Line Science

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Franson and Tatar both in line up tonight.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I hope they keep Franson around.

his handling and blue line integrity has been leading to goals. He has been in on it seems about 25% of goals went through his point.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Franson does not appear on the roster or depth chart. Where are u getting this Franson info? Looks like his PTO was a bust.

Edit: Or maybe they are waiting until Hossa goes on LTIR to officially sign him and add to roster?

yeah...the PTO's weren't on there because they don't belong to us, but the others have been released and he remains in conversation.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
It's not that confusing, actually. If a player with a recapture risk contract retires, The cap penalty is the cap advantage granted to the team based on the net salary in the remaining years, minus the net cap hit in the remaining years, averaged over the remaining years.

In Hossa's case:
His cap hit and salary are the same throughout...so he's paid 1M. His cap hit is 5.275M. Thus 5.275M - 1M is 4.275M. Since the numbers are the same throughout, he retires any time in the next 4 seasons and the 'hawks take a 4.275M ding.

Keith's is much more complicated. In each year Keith's cap hit is $5,538,462, and he has 6 years left. In the following 6 years, he'll make in actual salary:

5M
4M
3.5M
2.65M
2.1M
1.5M

Now, through the next 6 years he'll make 33M and change. Each year making 5.538M less. So it works out as follows (approximately):

this year: 2.413M recapture if he retires
Next: 3.118M
3: 3.1M
4: 3.453M
5: 3.735M
6: 4.038M

Thus meaning the longer he plays (if his play hits a sharp decline) the worse it is *if* he retires.

~~~

As for Hoss, I think he's done but we don't know. We're speculating. Topping Mikita is possible and would be a good feather in his cap, but who knows.

All I am saying is we have seen plenty of NFL players say, its not worth the effort to play one last year for that small salary.

The biggest deal with this is that nobody ever knew about Hossa dealing with this skin condition his entire career. If we did I think there would be more understanding.

I am in no way saying that Hoss is being a prick and if telling us to fuck off for a million dollars, I have alot of problems with tone in my writing. The blackhawks got the value of a 9 million dollar player for 5 million with Hossa, same with keith for years. To understand that Hoss has dealt with this terrible skin condition and loved the game so much he put up with it for some 20 years, since it was always a problem, how can we expect him to continue for that little salary.

The NHL has banned these deals that gave cap room to the top teams with this "loophole". So they are frowning on any benefit it might give the hawks.

Its a shame the same might end up happening with Keith. Eventually man to man, Seabs is the highest paid dman on this team, its not right. Eventually you gotta think it might cause problems and even Duncan Keith might make this choice in those late years when he is still playing at the level of a top d man.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
his handling and blue line integrity has been leading to goals. He has been in on it seems about 25% of goals went through his point.

Last night Oesterle stood at the blue line leading to the 2nd goal. The PP goal was just a wicked tip in. No defending that. Franson looked pretty good IMO. I think he makes the final roster.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Last night Oesterle stood at the blue line leading to the 2nd goal. The PP goal was just a wicked tip in. No defending that. Franson looked pretty good IMO. I think he makes the final roster.

I think so too, and I won't mind seeing him stay for the year.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
All I am saying is we have seen plenty of NFL players say, its not worth the effort to play one last year for that small salary.

The biggest deal with this is that nobody ever knew about Hossa dealing with this skin condition his entire career. If we did I think there would be more understanding.

I am in no way saying that Hoss is being a prick and if telling us to fuck off for a million dollars, I have alot of problems with tone in my writing. The blackhawks got the value of a 9 million dollar player for 5 million with Hossa, same with keith for years. To understand that Hoss has dealt with this terrible skin condition and loved the game so much he put up with it for some 20 years, since it was always a problem, how can we expect him to continue for that little salary.

The NHL has banned these deals that gave cap room to the top teams with this "loophole". So they are frowning on any benefit it might give the hawks.

Its a shame the same might end up happening with Keith. Eventually man to man, Seabs is the highest paid dman on this team, its not right. Eventually you gotta think it might cause problems and even Duncan Keith might make this choice in those late years when he is still playing at the level of a top d man.
This is the NHL, where you got guys like Jagr, Chelios, Howe, etc. That are love the game so much they will play into their 40's (or 50's) and be viable. Hell, Timmonen, too.

It's no comparison to the NFL where they play a watered down version of Rugby for maybe 15 minutes a game, and spend the other 45 standing around doing nothing. Yawn.

If Hossa hangs them up, fine. But his skin condition is documented and it's not the Gunk, it's the treatment that is keeping him out this season. The NHL isn't singling in on the 'hawks. There are quite a few players with recapture risk deals. We just happen to have 2 players that have them.

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk