IGt: Jets @ Blackhawks 12/7 at 7:30 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
We're baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

giphy.gif

16-17-3, 35 points, t-10th place in Western Conference

@

giphy.gif

22-9-5, 49 points, 1st place in Western Conference

Puckdrop - 7:30 p.m.
TV - CSN Chicago
Radio - WGN AM 720
Webstream - Available at CSNChicago.com (cable subscription required)

After playing something that only loosely resembled hockey on December 23 against the Avalanche, the Hawks get back to the ice tonight and face another team that has been their nemesis for much of the last few seasons. In two games against the Jets this year the Hawks have been unable to earn a point, including a 4-0 whitewash in Winnipeg during November. The Jets seem to struggle against just about everyone else as their record indicates. After the rest of the holiday break, it's time for the Hawks to start moving this one-sided rivalry back to the middle.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Here's hoping for a better skater effort this game.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Any Anisimov or Hoss tonight?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Lines from this morning via Powers twitter:

Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Hartman-Toews-Hinostroza
Rasmussen-Kruger-Panik
Desjardins-Kero-Motte-Tootoo

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Hawks are getting fucking rekt.... they should be embarassed

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They just can't beat these baztids.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets talk next level voodoo brain chemistry strategy at Jedi War level, not Yoda but something closer to the force than my 18 month decent into madness,

Suppose your goal was to beat the Blues in the playoffs. It was your mission. And you weren't just going to train hard, coach hard, study hard, and develop a system of hockey that takes the league by storm. Ok..check. But then you want to go next level psychological warfare. That is when you pick a weird shitty team that nobody respects, and you decide to confuse the league by putting out a bizzaro book of how to beat you. Teams will study those games where the Jets and Blues seem to be the only team with a Blue Print for how to beat you. Whenver you play those two in person you change yourselves for every meaningless game all year. You don't act yourselves. You establish a strange blueprint for what you are, and how to beat you. Then you spring your system on them again in the Playoffs, they feel your full force, your way, as a damnation team of epic stubbornness that gives no goal easy, and can shut you down any time they want, as soon as it means something. The Jets? Blueprint squad. I'm just saying everyone is going to study this blueprint for clues...and if we knew that going in, and wanted it, than we write this story of dominance 3-1, 4-0, hmmmm those are some games others will take a look at and study...what are they doing against this, why does it work for them.

You write this script in all season and play certain games in the blueprint you want to write, while the rest you all know you are focused on honing this system. Getting ready to throw the shut down switch and get physical.

It doesn't matter how we play, its the muscle memory of playing a way and learning a system that translates itself the best when the defense gets switched on to physical. We play the softest hockey all year because teams all want to get into it with us, and we are immune to taking the bate. We put up with alot, and make teams respect us on the ice with a power play they don't want to give us, and a voodoo style penalty kill. It trips teams out, they settle down and play hockey, where we are better than most of the league.

My nearly last penultimate after thought line is
Panarin-"AA drinks you"-Kaner
Hartman-Tazer-Panik
Motte-Hinostrosa-Hossa
Desjardins-Kruger-Rasmusin

When Hossa turns it on he can carry a line offensively. Motte is responsible and Hino is unpredictable leading to good action from the HHH line. Kruger and rasmusin and desjardins can shut you down. Hartman is an irreplacable engine for this team, while Motte picks his spots. Hino gets the best two way forward to carry him, and the best offensive of the prospects . Toews gets the spirited compadre workhorse and the athlete in Panik too. Its not about Toews and Kane as much as giving Panik a better pairing than Hino or Kruger. This is how I am deciding the team needs to shake out to win it all. If the 4th line gets anything teams are doomed, but I don't like if Kruger and Desjardins kill two lines offensively.

If you can upgrade Motte-Hinostroza or Rasmusen at deadline you do it. If they are included the other way but you find a better fit for this year you do it. 3a. 3b. or 4c. I think this 12 can do it if Crow is on, and the have a switch along with Tazer.

Tonight was bad, this team has shown problems all year but never been healthy enough or sure enough of fits to get to this formation of 12. I'm certain this is the best tetris currently available.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Know da Rask.... fear da Rask

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kane, outside of his assist, played like congealed buttsweat. I can't freaking believe how he not only let Buff pick his pocket, but stood there, thumb up his ass, and let Buff beat him in a footrace on a breakaway. With the way Crawford bailed his balding ass out Kane should have to be carrying his luggage on this three-game roadtrip.

And let's be honest here as well, I think both he and Toews should have to start carrying Panarin, Hossa, and Anisimov's luggage as well.