Hurricanes @ Blackhawks 1/6 at 7:30 p.m.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And he'd promptly make 35 saves in a 2-0 shutout of the Hawks.

Updates on tonight's game: looks like our cousin Vinnie is going to be on the top line at LW with Toews and Hossa. I'm intrigued by this. Those two were at their best when they had a speedy Saad on their LW who could help with a relentless forecheck. Obviously Saad is miles ahead of the player that Hinnie is, but I'm also excited to see what he does in that role.

Also Campbell in tonight.

Hinistroza is relentless.... in almost all aspects

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Dear sweet baby Jesus what a pass by Hossa.

Tater might've died on that.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
2-1 going into the 3rd, hawks haven't lost a game like this in years in the regular season.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Goalie win:hawkbang::hawkbang::hawkbang:

C1ikHlBVQAAG6_P.jpg

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
And that's the story of Hurricane

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Ares retribution.

I on the otherhand missed the whole game. Anything I need to know?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah...it looks like Hino is the surprising but shouldn't be answer until a trade is made for 1LW.

He has more experience in system than the young guys, a good touch...but its his mobility and getting to more places and being up to get up and down the ice that makes him a nice fit for these 2 way superstars.

Hinostroza-Toews-Hossa
GLIH
Hartman-Kruger-Panik
Desjardins-Kero-Ras

Its just impossible to spin these wheels and have 4 strong lines. A great line, a good line, a dysfunctional line, and a poor line seems to be the way it always breaks down.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yeah...it looks like Hino is the surprising but shouldn't be answer until a trade is made for 1LW.

He has more experience in system than the young guys, a good touch...but its his mobility and getting to more places and being up to get up and down the ice that makes him a nice fit for these 2 way superstars.

Hinostroza-Toews-Hossa
GLIH
Hartman-Kruger-Panik
Desjardins-Kero-Ras

Its just impossible to spin these wheels and have 4 strong lines. A great line, a good line, a dysfunctional line, and a poor line seems to be the way it always breaks down.

You know we're at the top of the Western Conference, right?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

We aren't really except in points with 2-4 games extra played, and I can't believe it with the way we have played and it won't last with the problems we are seeing.

The defense and goalies have been playing great outside first month, and Crow was god mode first month so covered the rough start by defense/pk.

I don't feel too good about things until I see another center and another forward in Hawks uniform I haven't seen yet.

The next 3 weeks are going to be depressing until Kruger gets back.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

Think that's more of an indictment of the other teams in the Western Conference than a sign of the Hawks' conference dominance.

It's not like the Hawks are bad or anything. I think they're very much the best team in the conference and I think they're going to have an incredible advantage over the rest of the conference because they have the best goalie in the West (and the gap is fairly wide, imo). But this team has never really looked like a Cup-worthy team. At least not yet. There are a few teams in the East, Pittsburgh most notably, that would give the Hawks (as currently constructed) all sorts of trouble in a 7-game series. The vast majority of these doubts of mine stem from the lack of forward depth on the team.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's no real coincidence that the Wild and Columbus have had such limited games played and are the teams benefitting most from it here with great November December's... they're luck pdos are set to drop too but also Toews may actually be back with a several good game role ready to at least be somewhat himself.

The pk with Kruger out mat drop from what was the best in December cause Kero is still making not comfortable with the reads mistakes.

I think the lack of tvr.. meaning sans the few Rozi games lack of any 4th player to put on the PK hurt the Hawks pk badly early on and December since TVR returned certainly helped despite the Buffalo goals two games back

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol we win 2 games in a row, we're at the top of the standings.... and some of you are talking like we're out of the playoff race.

What in the actual fuck?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You know Stalberg was fast on the top line.
Stalberg played besides toews successfully in 2012 a bunch. Since that was the year to try Kane at center and had Hossa often with him there... and carbomb too hilariously.

Though Stalberg and Brunette were the worst linemates toews consistently had before last season and this. And he did have rookie Versteeg a bunch in 08/09

I loved how in the final weeks of that season Kane and toews both were missing time and the top line was actually Sharp-Kruger-Stalgod.

At least the pointless wondertwins tootoo and Desjardins aren't playing in the top 6 besides Toews.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol we win 2 games in a row, we're at the top of the standings.... and some of you are talking like we're out of the playoff race.

What in the actual fuck?

fuck a blanket with the pigs.

I'm paniky

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Pigs.. pigs?!? The pigs are so terrible. But schmaltz keeps playing well scoring again, he's two goals away from the team lead basically a 4th of the games played.