George Karl

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do you guys think the offensive version of Thibs would fit here?

Hoiball without guards that can shoot is not smart...I feel bad for the guy but this ins't a team he can coach. Karl or Larry Brown would be my picks for short notice finish out this season guys.

Long term I would call the former Golden State coach who is great at developing young men into NBA players.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm ready for Hoiball to go.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Karl never liked a team having a "superstar" player, or playing into this "our alpha dog leader" mentality.

That is why I think he would be good for the Bulls. Pass pass pass. No more iso ball. No more quick shots. pass pass pass and run for easy buckets.

nevermind its a terrible fit.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Karl never liked a team having a "superstar" player, or playing into this "our alpha dog leader" mentality.

That is why I think he would be good for the Bulls. Pass pass pass. No more iso ball. No more quick shots. pass pass pass and run for easy buckets.

nevermind its a terrible fit.

Let him take over as general Manager and fire Gar/Pax. Then have him hire a coach.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let him take over as general Manager and fire Gar/Pax. Then have him hire a coach.

Karl as your team culture guy? lol

Larry Brown for GM, yes. Let him hire a coach.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
When did Karl become an offensive version of Thibs? Shit, I've seen his entire career as an NBA head coach, and I couldn't disagree more. Karl is his own flavor of coach.

He would not fit with this team anyways. Hell, Karl and Pax would be at each others throat in a month, which would signal all players to jump ship as soon as they can. He also has become a bitter and impatient person compared to other coaches. Just a bad recipe. Before he did this tell-all book, he would have been ready to just park it as a GM for a mid-market team. Hell, I'd take him as a GM over Gar/Pax, even though it wouldn't be an ideal upgrade, but that ain't happening.

That being said, he's on a short list of NBA coaches I would say are the best at interpreting and bending the game rules in league history. Along the lines of Red and Shue. Best technical coach in the game, knows his shit. But he's even more of a drill sergeant than Thibs, so modern players simply tune him out. Not only that, Pax spent time one-on-one with players in Thibs final season telling them to tune Thibs out, could you imagine what would happen with Karl? Hell no.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The tone of Karl book says he is done with nba forever.....

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Frankly, Karl is/was really fucking overrated.

czman

Liked Posts:
Karl is not a good fit for this team. He would want to strangle Rondo and I think Butler would hate his life.

I think Brown is one of the greatest coaches ever so he would make sense for someone. This Bulls team is no where near being good enough for a short term fix coach. The Bulls are in basketball hell right now and probably should be getting to sell the damn lot of them and take their lumps for a few years.

They might as well just let Fred play out his contract because this team is going nowhere slow and there is no reason to pay two coaches.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hoiberg isnt the problem. Its this mix and match shit the Bulls keep trying to produce in a league that is a super team league. So, unless the Bulls can sign big time players. They have to rebuild and hope to hit. Drafting mid teens isnt going to get you there. The signings of Rondo and Wade were mind boggling. What did the Bulls think was going to happen? This team could never beat Cleveland. You could give them Pop and you are probably the 4th best team in the league maybe. The Bulls arent young and they dont having budding stars. Butler is in his prime and thats it.

Edit: When I said league, I mean the East.

Last edited:

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mark Jackson would be an interesting option.

But I agree that this is not on the coach. The front office has absolutely no strategy at all.

Younger an more athletic my ass!

No guys here who can score the damn basketball. While Rose is lighting up MSG ...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
When did Karl become an offensive version of Thibs? Shit, I've seen his entire career as an NBA head coach, and I couldn't disagree more. Karl is his own flavor of coach.

He would not fit with this team anyways. Hell, Karl and Pax would be at each others throat in a month, which would signal all players to jump ship as soon as they can. He also has become a bitter and impatient person compared to other coaches. Just a bad recipe. Before he did this tell-all book, he would have been ready to just park it as a GM for a mid-market team. Hell, I'd take him as a GM over Gar/Pax, even though it wouldn't be an ideal upgrade, but that ain't happening.

That being said, he's on a short list of NBA coaches I would say are the best at interpreting and bending the game rules in league history. Along the lines of Red and Shue. Best technical coach in the game, knows his shit. But he's even more of a drill sergeant than Thibs, so modern players simply tune him out. Not only that, Pax spent time one-on-one with players in Thibs final season telling them to tune Thibs out, could you imagine what would happen with Karl? Hell no.

What we have here is a failure to communicate, eh? Seriously, though, until they fire Gar/Pax, its all a BS exercise.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
George Karl? Are you serious? What a joke. After the book controversy, no way.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Karl as the offensive system in Minnesota would probably be Thibs only chance at winning. Would be a good duo with those young wingers and Towns, Rubio.

Reinsdorf should hire
Larry Brown as GM
Mark Jackson as coach

be the guy that hires Ewing? It would be fitting if Ewing won a chip with the Bulls after being blocked his career.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Karl as the offensive system in Minnesota would probably be Thibs only chance at winning. Would be a good duo with those young wingers and Towns, Rubio.

Reinsdorf should hire
Larry Brown as GM
Mark Jackson as coach

be the guy that hires Ewing? It would be fitting if Ewing won a chip with the Bulls after being blocked his career.
Step away from the computer.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Let me guess. We kick the tires on Greg Oden too?

Courtney Love as the head Luv-a-bull, and a Shaggy Rogers voice actor to replace Stacey King.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mark Jackson developed the greatest team in modern history.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Mark Jackson developed the greatest team in modern history.

Don Nelson had more to do with the chain reaction leading to the team and franchise development than Mark Jackson. Not saying Mark Jackson is a bad coach, he brings his own issues to the table and the credit for how that team turned out should not be affiliated with his coaching.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
It's hard to say which coach would be good and to place so much blame on Hoiberg with this roster. I mean what did you honestly expect them to accomplish? It's the reason many of us were frustrated over the signings this summer instead of going into full tank mode. This roster is about as good as it's going to be, if you thought the bulls were anything than a ~.500 team you were delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk