Bernstein has been paired with Jason Goff

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I liked it when Goff would fill in years ago before his Atlanta trip.

I haven't heard Goff be some moral highground but don't listen to any of him... sure just being besides a baffoon like Spegiel makes everyone seem so.

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

TishLover

Liked Posts:
Not sure about this combo but Matt Spiegel and Jason Goff were unbearable and didn't work.
Both guys thinks they are funny and they were constantly laughing.

Hopefully someone new will save the Spiegel show.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Not sure about these guys but Matt Spiegel and Jason Goff were unbearable and didn't work.
Both guys thinks they are funny and they were constantly laughing.

Hopefully someone new will save the Spiegel show.

Is there a saving to be had?

The only quality thing in seemingly 5 years of Spegs I've ever heard was his sheer idiocy in asking Marain Hossa, "do you work out?"

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
That guys a real J. Goff.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Bernstein's time is short. Once you link yourself to another host for the entirety of your career and that half of the duo is gone that ends that chemistry that relationship.

Besides all Bernstein's friend grown into a massively insufferable dick that is completely intolerable. I have a high tolerance for him previously but now I go up the dial.

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
Rozner or Abbatacola would've been fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

northsiderbearcub

Liked Posts:
I liked it when Goff would fill in years ago before his Atlanta trip.

I haven't heard Goff be some moral highground but don't listen to any of him... sure just being besides a baffoon like Spegiel makes everyone seem so.

Goff will set off serious moral Bernstein and that stinks. Vitriol caller hating Bernstein is why I tune in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDB_219

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If WSCR was keeping things in-house, I can see why they chose this pairing. The Spiegel/Goff show was on the air for 5 years, and in Year 5 it seemed like every show was still the opening show...it seemed like neither host was prepared to discuss anything, the show would always go off the rails, etc. At least that show is effectively being cancelled.

Bernstein still has some gravitas IMO, and perhaps that can float the show initially, but we shall see.

Goff has only worked with Speigel since 2015. I don't know where you got the 5 years.

I'm happy with the Bernstein/Goff pairing because Goff is his own man and will stand up to Bernstein. I was going to severely cut my listening if they had chosen Abbatacola, he does not work for me and I don't listen much when he is own. Goff's more sunny outlook is needed to balance some of Bernstein's doom and gloom IMO.

I actually really enjoyed Spiegel and Goff and found myself listening to them more than Bernstein and random fill in.

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what happened? Did Boers retire or something? I kept hearing them talk about "last Boers & Bernstein show!" etc., but I never heard why.

And I agree, that's two guys that think they're the holier than thou, and the moral compass for all of sports, so I guess we'll see...

85Bears

Formerly known as 85Bears
Donator
Liked Posts:
So what happened? Did Boers retire or something?

Nevermind. I used the wonder and magic of the interwebz to discover that Boers did, in fact, retire...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is good because it will give Spiegel a new partner. Him and Goff were terrible. I'm not a fan of Spiegs but I kinda feel bad for him in that he's had a raw deal since Danny Mac left. Pat Mannelly was just awful and Goff and him just didn't work.

The afternoon show will go from 50% baseball, 40% basketball, 10% football to 60% basketball, 30% baseball, 10% football.

Nicker

Liked Posts:
So what happened? Did Boers retire or something? I kept hearing them talk about "last Boers & Bernstein show!" etc., but I never heard why.

And I agree, that's two guys that think they're the holier than thou, and the moral compass for all of sports, so I guess we'll see...
He had jaw cancer from what I understand. He basically missed the last 6 months or so. When he came back he sounded a little funny. So I guess he decided to retire.

As far as the new pairing, that will be a show I can do with out. I started to tune into espn when the penn state stuff started and Bernstein wouldn't shut up about it. then when BLM started getting national attention and another shooting occurred, goff and spiegel just wouldn't let it go. I understand these are current events. But I tune into sports radio to escape that stuff. I want analysis and in depth interviews, not someone's opinion on a subject they aren't qualified to speak about.

I used to like spiegel until they paired him with goff. Spiegel can't carry a show though, he's just a side kick. I think spiegel and bernstien would have been pairing personally. Spiegel would do well with abattacola.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is good because it will give Spiegel a new partner. Him and Goff were terrible. I'm not a fan of Spiegs but I kinda feel bad for him in that he's had a raw deal since Danny Mac left. Pat Mannelly was just awful and Goff and him just didn't work.

The afternoon show will go from 50% baseball, 40% basketball, 10% football to 60% basketball, 30% baseball, 10% football.

No allocation for the soapbox?:shrug:

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He had jaw cancer from what I understand. He basically missed the last 6 months or so. When he came back he sounded a little funny. So I guess he decided to retire.

As far as the new pairing, that will be a show I can do with out. I started to tune into espn when the penn state stuff started and Bernstein wouldn't shut up about it. then when BLM started getting national attention and another shooting occurred, goff and spiegel just wouldn't let it go. I understand these are current events. But I tune into sports radio to escape that stuff. I want analysis and in depth interviews, not someone's opinion on a subject they aren't qualified to speak about.

I used to like spiegel until they paired him with goff. Spiegel can't carry a show though, he's just a side kick. I think spiegel and bernstien would have been pairing personally. Spiegel would do well with abattacola.

I don't think Speigel wants anything to do with DB, jmho.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I have no idea who either of these 2 people are, and after reading this thread, it seems that it's for the better.