Trubisky/Watson game comparison

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
These are two games condensed down to 30 min. Just watch the type of throws Trubisky makes compared to Watson. Watson is dink and dunk with the deep toss to Williams most of the time. Trubisky just makes all types of throws from the pocket and is simply more accurate. As far as pocket passing which is everything in the NFL these two videos just show the big difference between the two and why one is more likely to have success at the next level while the other is going to struggle or at best be barely average qb.

[video=youtube;r00XwBO9Lmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00XwBO9Lmc[/video]

Im not big on either guy but if i had a choice i definitely go with TRubisky who while maybe not a franchise qb can be a very good qb if he has a good running game behind him. Not a game manager but more of an Andy Daulton/Joe Flacco type just not elite type guy.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;T0Xsj2Ayigw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0Xsj2Ayigw[/video]

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Thanks. I've been saying this.

The throws Watson has to make in the Clemson O by and large aren't that impressive.

Here's only Watson throws from the Louisville game

[video=youtube;4klc-1-Brvc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4klc-1-Brvc[/video]

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Only Trubisky throws against Duke

[video=youtube;f8smYxdfy-M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8smYxdfy-M[/video]

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This board is all about Trubisky or Watson when Kizer may be the overall best prospect. Biggest, strongest, just as good with his feet and might have the best head for the game. The more I see of all 3, the better I feel about Kizer. ND was a shit show carnival this year and he persevered.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
This board is all about Trubisky or Watson when Kizer may be the overall best prospect. Biggest, strongest, just as good with his feet and might have the best head for the game. The more I see of all 3, the better I feel about Kizer. ND was a shit show carnival this year and he persevered.

You might be right in the long run but i saw a lot of Kizer and he is very physically gifted and throws a freakishly accurate deep ball but he struggles with just about every throw. He can make them but its almost a 50/50 on whether the throw is going to be between the numbers or 3 feet over the recievers hands. Hes the one guy who if he reaches his potential could be an absolute stud in the league. I believe Kizer and Mahomes have the highest ceilings at the next level.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:

The throws Watson has to make in the Clemson O by and large aren't that impressive.

Nice vid. Now i dont want to rag on the guy as hes a very good college qb and could have a decent nfl career in the right situation but i absolutely dont see him as a franchise leading qb. He simply does not display the skillset that it takes to play qb at a high level in the league. If im wrong ill be the first to give him his props but right now i dont see it.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Now lets take a look at Mahomes. Look at the sideline throws,the deep ball accuracy is insane! back shoulder throws etc. he has to work on his ball release and footwork but if he corrects those issues this kid can be flat out special. He reminds me of Drew Brees.

[video=youtube;2H-Wu-QWVZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H-Wu-QWVZc[/video]

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

I've watched some tape and I come away more impressed with Kizer. They push the ball at ND and he makes huge throws..

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Now lets take a look at Mahomes. Look at the sideline throws,the deep ball accuracy is insane! back shoulder throws etc. he has to work on his ball release and footwork but if he corrects those issues this kid can be flat out special. He reminds me of Drew Brees.

[video=youtube;2H-Wu-QWVZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2H-Wu-QWVZc[/video]

I have no idea why people say he's inaccurate. Mechanically he's a nightmare, but he has pretty sound decision making. He throws laser dots even though his mechanics are like that. Definitely have to red shirt for a year, but he has potential.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I can't wait for the incoming Trubisky/Watson diet comparison

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
These are two games condensed down to 30 min. Just watch the type of throws Trubisky makes compared to Watson. Watson is dink and dunk with the deep toss to Williams most of the time. Trubisky just makes all types of throws from the pocket and is simply more accurate. As far as pocket passing which is everything in the NFL these two videos just show the big difference between the two and why one is more likely to have success at the next level while the other is going to struggle or at best be barely average qb.

[video=youtube;r00XwBO9Lmc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r00XwBO9Lmc[/video]

Im not big on either guy but if i had a choice i definitely go with TRubisky who while maybe not a franchise qb can be a very good qb if he has a good running game behind him. Not a game manager but more of an Andy Daulton/Joe Flacco type just not elite type guy.

This is why I so strongly objected to the Trubisky dink/dunk O narrative that was perpetuating these boards. Now there's a jump ball narrative in the works. Neither is correct.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

ooof, he looks like shit in that

Treehorn

Liked Posts:

Trubisky is a one read throw it or panic QB and Watson is not an NFL QB.

Kizer is by far the best prospect in the class. He can do what the other two can't, read defenses and go through his progressions. Does he miss some throws, yes. It's easier to fix mechanics to be more accurate but it's much harder to teach a QB to read and go through his progressions. Kizer will go #1 once scouts go through his film and he goes through the combine process.

It really isn't that close. I can only figure out the reason he isn't being included in these CCS QB comparisons is that most posters figure he'll be gone by #3.

iffybiz

Liked Posts:
In watching Mahomes again I don't think the footwork is as bad as I thought. Much as been made of his lifting his back foot. However that means he's transferring his weight forward, as he's supposed to do. It's stepping into his throw without actually stepping.
He does throw flat footed at times for quick passes and off his back foot under pressure but so do a lot of NFL QB including Rodgers and Stafford.
Not saying he doesn't have a lot of work ahead of him but some of the comments about him are a bit overblown.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Kizer faction is beginning to gain some traction.
viva_la_revolucion_by_mrmarkoz-d3ja6rb.jpg

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers

Honestly, I'm fine with any. I just prefer Watson because I've seen him more, and on a bigger stage.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
And just like that the thread is moved in an attempt to silence the people.
viva_la_revolucion_by_mrmarkoz-d3ja6rb.jpg