Bernstein has been paired with Jason Goff

roadwarrior_joe

Liked Posts:
This is good because it will give Spiegel a new partner. Him and Goff were terrible. I'm not a fan of Spiegs but I kinda feel bad for him in that he's had a raw deal since Danny Mac left. Pat Mannelly was just awful and Goff and him just didn't work.

The afternoon show will go from 50% baseball, 40% basketball, 10% football to 60% basketball, 30% baseball, 10% football.

since danny left that whole afternoon show was shit

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I said I rarely post inaccurate/factually incorrect things...I didn't say I was the Oracle of Delphi.

my philosophy is that you should never draft anyone unless you're sure you're sure about them

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm good with it. I like Goff on the air more than most people though. I always used to enjoy when Goff filled in with Dan before he went to Atlanta. Bernstein is ok only if he is held in check, and Goff will do that better than twilight years Terry Boers did. I also think Bernstein will balance out Goff from the giggle fest that is the current mid day show.

Not a Spiegel fan, but I'll give that show a shot. I have never listened to anything on ESPN 1000 that has kept me coming back.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Laurence Holmes is their best talent they should be giving him more air time

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
Goff sucks ass and laughs at his own jokes. Pairing Bernstein with Abbatacola or Rozner would be gold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
I can't stand Bernstein so I just quit listening some time ago. Seemed too pretentious, all knowing, and unwilling to acknowledge other people's opinions have just as much merit as his. It's fine to have differing opinions. Heck, it's why we're on this board. But just don't have a pompous, condescending attitude when responding to someone whose opinion differs with yours. I occasionally check back in, but then quickly remember why I stopped listening to his show. I just don't bother anymore.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
I can't stand Bernstein so I just quit listening some time ago. Seemed too pretentious, all knowing, and unwilling to acknowledge other people's opinions have just as much merit as his. It's fine to have differing opinions. Heck, it's why we're on this board. But just don't have a pompous, condescending attitude when responding to someone whose opinion differs with yours. I occasionally check back in, but then quickly remember why I stopped listening to his show. I just don't bother anymore.

You still listen don't lie

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
I take the opposite stance on Bernstein dealing with stupid callers and stupid opinions based on 1950's ideals. To me the issue is that there are so many stupid people out there who are so willing to show Chicago just how stupid they are. We should be mad at the callers not Bernstein, sometimes you need to be pompous and unrelenting when you know the person you're talking to has probably not left Chicago their entire lives and likely never read a book after high school or college.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'll check it out but I'm skeptical about this pairing. Goff's obsession with race and Bernstein's outspoken political views and know-it-all attitude could get old/annoying very fast.

Goff never misses an opportunity to preach race issues, and Bernstein with whatever trips his trigger.

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If WSCR was keeping things in-house, I can see why they chose this pairing. The Spiegel/Goff show was on the air for 5 years, and in Year 5 it seemed like every show was still the opening show...it seemed like neither host was prepared to discuss anything, the show would always go off the rails, etc. At least that show is effectively being cancelled.

Bernstein still has some gravitas IMO, and perhaps that can float the show initially, but we shall see.
Goff/Spiegel were just made partners. They have maybe a year together. The problem is Spiegel keeps changing partners.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
Laurence Holmes is their best talent they should be giving him more air time

True. I hate his lead in routine for his show but after that I enjoy his show the most.

You still listen don't lie

I tuned out the afternoon show years ago and wont tune it back in until Dan B is gone. Im glad Holmes wasn't paired with Dan.

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is good because it will give Spiegel a new partner. Him and Goff were terrible. I'm not a fan of Spiegs but I kinda feel bad for him in that he's had a raw deal since Danny Mac left. Pat Mannelly was just awful and Goff and him just didn't work.

The afternoon show will go from 50% baseball, 40% basketball, 10% football to 60% basketball, 30% baseball, 10% football.

I disagree, Goff actually likes football unlike Boers. TB regularly told the audience that he doesn't like football and only watched it for professional purposes.