Panarin signs multi-year extension

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Per everyone on Twitter.

Waiting for the numbers and this will almost certainly cost people to be moved, but they've got one of the best young stars locked up past this season. It's a good day.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im gonna guess 6x 7.5

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was wrong.

Panarin gets 2×6, does this keep him in RFA staus after contract is up

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's confuzzled if its RFA or UFA still but probably UFA.

But it's taking him still cheap enough to help and right up to what already looked like the edge of the cup window.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
HW is really good in the UFA and RFA stuff, so hopefully he'll chime in.

I'm surprised they got him to go for a bridge deal. Thought he'd go for the home run deal now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
To be fair he's said he never came to North America for money, after that monster year in the KHL he probably could of cashed in much more than even the 3mil he got from all his bonus money. Ilya Kovalchuk makes like 10-15Mil a season depending on the Ruble exchange rate. Panarin wouldn't of got that since he didn't have the name recognition but he'd probably of been given 6Mil equivalent then and there.

What I didn't really think of until mentioned, it does factor into the potential of Hossa being retired/injured off the cap by that season.

RVB2

Liked Posts:
Excellent, I thought he was gonna go for the home run

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Champagne. I have nightly anxiety about this, now its done. Doesn't effect the cap this year to extend?

Goes into effect and solved immediately if Kruger is going to Vegas and cap goes up a million. You have to assume with the Blackhawks they will take the biggest name they can get, especially a shut down defensive center to man the 3rd and 4th lines.

If that price tag for a 4th liner frightens them into TVR, its no big loss either. Blackhawks are in great shape, and its either lose a bad contract or go with young defense we look to have a wealth spring of.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To be fair he's said he never came to North America for money, after that monster year in the KHL he probably could of cashed in much more than even the 3mil he got from all his bonus money. Ilya Kovalchuk makes like 10-15Mil a season depending on the Ruble exchange rate. Panarin wouldn't of got that since he didn't have the name recognition but he'd probably of been given 6Mil equivalent then and there.

What I didn't really think of until mentioned, it does factor into the potential of Hossa being retired/injured off the cap by that season.
Considering how close Hossa is to surpassing Stan Mikita for the most goals scored by a Slovak-born player, if he doesn't hit this year I don't think he'll Pronger himself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Panarin should be a UFA at the end of this deal I believe.

A good deal for both sides. They realized the situation and made it work for now. Blackhawks will have some work to do after this year, then in two years, and hell probably in between. This cap situation likely isn't going away anytime soon.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Considering how close Hossa is to surpassing Stan Mikita for the most goals scored by a Slovak-born player, if he doesn't hit this year I don't think he'll Pronger himself.

Not this offseason no. But next year he makes 1 mil and goes through that year getting little checks. What about then, how's he feeling or the year after that again which is what that offseason will be.

This was the area he signed his future retirement setup plan 7 years ago

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Monster O

Liked Posts:
I'm guessing Bowman will try and figure out how to get out of the seabrook contract. Possibly send him to Vegas.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm guessing Bowman will try and figure out how to get out of the seabrook contract. Possibly send him to Vegas.

While a possibility, Seabrook would have to waive his no-movement clause to be exposed to the expansion draft. It's that way with just about every player making over $4m AAV on this team, which only adds to the complications.

I think one big takeaway from this deal is that we probably have a set time for the closing of the Blackhawks current "window." After the 2019 season, they'll need to sign Panarin, Kruger, and Hjalmarsson all to new deals. That'll be a rough one.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not this offseason no. But next year he makes 1 mil and goes through that year getting little checks. What about then, how's he feeling or the year after that again which is what that offseason will be.

This was the area he signed his future retirement setup plan 7 years ago

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk
It's a possibility, of course. Granted if he keeps ticking and the cap works, no reason for him to Pronger himself.
While a possibility, Seabrook would have to waive his no-movement clause to be exposed to the expansion draft. It's that way with just about every player making over $4m AAV on this team, which only adds to the complications.

I think one big takeaway from this deal is that we probably have a set time for the closing of the Blackhawks current "window." After the 2019 season, they'll need to sign Panarin, Kruger, and Hjalmarsson all to new deals. That'll be a rough one.
Same with Crawford and every core player; they all have an NMC and at least a L-NTC.

A trade with Vegas could be plausible, though: Seabrook and Crawford (among others) would be far better than they could get via expansion. You'd have to think a core piece in exchange for thier draft pick(s) and possibly assets they acquire via expansion could be doable.

Still plausible (if unlikely) that it can be done with just Kruger gone.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Per everyone on Twitter.

Waiting for the numbers and this will almost certainly cost people to be moved, but they've got one of the best young stars locked up past this season. It's a good day.

Yep. He is one of the top ten players right now in the NHL.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Z9GwqYY8RL8w1BTed11q_dont_you_say_that_billy_madison.gif

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Awesome.

All hail Stanbow

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

I had no idea he was actually born there. I always thought he was Canadian of Slovak decent. Interesting.