IGT: Red Wings @ Blackhawks 1/10 at 7:30 p.m.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
hot-red-wings-fans-suck-it-gesture-hockey-fans-hockey-fan-gif.gif

17-18-5, 39 points, 15th place in Eastern Conference

@

seabrook.gif

26-12-5, 57 points, 1st place in Western Conference

Puckdrop - 7:38 p.m.
TV - WGN
Radio - WGN AM 720

I had no idea that the Red Wings were so low in the standings this year. But I guess that isn't too much of a surprise when the one goalie who was actually playing well for the Wings is on IR. Jimmy Howard had a .934 SA% and a 1.96 GAA in his 17 games this year. The other two: Petr Mrazek (.895 SA%, 3.10) and Jared Coreau (.903 SA%, 3.14). Yikes. Seven other Red Wings are on the IR, including old friends Nick Kronwall, Johan Franzen, Darren Helm and Justin Abdelkader. There are some exciting young players on the team like Dylan Larkin and Anthony Mantha but they haven't done enough to mask Detroit's glaring issues. And, somehow, Henrik Zetterberg is still leading this team in points with 28 in 40 GP. Although that may not be a good thing.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Lines at the morning skate:

Hinostroza-Toews-Hossa
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Hartman-Kero-Panik
Desjardins-Rasmussen-Tootoo

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Wings may get a boost tonight if Abdelkader and Green come back. Another game that the good teams win on home ice, so hopefully the Blackhawks continue that trend.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Blow them out of the stadium and be done with it

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just win.

The rivalry has lost it's luster.....

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You just beat me to making an IGT.

giphy.gif

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Ha said today Toews is selected to the Allstars game... gotta love it bring so pure when decided by the NHL.

Secretly they probably wanted to pick him because he'll be on their top 100 players of all time list they're revealing at the Allstars weekend

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Guessing most people know about the speedy Larkin on the Red Wings, but they have a new player with both size and speed in Andreas Athanasiou. Was watching the LA/Det game the other night and both his size and speed were apparent. Could be a fun player to watch and he has had a nice few games in a row here.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Happytoseeyou is pretty fly and Mantha finally is developed and scoring in the NHL

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Guessing most people know about the speedy Larkin on the Red Wings, but they have a new player with both size and speed in Andreas Athanasiou. Was watching the LA/Det game the other night and both his size and speed were apparent. Could be a fun player to watch and he has had a nice few games in a row here.

He was good last year, too. ...or at least noticeable.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Oh, hey: Crawford's in net. And sounds like Rozi is popping popcorn in the press box again.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I still hate them, too bad we suck and have to give them a chance in a rebuild year for them. I can't watch us flounder against bad competition much longer. lose lose