I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
in reality we still don't know if hoiberg's style of play will work or not due to the roster makeup. bringing in wade to play alongside jimmy was a mistake. and there was no point in bringing in rondo when you have to heavy ISO ball players in butler and wade. its all just a massive bad fit. ive never been a fan of hoiberg, I didn't like the hire from the start, but he has never been given a chance with the rosters he has been given. that said, George karl is not the answer, nor is mark Jackson, or a larry brown. the reality is we are stuck in the middle of the pack in nowhereland and watching putrid basketball to boot. they have no assets outside of jimmy butler, and even what he would get you back isn't that exciting.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
in reality we still don't know if hoiberg's style of play will work or not due to the roster makeup. bringing in wade to play alongside jimmy was a mistake. and there was no point in bringing in rondo when you have to heavy ISO ball players in butler and wade. its all just a massive bad fit. ive never been a fan of hoiberg, I didn't like the hire from the start, but he has never been given a chance with the rosters he has been given. that said, George karl is not the answer, nor is mark Jackson, or a larry brown. the reality is we are stuck in the middle of the pack in nowhereland and watching putrid basketball to boot. they have no assets outside of jimmy butler, and even what he would get you back isn't that exciting.

I was totally wrong about Rondo. I thought that he'd be perfect for Hoiberg's offense but with the two stars of the team, he is pretty wasted and they should try and get what they can for him.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/12/28...rdan-endorsed-scottie-pippen-to-sonics-trade/

You might know Seattle drafted Scottie Pippen before sending him to the Bulls in a draft-night trade.

But did you know the SuperSonics nearly traded Shawn Kemp and Ricky Pierce for Pippen – with Michael Jordan’s blessing – in 1994?

Jordan was retired (for the first of three times), and Pippen had just led Chicago to 55 wins and a playoff-series victory. Seattle won 63 games behind Kemp and Gary Payton, but lost to the Nuggets in the NBA’s first 1-8 upset. Sonics owner Barry Ackerley had just installed Wally Walker to run the front office.

Then-Seattle coach George Karl in “Furious George: My Forty Years Surviving NBA Divas, Clueless GMs, and Poor Shot Selection:”

The Bulls saw an opportunity. Four days before the draft, Jerry Krause called. The Chicago GM, who’d visited me in Spain, had a proposal: Kemp, Pierce, and our number one for Scottie Pippen. Pippen was the best small forward, or 3, in the league. Nothing he wasn’t good at. During one of Michael’s retirements, Scottie led his team in all five of the main categories—rebounds, scoring, blocks, steals, and assists—so rare that it had only happened once before in NBA history (Dave Cowens, for the Celtics, in 1977-78). But with his running buddy MJ now a baseball player, maybe Pippen was a little disconnected. When I tried to imagine the Sonics without Shawn I knew I’d miss him, but I got pretty excited picturing Gary and Scottie teaming up on a trap; they’d smother opposing guards. But every trade prompts a debate. I was in favor of this one but I wasn’t sure.

So I called Michael. We talked about minor-league baseball, North Carolina basketball, and golf. Then we talked about the big deal on the table. Should we do this?

“Do it,” he said. “Scottie can make your other players better. Kemp can’t.”

So, the day before the draft, we said yes. News of the trade immediately leaked out and onto the KJR airwaves. More anger from the callers, a lot more; our fans loved Shawn. Again, Ackerley listened. That afternoon, he called our draft headquarters in the Sonics locker room. It doesn’t feel right, he told Wally. Better wait. I had the unpleasant job of calling Krause, who was not happy.

While we dragged our feet on draft day, Krause got desperate. He called to tell me the Bulls would drop the demand for our number one pick. He offered a big chunk of money in the next call. Then he called back to double it. Literally minutes before the draft started, Ackerley backed us out of the deal. When I delivered the bad news, Krause dropped f-bombs and called me names. We’d keep Kemp, they’d keep Pippen.

I don’t see any reason Jordan – who shared an alma mater, North Carolina, with Karl – would’ve misled his fellow Tar Heel. Jordan was retired and not particularly a Bulls loyalist at that time.

Of course, Jordan came back and Pippen helped him win three more championships, including one over Karl’s Sonics. Kemp declined sharply after that, struggling with weight and attitude issues and wouldn’t have been nearly the sidekick Pippen was.

This is one heck of a “what if?” in basketball history. That trade could’ve drastically altered Jordan’s legacy, maybe even costing him his last three rings. The kicker: It seems Jordan understood the value of the players who would’ve been dealt. He just didn’t understand how it would’ve affected him.

Disclosure: I received a promotional copy of “Furious George.”

If the above is true, Krause truly almost screwed up the Bulls and probably didn't deserve the HOF.