to steal just one more cup in the twilight here. Crow is good enough to do it. We can't ever be cocky again but we can compete and be there and get a lucky bounce or two. Just one more is the goal!! Its not impossible!!

Hyphens indicate position battles

Saad/Schmaltz-Toews-Panik new chemistry we saw vs old chemistry. Panik may not be perfectly safe here, but I think he has earned it and he showed up in playoffs.

Saad/Schmaltz/Hayden-AA- Saad with Kane will certainly be a temptation at some point. Smaltz or Sharp could be in play at times, and Hayden as power forward with ......................................................hands and net front and hitting may be dark horse to balance second line.

Hartman- Kero/Smaltz/Hino- Sharp

Hayden/Smaltz-Wingels/Kero/Hino-Jurco/Bouma/Hino

Good competitive camp. Hino and Jurco are going to be long shots for opportunity. Debricat and Forslin will have to blow the doors off to crack it as they are probably top 9 slots with nowhere to be, and Smatlz/Hartman in the way. If Hayden is as good as I think he is, then 3C, 4C, and 4RW become the only truly contested slots. We look like we will have a competent player there. I can see why Ras is gone, but not sure those guys bring what he does defenseivly.
While he's earned it...no one showed up in the playoffs.

At this point you gotta figure that Saad/Toews/Panik is going to see 10+games. The only other way they'd go is Saad/Toews/Kane. The major issue that has plagued the 'hawks these past couple of seasons is that outside of a couple of players, The stars haven't been stars and Toews has been one that hasn't been a star. You gotta think that the 'hawks are going to do whatever it takes to sparkplug Toews (the argument about whether Toews should need a sparkplug based on the cash he's earning is a different argument). Panik was able to put up 22 goals with Toews and has probably been the most prolific right wing Toews has has outside of Kane or Hossa--and Hossa's not an option.

We know what Saad can do on Toews' left.

You have to figure that between Saad and Panik they have about 40 goals if not more between them both. If that doesn't sparkplug Toews then we're screwed.

Kane can hold his own--so putting him on his own line won't be an issue.

The only way this could really go tits-up is if Q mis-slots someone--like tries to play Sharp preemptively in the top-6 without the youth above him losing the slot or Sharp earning it.

Right now though, I think Saad/Toews/Panik is the go until they prove they don't work.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All that I know is that they have to figure out a scheme to get the puck into the attack zone when the other team presses the issue at their blue line. This was the reason why they lost that series. THeir penetration was denied as well as losing a helluva lot of 50/50 pucks which factored into those losses also. HOckey is a copy/cap league and they better figure out a way of countering this effectively in my opinion.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
All that I know is that they have to figure out a scheme to get the puck into the attack zone when the other team presses the issue at their blue line. This was the reason why they lost that series. THeir penetration was denied as well as losing a helluva lot of 50/50 pucks which factored into those losses also. HOckey is a copy/cap league and they better figure out a way of countering this effectively in my opinion.
They used to do that with speedy guys like Saad and sharp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Raskolnikov;2793240} Good competitive camp. Hino and Jurco are going to be long shots for opportunity. Debricat and Forslin will have to blow the doors off to crack it as they are probably top 9 slots with nowhere to be said:
I still cant get over them protecting Jurco. I guess it did not matter since they knew Vegas was taking Krueger or TVR.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The only possible other people to protect were Jurco or Ras, and Ras already turned down a contract offer.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think with Jurco they see a young skilled set of hands that can skate. If he can cut it at this level its with the Hawks on the first 3 lines.

Nothing I think that will ever get playoff ice, but certainly a valuable guy to be able to pull off the bench during the season for unexpected pairing needs with highly skilled players. He won't embarrass himself from a skills perspective. The things he can't do can be learned and grown into sometimes. So thats the hope. Conversely there is no way to give Rasmussen incredible hands. If Rasmussen had Jurco's hands the result would be a 6-10 milion dollar player. As it is they are both worthless minimums.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
They just figure the third line is going to get the third defensive pair or worse and putting scoring talent on that line is what keeps the first two lines from always getting the best defensive matchups. We saw hossa score alot even though he had a crutch with Krueger at center most nights.

Maybe it was just a confidence thing with Jurco. Going into the season knowing his was protected might help. Still see Fortin as someone that can play the top two lines so its just another guy in the way when they bring back the feel good guys.

We will see. Still expecting them to sign Campbell again to block any D advancements.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So now that things have shaken up and sort of settled...

Saad - Toews - Panik
Sharp/Schmaltz - AA - Kane
Sharp/Jurco - Kero - Hartman
Bouma/Wingels - Hayden/Hino - Hayden/Hino/Tootoo

I am thinking:

Saad - Toews - Panik
Sharp - AA - Kane
Schmaltz - Kero - Hartman
Bouma - Hayden - Hino

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So now that things have shaken up and sort of settled...

Saad - Toews - Panik
Sharp/Schmaltz - AA - Kane
Sharp/Jurco - Kero - Hartman
Bouma/Wingels - Hayden/Hino - Hayden/Hino/Tootoo

I am thinking:

Saad - Toews - Panik
Sharp - AA - Kane
Schmaltz - Kero - Hartman
Bouma - Hayden - Hino

I'm thinking
Schmaltz/AA/Kane
Saad/Toews/Panik
Sharp/Kero/Hartman
Wingels/Bouma/Jurco
Tootoo

Keith/Matt Guitar
Rutta/Seabrook
Goose/Kempny
Rosie

Crawford
Forsberg

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm thinking
Schmaltz/AA/Kane
Saad/Toews/Panik
Sharp/Kero/Hartman
Wingels/Bouma/Jurco
Tootoo

Keith/Matt Guitar
Rutta/Seabrook
Goose/Kempny
Rosie

Crawford
Forsberg

Idk how Hayden wouldn't be on our roster this year... he is young and easily looked like he belonged last year in his first NHL action.

Also, I agree with your top 2 lines, but I can just see Q not being willing to play Sharp outside the top 6 and therefore dropping Schmaltz down to the bottom 6 because of it.

Last, Idk what Jurco brings to the 4th line.... you want a line that grinds/hits.... Wingels/Bouma/Hino/Hayden seem perfect.... Jurco can spell the 3rd line or get a shot trying to spell the 2nd line LW, but I don't see the value to him on the 4th line. Kinda like Kris Versteeg.... wtf is the point of a guy like that on line 4?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Jurco has had positive results corsi and effort on those lines before but not scoring.

But that 4th Line has no center and Kero is more likely split out at that spot with a mix of some eighty to take faceoffs besides him like Wingels or Schmaltz.

If they want to see if Hayden cam play center he might get sent down otherwise he'll just be a winger in the mix.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
They just figure the third line is going to get the third defensive pair or worse and putting scoring talent on that line is what keeps the first two lines from always getting the best defensive matchups. We saw hossa score alot even though he had a crutch with Krueger at center most nights.

Maybe it was just a confidence thing with Jurco. Going into the season knowing his was protected might help. Still see Fortin as someone that can play the top two lines so its just another guy in the way when they bring back the feel good guys.

We will see. Still expecting them to sign Campbell again to block any D advancements.

As of right now, the Blackhawks have only offered Campbell a spot in the organization and not on the blueline. Also, what D advancements would a veteran be blocking at this point? If they can't play/beat out a veteran to be the #6 guy on a team, then might as well give them quality time in the AHL playing even, pp, pk, whatever until they are ready. Personally, I believe Pokka would get eaten alive at the NHL level and no one at the AHL level is (was) forcing the hand of the Blackhawks.