Line Science

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, We have 2 working lines...and that's about it.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, We have 2 working lines...and that's about it.

yeah, but Hossa has played well with Hino which is something. They scored together with Toews, they scored together in the HHH, and now with Kero they had like a 10 point game with assists and goals all tallied.

That Hino-Hossa pairing has some wings and makes some sense.

Hartman adds some grit to double down on Toews, and if Panik can and Toews can just give us a damn 1/2 point a game combined I would be happy with it if they are holding a positive.

We still overwhelm bad teams, but don't have the depth to go with the elite. We are close, Bowman will add something. Likely one more scoring forward at center or left wing would make this team click.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
yeah, but Hossa has played well with Hino which is something. They scored together with Toews, they scored together in the HHH, and now with Kero they had like a 10 point game with assists and goals all tallied.

That Hino-Hossa pairing has some wings and makes some sense.

Hartman adds some grit to double down on Toews, and if Panik can and Toews can just give us a damn 1/2 point a game combined I would be happy with it if they are holding a positive.

We still overwhelm bad teams, but don't have the depth to go with the elite. We are close, Bowman will add something. Likely one more scoring forward at center or left wing would make this team click.
My point was that the 3rd and 4th lines carried everyone else's carcass to victory last night.

Right now the top 2 lines and the D are the biggest problem the 'hawks currently have...followed by not giving Crawford a break. He looks like he could use one.

And Colorado was far from overwhelmed.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My point was that the 3rd and 4th lines carried everyone else's carcass to victory last night.

Right now the top 2 lines and the D are the biggest problem the 'hawks currently have...followed by not giving Crawford a break. He looks like he could use one.

And Colorado was far from overwhelmed.

They are one of the few fully healthy teams in the league right now. If this Hawks squad with just Kruger out faces all but the 5 most complete teams in the league we probably have a depth advantage.

When Smaltz and Hartman are contributing it shouldn't surprise anyone as they have the pedigree that it should be the expectation. I'll take them over some of the guys other teams are forced to play due to injury this time of year as they search all the farms for a root plant.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They are one of the few fully healthy teams in the league right now. If this Hawks squad with just Kruger out faces all but the 5 most complete teams in the league we probably have a depth advantage.

When Smaltz and Hartman are contributing it shouldn't surprise anyone as they have the pedigree that it should be the expectation. I'll take them over some of the guys other teams are forced to play due to injury this time of year as they search all the farms for a root plant.
I'm not concerned about the depth, I'm concerned about the core. Getting Hoss away from Toews helps.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not concerned about the depth, I'm concerned about the core. Getting Hoss away from Toews helps.

I think its the only way to build 3 lines now. Toews requires Hartmans distraction so he isn't the grittiest Hawk on the ice when he skates and can act like a hard nosed captain and not a policeman.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Panik with Toews has done that and fits that bill already for a grittier linemate.

There's talk Sharp may be on the trade block if Dallas feels like selling at the deadline, that'd be beautifully hilarious and interesting to see if Stan trades for him with retained salary to fit for the push.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Panik with Toews has done that and fits that bill already for a grittier linemate.

There's talk Sharp may be on the trade block if Dallas feels like selling at the deadline, that'd be beautifully hilarious and interesting to see if Stan trades for him with retained salary to fit for the push.

Not sure how I'd feel about Sharp. He was on the third line for the 2015 Cup win and isn't getting any younger.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Vanek or Sharp or TVR all interest Bowman.

Any centers or you think we feel fine about Desjardins, Hino, Smaltz, Kero, or Rasmusen doing it?

Getting Richards and Sharp would be the best thing. Or Vermette may even be sold if Anaheim slips any.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Vermette is tied up for years and not a chance Anaheim is selling.

Hanzal of Arizona is the top Ufa middle 6 center on the market but they're probably hoping for a trade offer like Vermette got. I'd only want to see a swing that way if they could maybe go big and add a stoll young guy with a down year in Duclair. He has the skill and wheels to be a helping fit as a top 6 lw piece.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
We should just start making trades with vegas for future considerations since this season is already over and we've missed the playoffs.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think some pairings have materialized.

Hino-Hossa (speed-speed, unselfish-selfish, small-big, defense-offense, forecheck-forecheck) This should be ideal with Toews but I don't think so. Something isn't right, and I think its that Hino is small and Hossa is old. This leads to Toews being the warrior, not the skilled hockey player. He plays himself out of the game trying to do too much.

Teuvo would have been perfect to be honest with ourselves. Damn...that would have been something. Maybe Rasmussen or Desjardins should get a shot at the spot, or Smaltz actually is the most Teuvo center we have. For now Kero is the man.....doing well with it. The stats guys will have to tell me how that is going.

Hartman-Toews seems to be a thing. I like Toews-Panik because Panik is a goon, and it helps Toews not to be. Hartman is also irritible and draws attention. That line sorta shares net front. They shut down Bergeron, that is enough for me to give it an extended look.

The other one that bounces and has been noticable at parts of the season is the Desjardins-Rasmussen connection, which is what makes me speculate at slotting Kruger between HH, to win possession and take defensive load baring off Hossa.

I think this line is going to solidy the structure we can trade into. Bowman and Q are syncronized once again this time of year.

Hartman-Toews-Panik (please work)
Best line in Hockey History (lol?)
Hino-3C-Hossa
Desjardins-?-Rasmussen-?

I don't think we balance better than this, but that first line needs to work. We can trade.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well..I was against HHH at first, but that is always an option too if Toews-Panik is a thing but Hartman doesn't quite fit Panik. Because I think Hartman fits Toews rather well.
Hartman-Toews-Panik
Pan-AA-Kane
Hinostroza-Kero-Hossa (you know...I really liked Kero last year for a while, and he is playing well with those two, probably going to pause Bowman about dishing defensive prospects and a Smaltz/Baun/Motte/Ras package for 3C)
Desjardins-Kruger-Motte/Ras/Smaltz/TooToo/Baun (Hartman in the mix if trade for 1LW that matches Toews-Panik)

Its entirely possible we are looking at a solidified 12 we haven't seen much of in the Q era. There are reasons it becomes difficult to depart from this if you think about it.
It would SHOCK ME if Bowman doesn't deal 3-5 defenseman for 1-2 forwards and some minor league forwards thrown in. But I have to take them at their word and with the rumors that they are thinking about standing pat. With Kero/Smaltz/Rasmussen/Motte/TooToo already battling for just 2 spots with Krugers return...damn...3 spots if you include Desjardins, but I think Desjardins is one of those we can count on to elevate in playoffs as well.

How is Baun doing down there? Looking at his numbers and comparing to Kero...maybe being compassionate that their isn't forward support in Rockford right now...Baun is a prospect and worth a look at 4RW at some point this season.

Mark McNeil has the most total combined teams points (23) out of Kero/Smaltz/Baun/Motte/Hartman/Hino (while Hino/Hart lead the points coming from Blackhawks games) its Kero/McNeil doing the most damage in Rockford so far with Baun close behind.

That is going to be 1LW, maybe 3C. Kero is running with 3C. Smaltz is right there to challenge already. 1LW and dropping Hartman to make a strong 4RW is maybe our best move if HKH keeps going.

Hartman then gets pushed to 3rd or 4th which is a strengthening of the bottom 6 for sure, even if its just that 4RW role.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The game I just saw would pair out like this.

Smaltz-Toews-Panik (Panik is the next guy)
Bread Man-AA drinks you-"Needs AA"
Bridgeport-Kero-Hossa
Hartman-Kruger-Desjardins

My prediction. I don't think the move from Desjardins was accident, but actually preparation to look at this grouping before the deadline. Desjardins flipped wings wit the inclusion of Smaltz, which sets up one of the few moves Q can make.

He may not tinker, and we get Hartman-Toews-Panik, with Smaltz-Kruger-Desjardins/Ras for the remainder of season.

The only reason I say that, is because I think we will win

6 of the next 8.

Then split with McJesus in the Away/Home double header rest week, then come back and win 2 of next 4, for an 9 of 14 win stretch, with 2 additional OT losses, giving us 83 points on March 1st.

Probably Bowman is always open to upgrades for minor league guys, so it would be shocking if they don't make a move for 1LW that will push Desjardins or Smaltz or Kero out of the lineup after Kruger pushes out Rasmussen I predict.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hino-Toews-Hossa
Pan-AA-88
Hartman-Smaltz-Panik
Desjardins-Kruger-Rasmusen

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pan-Toews-Hossa
Panik-AA-88
Hartman-Smaltz-Hino
Desjardins/TooToo-Kruger-Rasmusen

ETA: Pan/Kane would still play together on the PP.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Panik and Kane didn't work together ever when tried, it's kanes worst corsi partner. I'd swip swap Hartman and panik

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Panik and Kane didn't work together ever when tried, it's kanes worst corsi partner. I'd swip swap Hartman and panik

Even better. Do this, and watch the magic.