Line Science

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You said this just because you know any comment with the word Hossa in it gets a "thanks" from Tater didn't you....

Hossa.
Nope, but in his tenure with the 'hawks how many times have we seen Hoss bail out FWDs and D-men alike--including our top players?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hino-Kruger-Hossa
Hartman-kero/Ras/Hayden-Jurco

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My new favorite.

Smaltz-Toews-Panik
Panarin-AA-Kane
Hino/Hartman/Jurco/Shulanov/Forslin/Debricat/Bondra/Ras-Hayden/Kero/Kruger/Ras-Hossa
Des/TooToo/

I guess the Hawks will just hold open competition. We have 3LW and 3C still open for competition. I don't know that anyone is ruled out yet. This is why I would have liked to see Bowman consolidate some talent. He flushed the rockford blocked guys who aren't even at the level of those above. I would have liked to see some hard work to turn 6 bottom 6 guys into 2 for sure 3rd line skill guys for Hossa.

But I guess I see the extreme need for patience. The guys you could trade ARE THOSE GUYS in a year or two...and so are the talent behind them.

Hartman/Hino/Shalunov/Jurco are right there at that level.

Ras and Kero are good depth fill-ins when better guys go down, but not quite what you are always searching for.

Forslin/Bondra/Debricat/Hayden if anything are just as exciting as Motte/Hino/Hartman/Smatlz

I can't believe how bright the future is. Teuvo I would like to re-visit after he becomes a strong little Finnish man about 28-30 years old. His time will come. He will be a nightmare. Same with Jurco, who we are getting at the right age imo...I think he gets overwhelmed by the competition he is facing and his current form this year, but works his way out of Rockford to contribute next year in a 4th line with Hino.

I'm praying to god right now that Vegas just takes Kruger from us. The writing is on the wall this year that he won't even be able to hold a roster spot much longer. there is wave after wave of NHL ready talent converging on this Hawks team. I will be shocked if we can't get 1 or 2 in the next 3 years. I think we are just philosophically ahead of the rest of the league. They aren't getting it, and now the real dynasty will begin.

You thought the league was tired of us?

Get ready for the 3-peat out right. Hockey gods forever. 2017, 2018, 2019...calling it now. Going to revolutionize the league definitively. The Canadian fans are going to go insane.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Oddidles won't play til next Thursday, gives him and Hammer time to mind meld

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oddidles won't play til next Thursday, gives him and Hammer time to mind meld

Why not this Fri. or Sat.?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why not this Fri. or Sat.?
Still probably a bit injured. They said the Hawks were allowed to talk to the Dallas team doctor, probably rushed him to play the one game a bit to showcase him off.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fingers crossed barring injury, but only a couple position battles are left.

Smaltz-Toews-Panik

SUPERpak

Hino/Hartman-Hayden/Kero-Hossa

Desjardins-Kruger-Hino/Hartman

13. Kero/Jurco/Hayden
14. Rasmussen/Jurco/Hayden

I haven't seen signs Jurco is beating out baby Hino who isn't even here...but Hino produces on every single line you put him on. If all he is is the wheels for Des/Kruger he is still another class above anything else we put there. Sure some games Rasmussesn might be a better match-up...I'm still waiting Jurco the Wizard. Fight somebody off a puck man. Get your glutes into it.

The loser of Kero/Hayden may be in the mix if Desjardins seat becomes hot. I'm not sure if he is safe or not but he seems to be ratcheting up his game and making plays that flip the ice again.

For my money I am picking Hayden because he gives us an ingredient we don't have enough of. Grit and power with speed and decent offense.

I prefer Hino and Hossa, but I'm not against Hartman being the missing ingredient because it would be fun to watch Hossa play with Hartman and Hayden getting into it with the other team.

and as we have pointed out, Hino's best fit is anywhere. He might be the guy that can still produce on the 4th with Des-Krug whereas that turns Hartman into too much of a gritty 4th liner and limits his points.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow....line science got messed up.

This Hayden thing is going to force two scenarios.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly...I think Q can finally do what he probably always wanted to do. Total line madness. That is to our advantage. Let them guess and shuffle...we can go rotation madness and just throw that wrinkle at people. We will be used to playing that way...whereas they either have to just accept differing matchups or change what they are doing to match us.

With Hayden/Smatz/Hino/Ras/Des having centering experience, it just makes it crazier when a center goes down and I feel like we win most of these line jumble games (to be fair we win most games)

So the new line science...is controlled chaos. We have Q's fav's, and at this point with the youth its just kinda exciting to meet the new line, the new girl and play and have fun. Making the playoffs that much more interesting when the stakes take decision making to legit tactical levels rather than playing around.

Rather than trying to find the 4 best lines, as others have pointed out previously, where we are headed as a club is multiple in game adjustments to fuck with the other team, shake Kane free of matchups and use some of our other strengths like speed and endurance in multiples and to greater ice time effect. We have so many players who turn the ice as either passers, handlers, skaters, or defenders. We don't care how you do it, just that you do it. Turn the ice. After points, turning the ice has to be the next asset. Even a target like Vermette....ice turner. faceoffs. What skill do you have that turns the ice?

Desjardins- passing and stealing. working the boards.
Hossa- God. Every way.
Toews- Faceoffs, defense, skating, stealing, finishing, handling,
Kane- handling, finishing, passing, skating,
Hino-skating, passing, handling

I mean I'm sure every team trys to get them. But it just seems the Blackhawks love guys that have multiple ways to turn the ice. we play on a tilted rink and we are nearing a point where we have 12 guys who are all ice turners individually. Even Haydens college tape...he turns the ice all by himself. Hossa. Toews. Kane. Panarin. AA. Hino.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But who is the starter at each position. I think some are set, and others still may have a question mark...even if its a surprise it became a ? recently.

/ marks designate a position battle still in progress.

Smaltz/Hayden/Hossa/Hartman/Hino-Toews-Panik (Smatlz has won his top 6 place outright, unless he offers more value at 3C...it would be him WINNING 3C not losing 1LW. If they made that move to 3 C I think it would open Q emotionally to the chaos 5 way battle, which is a good reason not to do it)
SuperPAK
Hayden/Hartman/Hino-Kero/Hino/Hayden/Smatlz/Kruger-Hossa/Hartman (If Hossa ended up jumping to 1, I think Hartman instantly becomes a permanent member of 3 Hayden or no Hayden)
Desjardins/Ras-Kruger/Kero/Hino-Hartman/Hayden/TooToo/Ras

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've yet to see something that would pull me off a playoff projection of

Smaltz Toews Panik

superPAK

Hartman-Hino-Hossa

Desjardins-Kruger-Hayden

but if its Kero instead of hino I understand, or Hino instead of Hayden. Jurco would have to produce to beat out a Desjardins.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Final answer.

Oh Smaltz!-Panic- Tasered

Bread Man- AA DRINKS YOU - Butter

Hartman- Kero - Here have a Hossa

Hino/Des/Jurco Kruger Hayden/Ras in those orders.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I like my final answer above better than Q. I think that fourth for me was Des Kruger Ras in game one to hold team continuity from the past.

After this series has played out, and the way we are taking a beat down to the point guys can't skate or pass, I would shake things up in game 4. Get Toews maximum protection because Smatlz is a pussy. This is the best balance I can propose for what we are dealing with.

Hayden-Toews-Panik
Superpak
Desjardins-Smaltz-Hossa
Hartman-Kruger-Ras

I think we need 4 lines out there carrying weight, because of the physical toll on our guys, and the short shifts, and building a 4th that sucks completely isn't helping us.

Superpak is the one getting fucked because their enforcer isn't himself. I don't know what to do about that, there isn't really an answer other than putting Kruger there. Or Desjardins? lol. Ras?

Hayden is big and young, unleash him. Rasmussen scored because he is one of the few not physically overmatched out there, to the point he could at least function the tiniest bit without being jittery.

We are playing like rape victims out there.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's gonna be Panarin-Toews-Kane on the top line for sure Thursday night.
Maybe that will snap Toews' 683:15 playoff goal drought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Right...I just didn't want to admit to myself Anisimov is going to be out.

72-19-88

Hossa-Smaltz-Panik

Hartman-Kero-Hayden

Hino-Kruger-Rasmussen

Keith-Forsling

Hammer-TVR

Kempny-Seabs

is how I would play it.

Q needs to trust the youth and just see if they have it in them to save us. Cuz the vets did not.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

72-19-88

Hossa-Smaltz-Panik

Hartman-Kero-Hayden

Hino-Kruger-Rasmussen

Keith-Forsling

Hammer-TVR

Kempny-Seabs

is how I would play it.

Q needs to trust the youth and just see if they have it in them to save us. Cuz the vets did not.

You really think Forsling could carry Keith? I don't even think Bobby Orr in his prime could carry Keith the way he's been playing.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ha.

That's about giving Keith wheels and workrate so he can stay home and do the offense and vet smart stuff. I haven't been a fan of our old with an old all season. Split up the big 3. Get Oblewya the fuck out. Campbell the fuck out. Put some young legs out there.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

72-19-88

Hossa-Smaltz-Panik

Hartman-Kero-Hayden

Hino-Kruger-Rasmussen

Keith-Forsling

Hammer-TVR

Kempny-Seabs

is how I would play it.

Sit Anisimov and put in Forsling and Kempny...yea, that's gonna help the Blackhawks.