Might actually be a close one...

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The current Bulls are under performing, IMHO, due to a weak coaching staff. Not just Hoiberg, but the lack of top tier specialty coaches to do all of the things that a good head coach normally gets credit for.

Given the right coaching for either team, I'm going to go with team 1 in a best of 7, because team 2 NOW in 2016-17 all have serious injury restrictions on how hard they actually can play.

stevethacreator

Liked Posts:
This team has a tough time finishing strong, they're inconsistent. I'm at the point where I'm tired of us having to play catch-up in the second half. I've got the same sentiment where we don't have the coaching staff this season. Will we be a .500 team...? Ask me in Spring. What I've seen is our two guarding positions are thin and MCW coming back to play against the Pacers might help. I really wish Hoiberg felt comfortable starting some rookies, at this point I would NOT mind giving Denzel Valentines some starting minutes. When we've got our starters playing stagnant ball, we expect our bench players to come off, but we have Nikolai playing inconsistent ball, Dougie's still riding the pine after showing some flashes of being a gunner for us at the 3, Grant had some moments, and I don't know what it is about Bobby, but I want him in the game for energy. Not to mention Jimmy's averaging over 30+ minutes a game, and I know he wants to be out there and ball, but he's disappearing in the fourth. This game against the Spurs from what little I watched, D-Wade's the one trying to light a fire in the games. We are not in the right mindset to make a playoff run, like at all and it's showing.

EDIT: And to answer your question, it's close...I'd take Team 2, depends if that's the 2014-15 Bulls that made a run to the ECF. :l

AussieBear

prime vs prime it would be close in a 7 game series. wade could carry a team.. rondo would steal a game.. butler would be a good side kick to a prime wade for sure..

but id still roll with a mvp rose, dpoy noah and a end of mem, beginning of la all star gasol...

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The serious question is who is the coach? The Wade bulls would win if Hoiberg was not coaching them. Derrick would be too busy trying to show up rondo and leave the rest of the team out of the offense, but putting Butler on that Rose team and its a win for the rose team.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why does team 2 not get Butler?

But assuming this is basically 15-16 Bulls vs 16-17 Bulls, idk why team 1 wouldn't win.

czman

Liked Posts:
Team 2 has better shooting from the 3 and 4 spot. I also don't understand why Butler is not the starting SG on team 2.

The Bulls team lacks consistent outside shooting and in the current NBA, that is a recipe for losing more games than you win. The Bulls are 15-16 through 31 games. I still think the Bulls finish with around 39 wins. Vegas has the over/under at 38.5 to start the season. That is what this teams talent it. Sub 500, bounced in the first round or pray on some lottery balls. A different coach may get 2 more wins out them, but they are still basically a 500 or below team.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's not a 2015-16 vs 2016-17 Bulls. It's a comparison of players we have now versus players that we let go/walk/traded.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not a 2015-16 vs 2016-17 Bulls. It's a comparison of players we have now versus players that we let go/walk/traded.
Ha...right you are. I hadn't realized we basically let the entire starting lineup go in the offseason.

Still, my answer does not change. At their relative levels of play currently or even last season, team 1 is theoretically better.

czman

Liked Posts:

Not sure why Snell, Brooks, Hinrich are not listed then. If we are talking the garbage that left v the garbage that was brought in. I would take the garbage that left. Gibson and Butler were here before, so I am not sure how we can add them to one team in this hypothetical game and not the other.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Both teams are owned by Reinsdorf and run by Gar Pax with Hoiberg and his staff coaching them..
So, easily both teams suck...

It would be one of those games when it over you'll be like what the hell did I just watch ..
Wasted 2 hours watching garbage basketball

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Who cares? This is Reinny and his fucking incompetence as an employer of a GM/HC .

AussieBear

run a 2k sim best of seven and find out what the computer/consoles thinks about it..