Amanda Nunes beats Ronda Rousey. Americans Gone. No Contenders left.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
So Amanda Nunes beats Ronda Rousey in 48 secs... fight is stopped as Rousey takes dizzying shots to the head, without defending herself, but staying on her feet -- fight is stopped.

Rousey again makes the mistake of trying to out-strike a superior striker (as she did against Holm). Simple as that.

Rousey has more game as a world class Judo fighter, but doesn't bring it to the table. And now, may very well retire after taking home a 3 million dollar purse.

Meanwhile... Holly Holm just lost a unanimous-decision fight against Valentina Shevchenko, who had just lost to Amanda Nunes, who had just beat Miesha Tate who has retired. The plate is clean...

Holly Holm is just too old to start improving enough to beat the young Nunes or Shevchenko.

Actually, Valentina Shevchenko fought Nunes quite well. I see Shevchenko as a smart, fast, strong, very well rounded and young fighter who is improving very quickly. Like Miesha Tate, she likely can't out-strike Nunes, but she can out-smart and maneuver her.

Thoughts?

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Are they allowed to apply Purple Nurples? Because that would be an effective counter to a striker.

Reactions: WCL

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Are they allowed to apply Purple Nurples? Because that would be an effective counter to a striker.
Sorry, Tommy Boy, clawing, pinching, twisting the flesh is illegal in MMA, but legal in love and hand grenades.

Guess Who

Liked Posts:
I don't know much about the sport but I saw a match on tv 2 or 3 weeks ago featuring a Hottie Karate vs Some hot blonde cutie. The blonde lost.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sorry, Tommy Boy, clawing, pinching, twisting the flesh is illegal in MMA, but not love or grenades.

Those sissies wear chest cups? Butterbean never did, and that guy was a solid C cup.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Ronda has no hand game whatsoever

its like she never got in a fist fight ever...its that bad

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Ronda is the female version of Brock. Has one aspect of their game that is great, but cannot strike what so ever.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you guys really like watching women fight?

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
Do you guys really like watching women fight?
I don't like that they're fighting. But while I was watching them, they were fighting. They can't here me say, "stop fighting!". Not sure what we can do about it... :dunno:

Camden Cutler

Black Boy Fly
Liked Posts:
LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

shit like this is why ronda got her head knocked off....what kind of trainer doesn't correct those kind of punches?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure she made the mistake of trying to fight standing up. The simple fact is your opponent isn't going to just let you take them down. Sometimes, there just isn't a good opening to take someone down before they turn your face into a plump strawberry.

Not to mention Rousey simply looks like a fighter that can't take a punch. She gets hit and loses all sense about her. In the immortal words of Mike Tyson, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure she made the mistake of trying to fight standing up. The simple fact is your opponent isn't going to just let you take them down. Sometimes, there just isn't a good opening to take someone down before they turn your face into a plump strawberry.

Not to mention Rousey simply looks like a fighter that can't take a punch. She gets hit and loses all sense about her. In the immortal words of Mike Tyson, "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth."
Very true, Rem.

Fighters aren't just going to let you take them down, even if they want to take the fight to the mat. Fight only lasted 48 secs... so I'm also going a bit off of Rousey's last fight with Holm to gauge Rousey's intentions.

Considering her Holm fight, and the first 48 secs of this fight, I got the distinct impression Rousey was going to duke it out with Nunes. Some fighters are better at disguising their intentions than others... but Rousey didn't move like she was going for a take down.

Some fighters want to get a striking feel with an opponent, even if they plan on taking them to the mat as the main strategy. Rousey looked like she was going to strike with Nunes, for whatever time period... that would have been a mistake.

I mean, you know, fighters have basic ways to facilitate a takedown. Classically, Rousey can back up, and have Nunes move in, making it more difficult for Nunes to backup quickly enough to avoid a grasp. If you're going to grasp and judo throw, you come in very fast and protect your head. You might take a body shot, but you have a pretty good shot. Rousey never appeared to do either one of these things.

Historically, Rousey is at least fair at striking and taking a hit to the face. I don't have a real good gauge of just how hard a hit she can take. But Nunes surely hits way harder than most, and Rousey, though staying on her feet, obviously can't take those kind of shots.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

shit like this is why ronda got her head knocked off....what kind of trainer doesn't correct those kind of punches?

How has she not fucked up her wrists? Jesus christ, one of the first things I learned in martial arts as a kid was how to properly punch so you don't hurt your damn self.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Very true, Rem.

Fighters aren't just going to let you take them down, even if they want to take the fight to the mat. Fight only lasted 48 secs... so I'm also going a bit off of Rousey's last fight with Holm to gauge Rousey's intentions.

Considering her Holm fight, and the first 48 secs of this fight, I got the distinct impression Rousey was going to duke it out with Nunes. Some fighters are better at disguising their intentions than others... but Rousey didn't move like she was going for a take down.

Some fighters want to get a striking feel with an opponent, even if they plan on taking them to the mat as the main strategy. Rousey looked like she was going to strike with Nunes, for whatever time period... that would have been a mistake.

I mean, you know, fighters have basic ways to facilitate a takedown. Classically, Rousey can back up, and let have Nunes move in, making it more difficult for Nunes to backup quickly enough to avoid a grasp. If you're going to grasp and judo throw, you come in very fast and protect your head. You might take a body shot, but you have a pretty good shot. Rousey never appeared to do either one of these things.

Historically, Rousey is at least fair at striking and take a hit to the face. I don't have a real good gauge of just how hard a hit she can take. But Nunes surely hits way harder than most, and Rousey, though staying on her feet, obviously can't take those kind of shots.

Fair enough and I get what you are saying. Just think the fight ended so quickly it's tough to see what her plan was long term.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fair enough and I get what you are saying. Just think the find ended so quickly it's tough to see what her plan was long term.

LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

Her plan was to do that, and it backfired horribly

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
are they women?

They can appear relatively fugly in the cage, but Meisha Tate cleans up nicely. no reasonable hetero single male on this site would pass on that opportunity.