Bernstein has been paired with Jason Goff

Teddy KGB

Cultural Icon
Liked Posts:
They should just keep being paired with Barry rozner. Frankly Berry is the only one who can sort of diffuse Dan's assholeness.

At the very least even when Barry gets on his soapbox he's very low-key about it. I feel like with Dan and Jason Goff it'd be no different if I tuned in to NPR.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They should just keep being paired with Barry rozner. Frankly Berry is the only one who can sort of diffuse Dan's assholeness.

At the very least even when Barry gets on his soapbox he's very low-key about it. I feel like with Dan and Jason Goff it'd be no different if I tuned in to NPR.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Rozner says too many dumb things for my taste. He is also too much of a "good ol days" foggy memory guy. He seems to have a recollection of a time where there were a lot of good QBs in the NFL.

Also just the other day I heard him say that Dak Prescott had "great weapons on the outside". I will give him Dez and then who else is great, Cole Beasely, Terrence Williams?

The guy is not a real football guy and the Bears are the reason I listen to WSCR so I can do without Rozner's terrible football thoughts.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Goff never misses an opportunity to preach race issues, and Bernstein with whatever trips his trigger.

He can squeeze it in anywhere. Someone mentions crossing a street, he'll joke that there must have been a brother coming the other way. It's endless. Poor guy must think about it 24/7. It's an obsession.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I disagree, Goff actually likes football unlike Boers. TB regularly told the audience that he doesn't like football and only watched it for professional purposes.

I know, but NBA is his thing, and it also happens to be one of Bernstein's only two topics (the other being tedious baseball saber metrics), so I'm expecting a heavy dose of basketball. If the football content increases that's good, but Dan is a useless on football and I've heard some serious head-scratching football thoughts from Goff too.

emaugust

Sort of a big deal...
Liked Posts:
I take the opposite stance on Bernstein dealing with stupid callers and stupid opinions based on 1950's ideals. To me the issue is that there are so many stupid people out there who are so willing to show Chicago just how stupid they are. We should be mad at the callers not Bernstein, sometimes you need to be pompous and unrelenting when you know the person you're talking to has probably not left Chicago their entire lives and likely never read a book after high school or college.

Actually you should be mad at phone screeners who drop good calls for dumb calls so the show can do its bit. Ever wonder why very few dumbasses ever make it on the air with Hub? Or other hosts?

The radio is a public trust and Dan Bernstein is an asshat.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Actually you should be mad at phone screeners who drop good calls for dumb calls so the show can do its bit. Ever wonder why very few dumbasses ever make it on the air with Hub? Or other hosts?

The radio is a public trust and Dan Bernstein is an asshat.
Because people call into hub since they know their idea or question actually get thought out and talked about. Other times why would you bother to call b&b

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to listen to the show almost everyday but got Sirius XM in 2015 and really have tuned out 670 since then except for AM to hear Biggs' Bears updates now and then and a little bit during the Cubs playoff run.

The new lineups/pairings are very meh to me, not big on Goff and cant stand Speigs, and am burned out on Bernstein. I guess I really only listed for Terry ....and the funny sound drops like "83" and "bycracky"

Think I'll stick to XM NFL radio

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He can squeeze it in anywhere. Someone mentions crossing a street, he'll joke that there must have been a brother coming the other way. It's endless. Poor guy must think about it 24/7. It's an obsession.

I listen to the pod pretty often and I don't find it to be overdone. I imagine that there is a fair amount of confirmation bias in a lot of the race based complaining about Goff. He is not at all a grievance peddler but in the year of Trump and Kaepernick, the issue has been a legit sports topic and even the most mainstream, non confrontational personalities like Mike and Mike have had to discuss the issues.

The guy's job is to keep people listening. I'd listen to Bowen and other coachey types break down technique and formation all day but I don't know if you can live off football junkies alone.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I listen to the pod pretty often and I don't find it to be overdone. I imagine that there is a fair amount of confirmation bias in a lot of the race based complaining about Goff. He is not at all a grievance peddler but in the year of Trump and Kaepernick, the issue has been a legit sports topic and even the most mainstream, non confrontational personalities like Mike and Mike have had to discuss the issues.

The guy's job is to keep people listening. I'd listen to Bowen and other coachey types break down technique and formation all day but I don't know if you can live off football junkies alone.

I'm not a Breitbart alt righter; that isn't at all what I hear him doing or what annoys me. It's all innocuous stuff and casual joking. I'm not complaining that he's a race baiter, I'm complaining that his shtick is trite.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I listen live off and on and he would literally go on preaching tirades, on race, and P Kane stuff when that was happening, regular rants and preaching sessions. Maybe people complained so he cut back some recently. I can't see those rants of his being real popular among listeners.

Last edited:

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not a Breitbart alt righter; that isn't at all what I hear him doing or what annoys me. It's all innocuous stuff and casual joking. I'm not complaining that he's a race baiter, I'm complaining that his shtick is trite.

I can see where you are coming from there even if I don't find it as tiresome.

I listen live off and on and he would literally go on preaching tirades, on race, and P Kane stuff when that was happening, regular rants and preaching sessions. Maybe people complained so he cut back some recently. I can't see those rants of his being real popular among listeners.

The whole station went crazy on the Kane thing. I hardly listened to WSCR during that mess, I can't stand to hear so many people spouting uninformed opinions about the legal business. They all should have just kept quiet until the DA had ruled.

The part that was particularly galling about the whole bunch of them is that I never once heard them talk to a criminal law expert. I know a lot of lawyers and they love to talk. I am sure it would have taken a producer 5 minutes to book a criminal lawyer from Erie County who could have given them some incite into the process. Instead they just pontificated. Calling a contract law professor, as they did, to talk about criminal law in Buffalo is ridiculous. That is like calling a dermatologist to look at your broken foot.

quicksand30

Liked Posts:
I actually find Goff alright as long as he's sticking to sports. Danny Mac and Spiegel were literally the worst people and combination in the entirety of the Score in the past 10 years. Spiegel is less bad, but Danny Mac was the worst meatball. Mannelly was infinitely better.

Boers and Bernstein are too condescending. And I get part of their thing was to make fun of incoherent callers, but it's a complete waste of time for those of us that actually want to hear about sports and analysis. I could care less about their political and atheistic polemics.

Mully and Hanley do a good job. Doug and OB were just the best kind of Bears fan craziness. Doug Buffone left us too soon.

Don't always agree with Hub, but I enjoy listening to him.

Holmes is alright. The dramatic pauses are a bit much sometimes, but it makes it easy to do comical impressions of him.

Can't do ESPN 1000 except for some Waddle and Silvy.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Aaaaand the first topic on the first B&G show is ..... NBA. Shocker!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's January so duh

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
It's January so duh

Yeah, right in the middle of the playoffs in the most popular sport, they go with out of town regular season NBA as their first topic. Duh indeed.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What local sports story is worth talking about?

They were talking about the Cavaliers. I'd have thought the playoffs would be the biggest story to open with. They'll have some playoff talk with guests, but I knew Bernstein and Goff would be NBA first and it will be.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Need more discussion on which QB to take and should the 3rd pick be used.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Jason Goff is the new Chet Coppock. His questions are too long and repetitive. I can't listen to him anymore, too frustrating. Get to the point!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I knew there was something about Goff that I didn't like, and you hit the nail on the head. I often find myself getting irritated at how much time it takes him to phrase a simple question to a guest on the show. He must have learned that from Terry Boers, who is the absolute WORST at phrasing his questions in a timely manner. He was the master at the parenthetical non sequiturs.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
I feel like mully is worse at this.

"Now brad uhhh, I know you're with the team every day and in the interview I heard you uhhh ask a question to John fox and I thought his response was interesting because he uhhhh was talking about how the running game was a big part of,the game plan coming in, so do you think that jay Cutler is going to be back with the uhh bears next year or do you feel like I and many others do that when the bears fired Adam gase that it was the right move?"

Last edited: